Worried about what to wear at the gym!

Options
1235»

Replies

• SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    People always look and I've had comments about my legwarmers. Makes me a bit nervous sometimes, but overall I just like wearing them and will continue to do so.. They're cute, comfy, and not only do I like staying warm when I'm wearing shorts but them make me feel better when I'm worried about showing so much leg.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi, I guess I can call myself a newbie since I've created a brand new MFP account today after using my old one on-off for about two years and generally neglecting my health goals!

I'd love to make some friends on here to start my brand new (more motivated!) journey, but I'd also like a little help...

I'm always worried that people are going to be grossed out by seeing my muffin top through my t shirt at the gym. I obviously wobble a lot on the running machines so I get really embarrassed if someone is near by or behind me. Any advice on what else I can wear/if I'm completely off by thinking this?

Thanks in advance! Lots of love

During the summer, my outfit is usually a racerback tshirt and running shorts. Winter is tshirt and yoga pants
  • seoseo123
    seoseo123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First off, who cares what people think?
    second, you don't have to look good, you're there to work out not to check people out.
    Third, Congrats for signing up to the gym. I just came back from it. I was actually scared too. What I learned was it didn't really matter just be comfortable with what you are wearing since you should be comfortable doing all the exercises. I stick with my t-shirt and shorts since I sweat a lot.!! Good luck at the gym.
  • klalsaleh
    klalsaleh Posts: 13
    Options
    i wear t shirt and sweats or yoga pants...that's what comfortable for me....i hate tight clothing.
  • klalsaleh
    klalsaleh Posts: 13
    Options
    legwarmers..how cute! i wish i was bold enough to pull that off.LOL!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    No-one is looking at you. Wear something that is comfortable and allows you to move. Those are the only two factors to take into consideration.
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had this same concern when I first signed up for the gym quite some time ago, then quickly realized that nobody cares. Wear what is comfortable for you to workout in. I started off with looser fitting, dark colored clothing, as I tend to sweat A LOT. Higher waisted yoga or compression pants are also great if you're feeling self conscious. Now I wear whatever the heck I feel like wearing that day. Everyone is at the gym to get healthy and to get in better shape, so there shouldn't be any judgment. Just get in there and own your workout girl!