what's your weekday go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggie smoothie. It's easy and portable. On days that I have time and want to treat myself I make vegan French toast using bananas or avocado mixed with almond milk in place of eggs and milk (add a little vanilla extract) so yummy!
  • terrainstar
    terrainstar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    that sounds great my favorite breakfast is fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries, fat free greek yogurt. all bran buds and cinnamon, a little stevia to sweeten. I usually use 1/2 c of each berry 1/2 c of yogurt and 1/3 cup all bran buds. I let this sit for an hour before i eat it and it tastes like a yummy dessert trifle. this makes 2 servings
  • bassettmama
    bassettmama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. Oatmeal made with almond milk, topped with Wildtree oatmeal mix-ins, usually a banana on the side.
    2. Oatmeal pancakes (1/3 cup of rolled oats, one egg, cinnamon--fried like a pancake, topped with jam)
    3. Wheat bagel thin topped with peanut butter and a sliced banana
    4. 2 over easy eggs and a slice of wheat toast
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have 2 main go to breakfasts. Refrigerator oats with whatever fruit I have on hand or a multigrain waffle with pb and honey
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, slice of cheese, Canadian bacon and usually a slice of toast

Sometimes I'll make a smoothie
  • Whaylen
    Whaylen Posts: 2
    Options
    Just enough to get me going out the door very early,...about a quarter cup of rice milk mixed with one Tablespoon of Hemp protein+fiber, and maybe a poached egg if I have time. Having said that, I absolutely must have something else small a couple of hours after this, such as an Almond Kind bar, but now I cruise until lunch without much effort. I used to be starving up until lunchtime, and I really think cutting out the cereal grains and toast really helped me. Of course that's me, and may not apply to you. After lunch is still tough for me at around 3pm I just want to nap, and it seems to not matter what I eat for lunch. It was really an eye opener to me how many calories I was getting in the morning just from toast and jam. I'd rather eat more at lunch and have a light dinner.
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Porridge with fruit. I have a big bag of mixed summer berries in the freezer and usually throw a handful of those in.
    Keeps me nice and full until lunch.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Porridge with fruit. I have a big bag of mixed summer berries in the freezer and usually throw a handful of those in.
    Keeps me nice and full until lunch.
    this! Exactly this but with dried Cranberry and gogi berries (they were on sale, they don't taste of anything) it's all premeasured in the most adorable little jars (mini coffee jars that match my bigger jars) i honestly think I get more pleasure out of how adorable organised they look than the actual porridge!
    Lately I have been having bagel and banana but I think I.will go.premeasured some now ready for the week!
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Also.. How much like crumble does it taste?
    Some mouthfuls I could swear I was eating a desert!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Poached egg on an English muffin topped with chia seeds

or

Steel cut oatmeal mixed with chopped walnuts and cinnamon and topped with blueberries and almond milk
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Porridge. 30g of oats, 100ml milk, 150ml water, 15g sultanas, pinch of salt and a small banana (half sliced and put in at the start of cooking, the other half sliced and put in right at the end before eating.) Yummy :D
    Used to add a small amount of honey but I find I don't need it now.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Combine in a pan

1 1/4 cups almond milk
    1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
    Pinch of salt

Bring to a boil and reduce heat

Stir in

2 tbs cocoa powder
    1-2 tbs brown sugar
    1 tbs powdered peanut butter
    a splash of vanilla

cook until oats are tender, pour in a bowl and enjoy...can be one or two servings depending on your caloric needs. It keeps me feeling full until lunch with no problem. :)
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Monday ... porridge
    Tuesday ... porridge
    Wednesday ... porridge
    Thursday ... porridge
    Friday ... porridge
    ... mix in different fruits each day

Saturday ... porridge
    Sunday ... porridge
    ... mix in a banana and some peanut butter and set off for a long walk

What can I say? I like porridge.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bürgen - Soy-Lin Bread, 2 slices
    Sanitarium Vegie Delights - Savoury Lentils (In Tomato & Onion Sauce), 138 g
    Port Stephens - Free Range Regular Eggs , 45 g (1 egg)
    Fresh - Avacado Per, 51 gm

Calories: 436
    Protein: 25
    Fat: 16
    Carbs: 44

This is pretty standard for me, sometimes I trade out the lentils for baked beans :smile:
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with fresh honey.

Any season, any day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with flax cooked in almond milk. Depending on my mood, I may add various dried fruits and/or peanut butter. The fruit I add while cooking, and the peanut butter goes in after it's finished.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt/quark, frozen berries (mostly strawbs and blue - allowed to thaw a little bit or you can knock it up the night before so they've thawed overnight in the fridge), any kind of granola I fancy (or a mix of toasted oats, toasted flaked nuts and seeds), chopped/melted 70% dark chocolate and a tablespoon of maple syrup.

Then either an orange, banana, apple, kiwi, etc.

Oh, and black coffee.
  • mcmimi
    mcmimi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Shakeology
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72 19 0 0 1 3
    Great Value - Light Brown Sugar, 12 grams ( 1tsp. ) 45 12 0 0 0 0
    Great Value - All Purpose Flour (Bleached, Enriched & Pre-sifted), 7.5 g (1/4 cup) 25 6 0 1 0 0
    Butter - I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Olive Oil , 1 Tbsp 70 0 8 0 90 0
    Quaker Oatmeal - Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 0.08 cup 26 4 0 1 0 1
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 238 41 8 2 91 4
    Per Serving: 238 41 8 2 91 4
    SINGLE SERVING APPLE CRISP
    KEEPS ME FULL TILL NOON