what's your weekday go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    2 scramble eggs, half a grapefruit and half an avocado...num num!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs, 1 piece of buttered whole wheat toast :)
  • Trixsterfan
    Trixsterfan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Porridge, no sugar,no honey just porridge before gym,then tuna and cottage cheese
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Usually a carnation instant breakfast or some honey bunches of oats.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    So many great, healthy ideas here! I love this thread.
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter bread with Jam
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Cup of Optimum Chocolate Natural Whey & 10 Kirkland Mickey Chicken Nuggets.
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter "french toast" ... two slices of low calorie bread made into a sandwich with the peanut butter. Coated in one whisked egg and fried in a non-stick skillet. Served with a side of greek yogurt with some honey mixed it.

I could actually eat that every day, for all meals lol. But I love peanut butter.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Most mornings:

1 cup oat milk
    1 cup spinach
    1 cup frozen mango or mixed berries
    1 large overripe banana
    2 scoops hemp protein

Blended into a delish smoothie.

If my bananas aren't ripe enough yet, a bowl of:
    30g bran flakes
    1 cup oat milk
    1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
    1/2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
    With a piece of fruit separately
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big fan of breakfast, so I like to eat something really light like a Thomas everything bagel thin with cream cheese, scrambled eggs or egg whites on whole wheat or potato bread toast, or Open Nature instant oatmeal. Sometimes I add a banana, some peach yogurt, or a glass of passion orange guava juice for something sweet to cut down on my sugar cravings for the rest of the day.
  • akillilea0812
    Options
    My old standyby was 2 eggs, over easy, on 2 thin slices of rye toast. So good and kept me full until lunch.

With my busier schedule now, I opt for a banana and an organic Clif Kids Zbar. All of them are good, but the chocolate brownie is the best.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Usually it is 10tbsp egg whites scrambled with 1c chopped fresh baby spinach, and 1/4c fat free cheddar cheese, sometimes with a slice of wheat toast if I have enough carb allowance for it.

My other go to is a sweet potato with light butter and brown sugar, or cereal (kashi or fiberone, the protein varieties) with skim milk.
  • brandilcantrell
    Options
    Blueberry Pie oats!! (208 calories)
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    cinnamon to taste!!

oats, cinnamon, and 1/2 a cup water- microwave for 30 secs stir. Then add the blueberries and a little more water microwave 30 more seconds (repeat this for 1- 1:30 minutes)

I eat this almost every morning and it never gets old. Sometimes if I am craving something sweet in the morning I will add a little bit of brown sugar. Taste just like blueberry pie!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Coffee :drinker:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% Greek yogurt with cherry (140 cals, 14g protein)
    Banana/apple/orange

Or

Steel cut oats, pb2, chocolate whey, tablespoon chocolate chips, slivered almonds and some milk. Mix and let sit in fridge overnight.
  • jazchlo
    jazchlo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is bad but I usually have 2 cups of coffee then a couple of hours later (or longer!) start hunting something to eat. This is a bad habit I have and must get over!! It would be so easy to at least grab a yogurt and fruit but I am just not hungry.
  • meaganorton123
    meaganorton123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Either 1/3 c. oatmeal with 3/4 sc. protein powder and some frozen berries,

or 1/4 - 1/2 cup egg whites with 1 slice rye toast and a kraft single cheese slice.

And coffee with a little silk coffee creamer
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Lately I've just been having a protein shake (1 scoop chocolate whey, 1 tbl spoon of ground flax seed & 4 oz almond milk), a banana, and coffee. Sometimes I'll make an egg bake casserole with egg whites, mozzarella cheese, red onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms and eat that throughout the week.
  • stephgetsfit2
    stephgetsfit2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal with 1 truvia packet. It's quick and i keep it at my desk!