how much do you spend on a haircut?

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    $0

I've had 2 haircuts in 7 years. Last cut was last October, when I had my husband cut off 15 inches to donate. When it's long I trim it myself.
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    $17 for the hair cut. I saved myself an additional $40 a month by doing my own manscaping because nobody could do it the way I liked it.
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My last one was free....my good friend is a stylist and owns her own salon. I did some photography for an event she had and in return she gave me a free haircut (which apparently was worth $75!!) Mind you I got a shampoo with scalp massage, cut (trim & layers), blow dry and style with product.
    I personally would never pay more than $25 for just a regular 15-20 minute wet cut.
    (My prices are in Canadian $$)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My best friend cuts my hair and my 2 kids for free. She comes to my house, she cuts my hair, then while she is cutting the kids hair I cook supper. When she's done, we eat. It's a nice trade :)

My mom's not a professional - she's actually a beauty school dropout from the early 70s ;-) but she lives in a senior apartment housing complex and sometimes cuts & colors other ladies' hair for food or clothing swaps haha
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Mine are usually around $60. It's the dyeing that's expensive. My hair is long and I often end up paying like $200 for colour.

This ^ plus a bit. (comes to about $225 with tip). And my hair isn't long. But it looks pretty darn good when she's done!

I want to move to wherever you people are getting coloured for under $100. I don't think I could get that anywhere here! And I don't think that even one of those Supercuts-type places does women's cuts under $30 in my city.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Whatever the power usage is for hair clippers for a few minutes once a month or so. Back when i had a lot of hair it was about 10.00 a cut plus tip at the local styling college.
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    $35 w/ tip
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    $70 plus tip for a cut, if I want color add another $150. I have tried different price ranges from $8-$50 Always a **** job! So if I ever want to look like a freak I just go for cheaper lol
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Shaved head so $0. I also resharpen my razors to make them last longer (old pants leg method if you want to look it up). Probably costs pennies a shave.

Same here. Thanks for the tip!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    $22 plus tip
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    26 bucks which includes a tip. Every 6 weeks, whether I need it or not. :glasses:
  • DannyBoy863
    DannyBoy863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    $0. It saves me a lot of money to shave it myself.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Zero, I've been cutting my own hair for about 18 years now
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    $200 for color high lights lo lights and style and tip-but I do have long hair so it takes almost 2 hours if not more
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    $50 with an 8 dollar tip for the person who washes my hair - But the guy Who cuts me is an old freind and for all the old music people in his life he charges his kids rate of $42 usually he charges $80.
    Prior to him doing it I was getting it cut by the same person for 25 years and she charged me the same at the end as the first time she cut it $30 (too bad she moved on)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    ZERO - LOL I went to Beauty school to learn how to cut hair so I can do my own - I never ever liked the way anyone did my hair, They always ruined it. If I ask for an inch off they would cut off 6 ! ask for a wavy perm , They give me real tiny curly frizz .
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    $65-$70 w/tip. :)
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I pay $120 for cut, highlight, toner & blow out. She's a good friend and charges me half price otherwise it would be upwards of $240 (insane) for hair my length. On a good day, she charges me $80-$90 :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mine are usually around $60. It's the dyeing that's expensive. My hair is long and I often end up paying like $200 for colour.

This ^ plus a bit. (comes to about $225 with tip). And my hair isn't long. But it looks pretty darn good when she's done!

I want to move to wherever you people are getting coloured for under $100. I don't think I could get that anywhere here! And I don't think that even one of those Supercuts-type places does women's cuts under $30 in my city.

I agree. There are a few of those quickie places here that still do women's cuts for around $14-20 but yeah...most of my friends with shoulder length or longer hair pay AT LEAST $100 even for a few highlights. And forget the high end salons...$70+ for a simple cut (women's).
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

last time I had colour I paid $100 with the cut - but it's a friends salon