Options

Replies

• StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    Last week I spent $30 on a wash, cut, and style. Including the tip :happy:
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    £22 - just a cut and blow dry. I should probably shop around to get a cheaper deal - though sometimes my gran cuts my hair for me! :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    £0. My husband and I cut each other's hair. I get compliments on my hair all the time, so apparently he does a good job!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    $35
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I spend about $50. But I try to tip pretty well. The girl I go to is a friend of mine and is dating another friend of mine and right now he lives in Texas (*he's military) and she lives here in Maryland so I figure it probably helps out with them visiting each other to have a little extra cash.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    $20 plus a tip, usually $5. I always tip, he's a great barber and does an exceptional job, plus I usually wait too long between haircuts so that can mean a lot more hacking on his part.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    $20 including tip. But it's just trimming the split ends off. I do my own color.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Both cut and colour on hair of my length always seems to put me pretty close to, if not a bit over, $200. I usually end up paying around $220 after tip.
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I havent had a haircut since November of 2012...

Thinking I need one soon, now that my length has finally come back! (bad cut.. urgh!)

But I bet I pay less than $40/year lol

I cut my kids hair.. I'm cheap :)
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    $35 for a cut - with or without layers (including wash, blowdry and style...and tip)...$40 if I get my brows waxed too.

$70 for highlights (cap or foil) or a perm ($10 more for a spiral perm) - including wash, cut, blowdry, style and tip...$75 with brow waxing.

I'm having a mini "mid-life crisis", so next time I go in, I want her to put a hot pink streak in my hair (on the underside, so it can't really be seen at work unless I put it up)....not sure how much that will be, but I can't imagine it will be more than $50. :bigsmile:

Could I spend less than $20? sure...if I want to go to one of the hack-job places at the mall (supercuts, etc). BTDT, never again. :grumble:

Could I spend $100+? Sure...If I went to an overcharging, price gouging spa (you go to spas for massages, mani/pedis and body treatments, not hair). :flowerforyou:

So I stick with my long-time, reasonably priced stylist who does an EXCELLENT job. :smile: It IS a 30-40 minute drive, as she is in my hometown, but the bonus is that I usually also stop to visit with my grandma and get lunch or dinner at my mom's. :tongue:
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    $65 plus tip, and it's worth every penny!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Zero Dollars.

I have cut my own hair for the past 3 years. Even pixie style. And I always get tons of compliments.
  • CassiHutchings
    CassiHutchings Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to spend $120 for color and cut. I went to a new girl and did $65.

Now, I dye and cut my own hair, and i get compliments all the time ;)
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    $9.00 + tip
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    $16.00 including the tip. Haircut, eyebrows trimmed, neck trimmed and ear hair. It takes me no longer than 10mins to be seated, get my haircut, pay and walk out the door.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    $50 plus tip. Worth every single penny and one of the only splurges in my regular life.

I have had inexpensive haircuts. I've had crazy expensive haircuts. I've had bad haircuts. I've gone through periods where I cut my own hair.

And then I found Becky, who is a master stylist, and in this case, that title isn't just a bunch of hooey. I have super fine hair (think hair like a five year old) and she is the only person on this planet who can cut it and make it look like a million bucks.

If I ever become filthy rich, after doing a bunch of good things for family and friends and humanity, I'm taking her off the market and she can be my personal stylist! :)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be the only person here who doesn't think you should tip a hair dresser.

Unless they are the salon owner, you should ALWAYS tip your hairdresser. Unless they do a horrible job, and at which point you should say something. But if you like your cut? TIP!!

Why? They already make more than I think should be paid for what they do.

you realise what hairdressers make varies quite considerably. the ones working supercuts etc are probably not earning much over minimum wages (the company probably takes if not the whole fee most of it and pay an hourly - tips are what make it livable
    As for the bigger earners a lot of that is down to talent and marketing - I know stylists who do a lot of work with the fashion industry and they make a ton (at their salons they probably charge 150-200 a cut and also collect chair rental fees from the other stylists - and can because they built a name and a reputation
    As I mentioned I don't tip my stylist specifically ($42 is the kids price he charges me as a friend - but i always round up to $50 and whoever washes my hair gets the $8 - a lot of the time it's a student working for free because that is how the industry is)
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    $10 for bangs and trim and only twice a year.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options

Don't think guys can get banged for $10 even in downtown Detroit
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Don't think guys can get banged for $10 even in downtown Detroit

h50999C17