how much do you spend on a haircut?

Options

Replies

• BlakeKellyD
    BlakeKellyD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    $0. Thanks to youtube I learned how to do my own a little over a year ago. :)
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    $10 for bangs and trim and only twice a year.

Don't think guys can get banged for $10 even in downtown Detroit

h50999C17

:grumble:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Zero Dollars.

I have cut my own hair for the past 3 years. Even pixie style. And I always get tons of compliments.

Same here. I've done mine on/off for over a decade and honestly...at one point decided to go to a better salon since I got a more professional job...after the crappy cut they gave me, I went back to work and no one said anything and I fixed it at home that weekend and on Monday morning everyone was like, "OMG I love your new cut" hehe
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I have never seen this before. But when I looked it up I saw a video of someone who took before/after photos under a microscope and it really appears to work!

Thanks for the tip!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    $0. I cut my own hair. Glad to see I'm not the only one! I have help though. I have a CreaClip. If I remember correctly, it cost me $40. It paid for itself within one trim (my old hair dresser charged $60 for a full cut, $40 for a trim). I don't do anything complicated with my hair, so it's perfect. Love that thing!

Edit: Oh, and I don't dye my hair and do all my eyebrow stuff at home. So I haven't been to a salon in over 2 years. I haven't ever thought about how much money I've saved, but I should do the math sometime!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    $60 for shampoo and cut, and I usually tip $20 because my hair dresser is awesome. I will never color my hair, so I have no idea about any of that. I'm hoping I have my grandma's genes. She is 82 and doesn't have a single gray hair.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    $40

$40 for a man, I hope you get a reach around when they're done.

Now THAT would be ideal.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    $45, plus tip for the stylist and a tip for the assistant. I go every 8-12 weeks. I dye my own hair unless someone else is paying for it (gift certificate for my birthday, etc.).
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I paid $60 for a pair of clippers back in 1996 and they still work, so basically nothing!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Haircuts are like tattoos. You get what you pay for.

I used to take my son to Great Clips for a $10 haircut and every time I left, I said I would never take him back to the beauty school drop outs. I take him to a proper barbershop now, pay a bit more and it's always perfect.

Same goes for myself. Once I stopped cheaping out, realized how great my hair could be.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Once I stopped cheaping out, realized how great my hair could be.

So much this. A proper haircut matters more than you think.
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    o, bald
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    $200 + tip... cut, color
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    $200 but it's NYC
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    $120 -- but that includes color, low and hi-lights every 6 weeks.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    $0

either I cut my own hair or my moms best friend who is a stylist cuts my hair for freeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Last time was in oct around 30 euro
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nothing, for me, obviously, but....about every 4 weeks a hairdresser comes to the house and does my wife and youngest daughter. She's usually there from about 4pm until 11pm. What the heck takes so long? And why are they showing each other pics for the next time? Discussing it so long?

I'm afraid to ask what it's costing.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much I pay for a cut by itself, but I just paid $145 for full highlight, cut and style.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    12 bucks! boom!