what's your weekday go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Nutella Oatmeal pre workout (I have this after my coffee and make it in my used coffee mug. Saves on dirty dishes and the little bit of coffee helps bring out the chocolate flavor):
    1/4 cup Quick Oats
    1/2 cup Almond Milk
    1/2 tbsp Nutella

And a kale and fruit protein smoothie post workout and shower (portion out the berries, banana, and kale into individual freezer bags at the beginning on the week, that way I can just throw it in the blender with the milk and powder. Anything that makes mornings faster is a plus to me!):
    1/4 cup Frozen Berries
    1/4 Frozen Banana
    1 cup Kale
    1 cup Almond Milk
    1 scoop Vanilla Whey Powder
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    Bacon/Chicken/Ham/steak and white cheddar cheese omelette with buttered toast and orange juice
  • HarleyQuinn26
    HarleyQuinn26 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have 2 egg whites and 2 or 3 slices of bacon.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    2 slices of sprouted grain wheat toast with 1/2 avocado spread on them topped with 2 sunny side eggs, a cup of coffee and 1/2 a grapefruit. OR blueberry baked protein oatmeal.
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Staples I like:

1. 1/2 cup oatmeal made with 1/2 cup soy milk, flaxseed, cloves, and 1/2 scoop of protein powder, with a carb master yogurt on the side.

2. 2 slices of low-cal whole wheat toast with 2 eggs or turkey breakfast sausage

3. Plain greek yogurt with muesli/granola and fresh fruit.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and a bowl of oatmeal. :happy:
  • Jess_Forever_After
    Jess_Forever_After Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A 32 ounce bottle of Green Smoothie made in my Vitamix the night before. You can't get much easier than that!
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas!

I lately have been having cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, and avocados mixed together with lots of cracked pepper.

Or porridge. :)
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    I eat a LOT at breakfast. I usually combine two of the following:

a) 40 g oatmeal cooked in 1/2 c almond milk + 1/2 c water with either half a banana and berries, or a half cup of canned pumpkin + pumpkin pie spice (or if i'm feeling sinful, a serving of dark chocolate chips, a tbsp of cocoa powder and splenda - HIGHLY recommended)

b) 1/2 or 1 c skim greek yogurt with splenda and maybe berries and/or banana

c) 1/2 or 1 c 1% cottage cheese

d) 1 english muffin or 1 slice sprouted grain bread toasted topped with 2 eggs scrambled, a bit of guacamole, a bit of shredded cheddar

e) a whole fruit (apple, orange, banana) or a bowl of berries

But if I do the english muffin I don't do the oatmeal and vice versa.
  • jables85
    jables85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Open Face Poached Egg Sandwich

1 Slice Dave's Killer Bread Thin Slice (only 70 calories with 4g Protein, 4g Fiber and so tasty!)
    1-2 Poached Eggs (only takes 4 minutes in simmering water, easy clean-up!)
    1 Roma Tomato sliced

1/2 Grapefruit
    Black Coffee

I once asked a 92 year old woman what habits she attributed her long healthy life to. She said "for the last 62 years I drink a tall glass of water first thing in the morning every day." I don't know why that stuck with me, but I drink a tall glass of water first thing in the morning before coffee or anything and think of her. Its a great way to start the day!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Usually a smoothie (I have over a dozen different variations so I don't always have the same one), cottage cheese with fresh blueberries, or if I'm not really hungry, a protein shake with maca root powder.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Sub! I'm in a breakfast ditch
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    EVERY morning (yes I know I'm flexible lol) >>> 1/2 cup oats cooked with water

With a mixture of any of the following toppings or accompaniments :
    - Almonds
    - cocoa powder
    - honey
    - stevia
    - ground cinnamon
    - ground ginger
    - a piece of fruit (usually pear, banana or clementine)
    - 1/2 cup semi skimmed milk (to drink)

Actually I pretty much had all of those this morning except the cocoa powder XD
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, I have several kinds I make. Basics I use are banana, soy milk, frozen fruit, ground flax seed, cinnamon and whey powder.
  • embachner
    embachner Posts: 14
    Options
    Easy no measuring breakfast:

handfull or so of oats (around a 1/4-1/2 cup oats, but who measures these things?)
    bout 10 or so raisins
    bout 1/2-2/3 cup of Almond Breeze Vanilla low sugar almond milk!

Zap it for 3 minutes ( i usually pack my lunch during this 3 minutes) and boom!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Right now it's 6 oz chicken breast, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 cup spinach, 2 to 3 eggs and some crushed dried chill. As well as a coffee or tea because I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with me before I've had caffine....
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs or oatmeal
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Either biscuit with sausage gravy, hashbrowns with sausage gravy, or bacon with scrambled eggs and salsa.
  • OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Liquid Chickens or OO's
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One slice whole wheat toast topped with 2 wedges of laughing cow light cheese, and 1/4 cup egg whites poached in the microwave with salt and pepper, fruit on the side.

The toast, cheese and egg combo is surprisingly delicious, and satiating at approx 190 cals. Add your fruit of choice and it is still quite resonable in the calorie department.