• Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    $40, and $150 if color.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    $0.

Wahl clippers w/ no guard or a razor (which is more of a PITA than you'd think it would be).
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    15 + 5 tip.

My hair pretty simple to cut.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    $15 thats a wash, cut, and style. This is going to sound mean..but its not meant to. I work in a lower income part of town with children and well I found her through my coworkers. She is awesome and I think she just doesnt know her talent-she could be working elsewhere and makeing alot more! My hair is to my butt too-so its alot to cut.
  • Happy_Austinite
    Options
    $0.00 I cut my own. And my husband's. And with a highlighting kit I highlight my hair for only $4 a session. Saves me a lot of money and I get exactly what I want.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be the only person here who doesn't think you should tip a hair dresser.

Unless they are the salon owner, you should ALWAYS tip your hairdresser. Unless they do a horrible job, and at which point you should say something. But if you like your cut? TIP!!

Why? They already make more than I think should be paid for what they do.

Then go to another salon. Don't insult your hairdresser.

I think it's an insult to me that they expect a tip, which trust me, they sure do.
    They are doing a job that they are paid to do. The only time someone, anyone, should get a tip is if they do something above and beyond their job, which chopping off dead hair isn't.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ~$18 w/ a $7 tip.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be the only person here who doesn't think you should tip a hair dresser.

Unless they are the salon owner, you should ALWAYS tip your hairdresser. Unless they do a horrible job, and at which point you should say something. But if you like your cut? TIP!!

I think it's an insult to me that they expect a tip, which trust me, they sure do.
    They are doing a job that they are paid to do. The only time someone, anyone, should get a tip is if they do something above and beyond their job, which chopping off dead hair isn't.

Wow.

They're doing a service for you. When people do a service for you, and you appreciate the job they've done, you tip them. It's like that when people pump your gas, or bring your luggage to your room in a hotel, or bring you food, or mow your lawn. You pay them the base price for "doing the job." You tip them if you think they did a great job.

Basically what I'm saying is, there's a reason that you're the only one who thinks they don't need a tip. And the problem is not with everybody else. I think you need to reassess how you view people in service positions. If they do a barely adequate job, don't tip them, of course. But if you're pleased with the service you receive, the way to express that is with a tip.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    $40 with tip. Kinda expensive since I get my haircut every three weeks
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    I pay $80 total - 65 for the haircut and 15 dollars for the tip.

And, good grief! Tip your hairstylist!!! Mine is also the co-owner of the salon and I tip her.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    $70 for a cut. My salon doesn't allow tipping, but it's an Aveda salon.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    None. My mom volunteers to cut it every once in a while.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    $15 with tip. Soon to be nothing as I will be shaving my own head.....aging sucks
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Wow.

They're doing a service for you. When people do a service for you, and you appreciate the job they've done, you tip them. It's like that when people pump your gas, or bring your luggage to your room in a hotel, or bring you food, or mow your lawn. You pay them the base price for "doing the job." You tip them if you think they did a great job.

Basically what I'm saying is, there's a reason that you're the only one who thinks they don't need a tip. And the problem is not with everybody else. I think you need to reassess how you view people in service positions. If they do a barely adequate job, don't tip them, of course. But if you're pleased with the service you receive, the way to express that is with a tip.

No. When someone does a service for you, you pay them for the service, and I do, whether I liked it or not.
    I've been in service positions and I never accepted tips because I felt it was wrong. I was already getting paid to do what I did, getting tipped on top of that for no reason at all felt like I was robbing the customers.
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I cut my own hair too
  • paperalien
    paperalien Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I live in New Zealand and I find the tipping thing absurd!
    Why would you tip somebody for doing their job, the "tip" should just be in their wages instead of getting paid a pittance and relying on generosity.

I pay $60 for a hair cut every 6 months. so $50USD

My hair doesn't grow that fast.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    $20 + $5 tip.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    $15
    $5 tip
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    $20-$25 for a wash, cut, and style. I color at home.