how much do you spend on a haircut?

Options

Replies

• HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be the only person here who doesn't think you should tip a hair dresser.

Unless they are the salon owner, you should ALWAYS tip your hairdresser. Unless they do a horrible job, and at which point you should say something. But if you like your cut? TIP!!

Why? They already make more than I think should be paid for what they do.

Then go to another salon. Don't insult your hairdresser.

I think it's an insult to me that they expect a tip, which trust me, they sure do.
    They are doing a job that they are paid to do. The only time someone, anyone, should get a tip is if they do something above and beyond their job, which chopping off dead hair isn't.

How much do you think they should get paid??
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    $13.99 + 3-5 tip
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this...if I had my hair cut for $50 every 2 months that is $600 in a year. That is about what I pay in car insurance for two vehicles for a YEAR. It is more than one month of rent. It is 4 months of electric bills. Or 3 months of groceries.

No wonder I am such a cheapskate LOL gotta overthink everything
  • blainepoe
    blainepoe Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    After looking through this thread I am definitely going to stop hassling my wife about the cost of her color and style.

$17 plus tip for me.
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I spend approximately 1 hour of my time cutting my own hair. Some times a little longer if I need to do some layering.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    I go to one of those places that says "We Fix $10 Haircuts" and they charge me @20 .. lol..
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    $0...

unless you count the razor blades I use to shave my head...
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    $10-18...depends on if I'm getting lined up or a full cut.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just get out the clippers and give myself a burr once in a while for nothing.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I pay about AUD$150 every 6 weeks or so for a wash, multi colour foils, style cut, blow-dry and straighten which is the cheapest I can find that is half decent. I once went to a city salon where one stylist coloured my hair, another one washed/conditioned it and a third one did the cut and blow-dry. Cost a bomb but I did get a free glass of wine :)

Thankfully we don't tip here in Australia - service people get paid a wage they can live on for the most part although if I get good service in a restaurant or cafe I will chuck my change in the tip jar. I used to do drinks service in an RSL club and we had a trick where you give the punters their change on the tray with their drink and they are too lazy to scoop up the change. Score!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You think I'd pay to look like this!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    About $45-$65 depending on whether I just get a cut or more than just a cut. I tip very well on top of that because the hairstylist is someone I've known for many years.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    $30 plus tip $40.
    $95 for cut and 1 highlight and 1 lowlight. Add tip $110.
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Fo FWEEEEEE! I just do my own with a set of clippers lol
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use to spend $40 but I bought a product called "creaclip" and now I basically cut my own hair for free lol xxxxxxxxx
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    £38
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    everyone who said they did their own cut for free did not take into account the opportunity cost of that haircut - the missed earnings due to being overlooked for promotion or being rejected by a trust fund baby girl/guy.....no free haircut in this world, my mama told me.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this...if I had my hair cut for $50 every 2 months that is $600 in a year. That is about what I pay in car insurance for two vehicles for a YEAR. It is more than one month of rent. It is 4 months of electric bills. Or 3 months of groceries.

No wonder I am such a cheapskate LOL gotta overthink everything
    LOL you don't live in the same city i do
    1 car good driving record no accidents driving for 35 years give or take - 1500 a year (and I'm low according to all my friends)
    Rent here I have friends living in small one bedroom basement apartments paying $700, but the average 1 bedroom rent if $1500
    Electric and food also more expensive
    so it's all relative but the people cutting have to rent a storefront - in my neighbourhood a samllish storefront suitable for a salon would run from 6-10000 per month - that's a lot of $15 haircuts before you would see any money yourself
  • mnxl
    mnxl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    nothing, i can butcher it just as good as the people i have to pay, i just shave it off. been 8 years more than paid for my clippers.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    35euro(about 50dollars)