protein problems!!!!

Options

Replies

• INSANITYsh
    INSANITYsh Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Whats the difference between a protein bar and a protein shake? Why is one acceptable to your parents and the other one not?

I'm still not clear why your protein goal is 108 - I do not believe that MFP set that as your target, so you must have used custom settings. If you are aiming for 1g per pound of lean body mass, I also do not believe that your lbm is as much as that.

So I think you've overset your protein target. And stressing out over whether a particular bar is good or not is missing the bigger picture.

If your parents are doing most of the cooking for you, and can see every single thing you eat and drink each day, then you need them onside to help you achive your goals.

are you thinking that MFP gives me too much proteins ??
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I gave you ideas for snacks in my previous post. Protein bars almost always have added sugar to make them taste good. I would suggest getting your snacks from natural foods. Peanut butter on a spoon, a couple handfuls of almonds...

Can i eat this protein bar for breckfast since it has got more carbs than proteins ??=)

there is my problem :

i cant drink too much milk because it makes me acne and my parents dont want me to buy and drink powder drink . how can i reach my daily proteins ?? =(

i cant eat meat and eggs all the time :(

you can eat whatever you want whenever you want. It doesn't matter if you have a protein bar for breakfast- but there is no question protein powder trumps a protein bar.

That being said- eggs and chicken and greek yogurt.

and also- you're 18. Man up and buy it yourself- or explain to your parents whey powder is pretty much dehydrated milk. Seriously.

And why can't you eat meat and eggs all the time? I do- it's delicious. I love it.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    I gave you ideas for snacks in my previous post. Protein bars almost always have added sugar to make them taste good. I would suggest getting your snacks from natural foods. Peanut butter on a spoon, a couple handfuls of almonds...

Can i eat this protein bar for breckfast since it has got more carbs than proteins ??=)

there is my problem :

i cant drink too much milk because it makes me acne and my parents dont want me to buy and drink powder drink . how can i reach my daily proteins ?? =(

i cant eat meat and eggs all the time :(

you can eat whatever you want whenever you want. It doesn't matter if you have a protein bar for breakfast- but there is no question protein powder trumps a protein bar.

That being said- eggs and chicken and greek yogurt.

and also- you're 18. Man up and buy it yourself- or explain to your parents whey powder is pretty much dehydrated milk. Seriously.

And why can't you eat meat and eggs all the time? I do- it's delicious. I love it.

i have money to buy whey powder myself but they dont want me to begin drinking whey powder because they think that they are unhealthy for me .

i cant stand eggs in the morning and i cant drink milk because it can make me acne
  • JoRocka
    Options
    so educate them

protein powder can come in very simple forms.

I feel sorry that your parents aren't willing to listen to some education- and that you are too hung up on "my parents won't let me"

all of that concerns me more than anything else in this thread.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    so educate them

I feel sorry that your parents aren't willing to listen to some education- and that you are too hung up on "my parents won't let me"

They think that whey powder are Mike steroids and they dont listen to me :(
    And now im worried to waste my time because i worried that if i dont take the right grams of proteins i will not sede results :(
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    If you can't get more meat and eggs etc, because your parents are preparing your food(?) just drink all the milk :) (my teenagers do :/)
  • keithemp
    keithemp Posts: 71
    Options
    If you can't get more meat and eggs etc, because your parents are preparing your food(?) just drink all the milk :) (my teenagers do :/)

OP has stated at least three times that they can't drink milk because it affects her acne.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You are 118 pounds.

You've said your goal is "to tone", though that doesnt actually mean much.

You're doing insanity so I'm guessing you're looking to change your shape...?

You're not counting calories and not completing your diary so I'm not sure how you're monitoring how many grams of protein you're consuming - there's poriten in all sorts of foods, not just artificial shakes and bars.

As some others have said - there's more going on here than a simple question about protein.
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    Forget the powders, buy yourself RTD's (Ready To Drink) cans of protein. ABB Pure Protein shakes are amazing in taste for every flavor and have 50g of protein for only 240 calories, 2 carbs, and 4g of sugar. I eat chicken and eggs + one or two cans of ABB Pure protein.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    so educate them

And now im worried to waste my time because i worried that if i dont take the right grams of proteins i will not sede results :(

1.) Is English your first language?
    2.) Do you have internet at home?
    3.) You need to have a come to jesus talk with your parents as to what steroids actually are and what whey is

I seriously don't get how this can be that big of an issue if you do your research- something else is NOT adding up.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    You are 118 pounds.

You've said your goal is "to tone", though that doesnt actually mean much.

You're doing insanity so I'm guessing you're looking to change your shape...?

You're not counting calories and not completing your diary so I'm not sure how you're monitoring how many grams of protein you're consuming - there's poriten in all sorts of foods, not just artificial shakes and bars.

As some others have said - there's more going on here than a simple question about protein.

I 'm 116 pounds :)
    yes i want to change my shape and i'm counting calories but not with MFP :) but i cant go over to 1900 calories :(
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    you can make a protein shake using stuff like
    milk, youghurt
    chia, dates
    peanut butter
    cottage cheese

(i add banana and strawberrys for taste)

Have a savoury breakfast - eggs, with avacoad and tomato or something like porridge, youghurt and nuts
    snack - cold meat, tuna beans
    lunch chicken/ meat/ vege protein and salad
    snack hummus and oat crackers , or smoked salmon/ham with cream cheese
    dinner stirfry with salmon fillet ( or other protein source)

+ 1 homemade protein milkshake

and you'll get close
  • JoRocka
    Options
    you can make a protein shake using stuff like
    milk, youghurt
    chia, dates
    peanut butter
    cottage cheese

(i add banana and strawberrys for taste)

Have a savoury breakfast - eggs, with avacoad and tomato or something like porridge, youghurt and nuts
    snack - cold meat, tuna beans
    lunch chicken/ meat/ vege protein and salad
    snack hummus and oat crackers , or smoked salmon/ham with cream cheese
    dinner stirfry with salmon fillet ( or other protein source)

+ 1 homemade protein milkshake

and you'll get close

has milk intolerance issues.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    so educate them

1.) Is English your first language?
    2.) Do you have internet at home?
    3.) You need to have a come to jesus talk with your parents as to what steroids actually are and what whey is

I seriously don't get how this can be that big of an issue if you do your research- something else is NOT adding up.

1. No xD i'm from italy :) maybe i have done mistakes :P
    2. Yes i have internet at home
  • JoRocka
    Options

no it's fine- I just wanted to make sure it was an english issue not an ingorant/lazy issue. If it's not your first language- it's more understandable! You're fine- just wanted to know.

use the internetz... google and educate them- print some articles and just ask them to read it.

I'm sad you cant' have an open conversation with your parents to discuss this- that really makes me sad for you and to me is a way bigger issue.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

no it's fine- I just wanted to make sure it was an english issue not an ingorant/lazy issue. If it's not your first language- it's more understandable! You're fine- just wanted to know.

use the internetz... google and educate them- print some articles and just ask them to read it.

I'm sad you cant' have an open conversation with your parents to discuss this- that really makes me sad for you and to me is a way bigger issue.

If they let me to buy whey protein my problems would not exist but now i have a huge problem :)
    For dinner i will eat mozzarella ( 17g of proteins ) and 3 egg ( 18g of proteins ) that are 35 g of proteins :)
    but i have eaten only 70 g of proteins this day :(
  • JoRocka
    Options
    If they let me to buy whey protein my problems would not exist but now i have a huge problem :)
    For dinner i will eat mozzarella ( 17g of proteins ) and 3 egg ( 18g of proteins ) that are 35 g of proteins :)

70 is not bad- could be higher- but it's way better than like 40.

eggs are good- left overs are good. tuna is great source as well.
    I would keep talking to them and trying to educate them. It's not a huge problem- it's just a communication issue. It can be improved.
  • mdoyle28
    mdoyle28 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest struggle....mfp by days end and accounting fitbit calories etc requires 130 or more grams 90% of the time...I struggle hitting this number while also hitting my calorie goal given...normally i end the day with only 40-60 grams protein and I know its not enough, it is driving me crazy...I do seafood, eggs, chicken, yogurt, cottage cheese etc but come close to protein maybe once a month other times it is less than half....definitely interested in this post as I am considering protein powders strongly...
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

70 is not bad- could be higher- but it's way better than like 40.

eggs are good- left overs are good. tuna is great source as well.
    I would keep talking to them and trying to educate them. It's not a huge problem- it's just a communication issue. It can be improved.

have you seen the protein bar in my first post ??
    they contains 16 g of proteins but 18 g of carbs too :) i know there are sugars but it's my only way to increase my proteins ;)
    i will try to eat cheese sandweches for school snack :)
    if i drank milk today, i would reach 80 g of proteins but i'm worried about acne :(
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    Does anyone have got any other ideas ??=)