• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    pale is sooooooooooooo beautiful

im danish and super pale wooo
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm the same way. My mother is Hispanic and my father is German and English and I ended up being pale. Like you, I have to burn severely first, and after it heals it just stays dark, ridiculously long too! However, I'm not too into burning my entire body at once to have an even tan (ouch!) so pale it is for me.

I'm similar. My mom is half Puerto Rican and my father is French-Canadian and English/Irish/Scottish. I ended up being wicked pale, and my skin is translucent. When I go into the sun, I freckle and burn. I don't mind the freckles, but I generally stay out of the sun. Or I just halt whatever I'm doing and reapply sunscreen every 40 minutes or so. I'm a blast at festivals.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Being so pale used to make me insanely self concious. Then I got over it. :smile:
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Usually if anyone makes a comment to me I just respond with, "WHAT... This IS my summer tan." :laugh:
  • FemmeFatale83
    Options
    I'm glad a lot of other girls out there tan so much. It makes us stand out from the crowd more. Pale skin is gorgeous!!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I would just like to throw this out there - I get a lot of hate for being pale. A /lot/ of people say "Oh, you look so pretty, but a tan would make you look amazing." No, it won't. I'm from Scottish and Norwegian blood, with red hair, and I like being pale. Stop telling me to tan. I wouldn't tell someone from Hispanic or African, or even 'darker' places in Europe like Italy and Greece, to bleach their skin to get paler, so why tell me to tan? I, personally, find pale skin beautiful on /me/. That doesn't mean I'm racist. It doesn't mean I don't find tanner skin ugly. I just don't think it looks the best on me.

So please, those of you who make fun of people who are paler than normal, don't tell us we look 'unhealthy' or that we should 'get some sun' or, even in some cases, that we're 'ugly'. Just because it isn't the standard of beauty in most places in the Americas and Europe, doesn't mean that we are any less attractive than you are.

Anyway, where do people of MFP fall on the spectrum? Do you think being pale truly is bad, or just different?

Point out to them that you'll probably roast before you tan lol. My gf spent time in hawaii and she looked like a giant freckle when she got back. I've always been ghostly white, it's the welsh since folks with Celtic blood generally are pale, so i always get comments about needing more sun. There's a lot of hatred for gingers and pale folks in the world because we don't fit the "tanned and popular' side of things. I don't mind being pale, i won't have skin cancer in 30 years from tanning so let's hear it for us pale folks.