Any 5'4 135-140 pound females trying to lose 10-12 pounds?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this thread seems to be dead but I figured I'd reply and see if anyone else would join in.
    I'm 5'4 and 140 pounds. I' dropped from 195 Ib to 140 lb in the past two years but then stuck at this weight (140-145 lb) for almost 8 months now and I'm really frustrated. I have added exercise to my daily routine (40-50 minutes per day, everyday, doing gazelle slide), been at it for about a month now and haven't dropped a single pound..
    Anyone has any successful story to share?

I posted in this thread a year and a half ago. I was 139 lbs then. I'm 125 now and I've been in maintenance for well over a year.

Are you using a food scale? That ended up being the thing that got me to where I wanted to go.
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this thread seems to be dead but I figured I'd reply and see if anyone else would join in.
    I'm 5'4 and 140 pounds. I' dropped from 195 Ib to 140 lb in the past two years but then stuck at this weight (140-145 lb) for almost 8 months now and I'm really frustrated. I have added exercise to my daily routine (40-50 minutes per day, everyday, doing gazelle slide), been at it for about a month now and haven't dropped a single pound..

I posted in this thread a year and a half ago. I was 139 lbs then. I'm 125 now and I've been in maintenance for well over a year.

Are you using a food scale? That ended up being the thing that got me to where I wanted to go.

Can I ask your age and how many calories you netted each day? I'm 5'4 and 141 right now. Last time I got stuck at 138 and couldn't get below. I've since had a baby and am back trying to get down to 130-135. I do use a food scale.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Can I ask your age and how many calories you netted each day? I'm 5'4 and 141 right now. Last time I got stuck at 138 and couldn't get below. I've since had a baby and am back trying to get down to 130-135. I do use a food scale.

I'm 29. I netted around 1420. But I wasn't doing much exercise then.
  • viviyueyue
    Options

Thanks for sharing your successful story! I JUST started using my food scale! Glad to know I'm on the right track. And I also started to eat healthier instead of just counting calories. Have been working out daily for about a month and a half now.. hopefully I can start seeing results soon.
  • AmyGB3469
    Options
    HI there! Just started again. I had lost 60# with MFP, was down to 112, too thin. Got back up to 120, then more weight crept back on. So, now I'm at 132 and want to be at about 118-122, I'm about 5'4 1/2. So, I'm thinking it's going to be a bit harder this time around!
  • viviyueyue
    Options
    HI there! Just started again. I had lost 60# with MFP, was down to 112, too thin. Got back up to 120, then more weight crept back on. So, now I'm at 132 and want to be at about 118-122, I'm about 5'4 1/2. So, I'm thinking it's going to be a bit harder this time around!

Wow, do you mind sharing your methods of how you managed to go down to 112?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    this thread was STARTED IN 2011!

in all likelyhood the OP has now lost the weight and is deliriously happy with how great they look :-D
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Bookmarking this thread forever.
  • ChelC2587
    ChelC2587 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 5'4 1/2 and around 138. My goal is also 125. I was about 129 two-ish years ago and I felt happier at that weight. I really wanted to hit that 125! The lowest I got was 128, but life happened and stress threw on about 10lbs. Something that works for me is to really stay diligent on the weekends. It's the hardest thing to do, but I found that it makes such a difference.

I also just got a food scale and found that my "1200" was closer to 1600, which is actually better. But at least I know what I'm working with. I've probably been overestimating exercise calories and underestimating food calories for the past year or so, which explains why this has gotten so slow. I also found that I got a little bit less strict as I got closer to the goal, which I know can mirror a plateau.

I just got a heart rate monitor for additional accuracy. These tools are motivating. I'm trying to up my protein, and until April 19, I won't be eating any desserts or excess sugar.

If anyone wants motivation or just a similar size friend, feel free to add me!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This threaad caught my eye; I'm 5'4 and currently 130 and trying to bust through that number is AWFUL lol. I have a food scale, weigh my food, etc. The only thing I can think of that I'm not doing correctly at this point is eating enough...I try to eat about 1600 a day and i'm just finishing up insanity. I started at 139. At this point my body is like K THANKS IM GOOD BYE. ughhhh. Been stuck for the last month. Weight will NOT come off.
  • michellespark
    michellespark Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am the same 5'4" and about 134....My ultimate goal is 120....I have a very small body frame,,,most of my weight is in my stomach and hips,,,I have lost 50 lbs total but didn't start on here til I was 149,,,my weight loss has been very slow and I don't know what to do to get the rest of it off either. I have a lot of pain issues,,Fibromyalgia, Sjogren's syndrome (similar to Lupus) arthritis in my back, an annular tear in a disk and two degenerated disks in my back,,Some days I have no energy and just can't do a lot...I need serious toning on my inner thighs and stomach and upper arms,,I don't know what to do to my inner thighs,,I know what to do for everything else. Anyone have any ideas,,,,,but I am right there with you, trying to get these last 14 lbs off,,,making me crazy. I'm so afraid of going up in calories cause I don"t wanna gain anything back.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise calories if you aren't doing that already. If you are eating them back, then try not to, or only eat some of them back. Sometimes just changing things up to shock your body will get things moving in the right direction again.

AGREED!
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I started out at 5'4" with 23 pounds to lose. Weighing in at 163 pounds. Now I'm down to 143 and am gonna shoot for 130 from here!
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree with the strength training. You may not see the scale change but you WILL see your body change.
    ^^^ this. I worked with a trainer in strength training & omg, I noticed the changes in my body. I didn't loose weight(the scale stayed the same or flexed btwn 3-4#'s) but I noticed I lost a lot of inches. Now this was over a 3-4 month period so I am just saying for your furture. Your already slim so I am betting you'll get great results with the strength training.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5 and at 140ish right now. Havent weighed in a couple weeks.

my highest weight: 170 post baby
    my smallest weight: 125 after Weight Watchers
    current goal weight: 130

I eat about 1700 calories. Just upped it from 1400. I think it is working, but like I said I havent stepped on the scale yet. Been on my period so you know ;)

I am a pretty small framed girl as well ... no hips, no butt, decent boobs. I distribute my weight pretty evenly so I am just trying to tone up by lifting weights, light cardio, and upping my protein.

Feel free to add me! I could use some more friends that eat and are around my same size!
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and around 134lbs, this is the toughest bit for me to lose the last 7lbs or so :(
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", currently 141 and aiming for 130. Also want to get ready for cycling event in early June so it needs to be a fit 130. I know from experience I stall out around 135 so will try some of the things mentioned here to keep the progress going. Once the weather lets me bike more that will help too.

It's good to read that eating more calories (in the right proportion to activity) is working for others in my situation. I'm trying to do that because I understand the logic to it but my non-logical, in-a-hurry-to-lose emotional side still resists some days.
  • jenniferpriggs
    Options
    I'm 5' almost 5" and 136ish. I don't have anything insightful, just echoing the frustration already expressed by many of how hard it seems to be to get the scale to move in the desired direction.

I'm nervous about doing this the "right" way.... the only two times I've ever been successful at losing weight was when I was on a very unhealthy diet for months on end (extremely low calorie - once because I was younger and didn't know better, and once unintentionally due to a very stressful situation a few years ago). I've tried losing weight the proper way through exercise and a healthy diet several other times, and never really saw any changes. Just as a note - when I say "nervous", it only means I have fears of failing and that I'll be in the same place as before I started, and not that I would ever go back to doing it the "wrong" way.

Anyhow, the last time I did lose weight (albeit unhealthily) I lost around 25 pounds over a few months, and then another 5 in the month or two after that, which put me at 125. Once I was there and got my head back on straight, I started eating again and eating healhy foods, exercising (as a stress relief, not really to lose weight), and ended up staying there without a whole lot of effort or even thimkng about it for over 2 years. Fast forward to now....and in the last year I've put on 10+ pounds.

I guess I'm just discouraged that it took an unhealthy lifestyle to get me to 125, which I still have fond memories of (and a whole closet full of clothes to remind me of), and maybe it's unrealistic to think I can get there again through diet and exercise. Feel free to add me - especially if you're in the same range of current/goal weight. It would be nice to see how other people are succeeding by losing weight the right way.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 and my goal weight is about 110!
    Let's do this!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Bookmarking this thread forever.

Why what did I say?

*suspicious look*