Are you guys for or against childhood vaccines?

Options
Are you guys for or against childhood vaccines and why?

Replies

• HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

I'm in.

I can't wait for the crazy conspiracy people to show up!!!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I shall get the popcorn
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    In to see the BURNING hot flames.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sooo in!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am for childhood vaccines because the disease is often more of a risk to life than the vaccine is. I play the numbers game, if the risks are higher from the disease than the prevention, I go with prevention.

For example, my daughter and myself don't get flu shots, why we are often exposed to flu in others, but have not had it to date. My brother gets the flu every year, he should get a flu shot. My mom is over 80 she needs a flu shot.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    edit.
    these threads rarely end well
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    this thread will go well.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    In.

qzoav3c

For the record, I am very much in favour of them.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am for childhood vaccines because the disease is often more of a risk to life than the vaccine is. I play the numbers game, if the risks are higher from the disease than the prevention, I go with prevention.

For example, my daughter and myself don't get flu shots, why we are often exposed to flu in others, but have not had it to date. My brother gets the flu every year, he should get a flu shot. My mom is over 80 she needs a flu shot.

This^^
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Lol i love how everyone in this thread is just saying they are in, but no one even answered the question... well one person did...

On that note, i am against most vaccines... but depends on the kids health and where they are i suppsoe.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Calling all...
    Internet experts, people who knew a girl who got a vaccine once and..., people who parents are Doctors and know EVERYTHING about medicine, People who have the BEST Doctor in the world, Conspiracy theorist, Bro-science experts, Soccer moms, people who read, watched or heard a story on it... and anyone else who wants to ping pong this topic.. LETS GET IT ON!!! (Mills Lane Voice)

I'm for vaccines! Had them when I was a kid and I'm still alive and "look mom no polio!"
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    workout-cute-gif.gif?w=500
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Just waiting for this to turn up

Warning, contains naughty words, you know, because people get upset by stupid people causing innocent children to suffer and die.

http://imgur.com/wkcesPw
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Against. Why? Because they are bullcrap! They almost never do anything.
    And this is why me, (and my 23 year old brother) are terrified of the Doctor because EVERY SINGLE TIME WE GO, they give us a shot for no reason whatsoever. I don't care if I sound or act childish, I'm terrified of thin sharp needles that stick into my skin for no reason. It's stupid. They either love seeing me cry in pain, or give me a shot for what they say will help, but will really make me sick.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm for them. An ounce of (actual) prevention is better than a pound of usually non-existent cure.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    In for the vaccines and IN for the popcorn! And yes, I'm in favor of childhood vacs.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Against. Why? Because they are bullcrap! They almost never do anything.
    And this is why me, (and my 23 year old brother) are terrified of the Doctor because EVERY SINGLE TIME WE GO, they give us a shot for no reason whatsoever. I don't care if I sound or act childish, I'm terrified of thin sharp needles that stick into my skin for no reason. It's stupid. They either love seeing me cry in pain, or give me a shot for what they say will help, but will really make me sick.
    Really, they do nothing. Well, then it's a good thing that polio decided to mutate itself out of existence right around the time everyone started getting vaccinated.

All the science against vaccines is bogus, and there are very few reasons not to get them (obviously if you are allergic to vaccine components you should not get them). And after reading the history of the Spanish flu and the development of the first flu vaccine I've never missed a shot (unless there's a shortage and then I defer so that people more vulnerable can get them instead).