To Tell Or Not To Tell

Options
13»

Replies

• ScifiGirl1986
    ScifiGirl1986 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird but when I have lost before and they tell me how great I look then I almost feel defensive like they didn't accept me when I was bigger.

This is also part of my problem. I know that they don't accept me the way that I am because they have always said little things, cutting remarks about how my weight will keep me from getting a boyfriend or having friends because no one wants to be seen with someone that looks like me. When I was a teenager, my grandmother used to tell me that I would need to lose weight to get a bf because they want girls to sit on their laps without breaking their legs. I wasn't even that big back then--maybe 20 lbs overweight and I didn't look it (when looking at prom dresses with a friend she was shocked that i needed a 16 because she thought i looked thinner than that). There were also the times when she would pull out her wedding picture and point out that she was only 94 lbs when she got married. That stopped when I asked her why she was so old (for that time anyway) when she got married if the only reason I was single was because I was fat.