5ft 3.5 - 5ft 4 ladies - goal weight?

Options

Replies

• mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2, 32 y/o mom of 4, with a large frame.
    SW- 275 lbs
    CW- 200 lbs (I've been hovering over and under 200 for a few weeks, i think it's a mental thing, i'm smaller now than i was at 18y/o)
    GW- 150

I want to run a 5k in under 30 minutes. Currently it takes me 42 minutes. (I'm a smoker with a rare joint disease and stubborn as heck!) I'm 9 months into my journey and I figure it will take me at least another 9 months. Good luck to you!
  • adgirl1995
    adgirl1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want my goal to be 130. I like the way I look and feel which means I have 110 to lose
  • applepear349
    Options
    I'm barely off 5'4" (I just tell people I'm 5'4" :tongue: ) and my current weight is 135ish (not sure because my scale broke and i haven't weighed myself in a while). My first goal weight is in the 120-125 range, but my ultimate goal weight is 110-115 lbs (I have to be skinny because I'm a dancer...so what's abnormally skinny for some is average for me....) Plus I have a large frame and I'm pretty muscular and curvy. I do know some girls that are 5'4 and 70lbs but that's too thin. It's natural for them, but if you are trying to lose weight to get to that size it is unhealthy. It all depends on if you have a small, medium, or large frame and also how much muscle you have.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    at 5' 4" , 135 would be fine, however 140 is more realistic for me. Been at 135 before and had a hard time maintaining.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 3.5 in, and I started out at 145--about 15 pounds over the weight I maintained most of my adult life. Menopause has changed my body and I lost muscle tone as well as gained fat. My goal weight is 125, because i decided that I don't just want to get back to what I was before--I want to be better. Leaner, stronger and less total body fat!
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'4 :)
    CW: 170 (probably a little more but I'm terrified to weigh myself)
    GW: 135
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mine at 5'3" was 140lbs as that's the best weight health and looks-wise when I started gaining weight (I'd been under til then).

I'm currently 142 and discounting loose skin am thought to be about 132-137. Which means I need to focus more on building muscle now to get my fat % further down but my weight will ultimately go up and level at about where I'm at now (again, due to that skin), maybe a pound or three more.

My weight loss docs said that is right for my body, being at 140 (which on BMI charts puts me a decimal place over into "overweight" territory). For being short I've wide hips and shoulders and when at the level of fitness I prefer carry more muscle bulk than is "normal" for a female.

So, yeah, depending on the day and measure I range from 5'3" to 5'4" and my best weight average is 140lbs the docs say. One must keep body frame and muscle amounts in mind, not just numbers. Remember it!
  • thlaan
    thlaan Posts: 1
    Options
    5'3"

Starting Weight: 150 lbs.
    Current Weight: 140-142 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 120-125 lbs.
  • sarahcyr3
    sarahcyr3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'3

I weigh about 165lbs right now my ultimate goal weight in 120-125 but I want to be in the 40s this summer. Not looking to lose it quickly. The lowest I have ever seen the scale was 133 and I was buying size 9 pants. hoping that if I get to 120 - 125 I would be in a nice trim 6. I don't think I've been a woman's 6 since elementary school. It's a pretty crazy goal but I am 25 years old and ready to have a healthy adult life. I am done with all the growing up things that wreak havoc on a persons weight (college mainly) and I am ready to be in the best shape of my life.

+ I found out that running is fun! my how I have changed...
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    5'4
    prebaby weight 138
    lowest 129
    now 169
    goal 135
  • Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    5ft 4
    cw: 106
    goal; 102-100
  • dustygn
    dustygn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm about 5'3 and my goal weight is about 64kg (about 141 lb). Though with a bit of exercise I can afford to hover a bit higher (possibly around 66kg 145.5 lb) due to muscles taking up less room even though they are heavier. I don't tend to got that hard out with exercise, so it doesn't allow me too much leeway.
    It pays to have a goal dress size, instead of weight due to muscle and fluid influences. Especially as these are likely to have a bigger impact less you weigh. If you find you have self image issues, it may be good to find out what size friends or family with your ideal body weight wear. I personally am looking to comfortably fit a NZ size 10.
  • tentacool
    Options
    5'4"
    SW: 128
    CW: 114
    GW: 110
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" tall, and my goal weight is whatever I happen to weigh when I look a certain way in the mirror and feel/look/am healthy and fit.

I know, probably doesn't help much if it's not what you want to hear.

But it really is liberating to simply workout and fuel those workouts with good nutrition if your goals are something other than a number on the scale. In fact, since I've changed my thinking and decided to focus on things like running faster, endurance, power, strength, etc. I've gotten smaller and leaner even though "weight loss" wasn't even on the scope of goals. Not worrying about what I weigh any given day makes me happy.

I just feel it's more important to reach health and fitness goals, and whatever your weight happens to be when you are fit and healthy and lookin' good is what you should be. And it will be different for everyone. I know people leaner than I am who wear smaller clothes than me that weigh MORE than me. And vice versa, of course.
  • DanielleDarko7
    Options
    My goal weight is to be down 100lbs! Which would be the "healthy weight" I'm supposed to be at for my BMI. I just hope that it can happen with determination and perseverance! I want to weigh 135 pounds! Any less for my height would be very thin, especially since I'm very hourglass shaped.
  • elainek79
    elainek79 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and i weigh 127lbs my highest was 156 lbs And my lowest was summer 2013 and i was 118 lbs.

i looked terrible and felt so stressed now im the best ive ever looked and it was all down to regular heavy lifting and uping my protein

Ive always wanted a body that looks awesome in a bikini and doing cardio 6 days a week doesnt get you that!!!

it took a long time for me to realise that lifting heavy is the secret
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 115. I'm pretty small and in many shops I can't find clothes. 105 seems way too low and I wouldn't go for that - it's too thin.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am currently 195. My goal is 135 but I think that might be too much for me. I had lost weight a few years ago, I stopped at 145 - size 4. I looked good at that weight. I am worried if I am less than that, I might look sick.
  • denisejones123
    denisejones123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5ft3 my weight is 110-113
    Would like to gain and get more fit and tone tho...
    I don't see that I'm to thin at this weight but we all carry weight different!!
    My journey is to get tone anyone else ?? Add me :)
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and i weigh 127lbs my highest was 156 lbs And my lowest was summer 2013 and i was 118 lbs.

i looked terrible and felt so stressed now im the best ive ever looked and it was all down to regular heavy lifting and uping my protein

Ive always wanted a body that looks awesome in a bikini and doing cardio 6 days a week doesnt get you that!!!

it took a long time for me to realise that lifting heavy is the secret

Me too! Me too! I may have found my weight loss twin! Also 5' 4", SW: 135lbs. I was aiming for 115lbs, but since I'll be adding weightier muscle with my heavy lifting I have no idea what weight is 'right' for me. Now aiming for 20% body fat (am currently around 25%).