Sitting next to each other on a date = inappropriate?

Options
13»

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Siting on the same side of the table allows for superior tag-team people watching

This; friends and partners alike!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    This whole thread reminds me of this.

afc61f.jpg
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    prudes.

2013-01-15+19_33_27.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    What is this, Catholic school?
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    prudes.

2013-01-15+19_33_27.gif

:laugh: :love:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Lying underneath me.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    We usually sit side by side at restaurants so we can people watch together. I've never considered, nor cared what anyone thinks about this. It also makes it easier to whisper nasties in his ear and steal food off his plate.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    There'd be some elbow battles if I sat next to my wife at dinner. I'd win, but there would a battle nonetheless.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    not sure why it would be considered inappropriate unless there was some specific hand placements going on. I'd rather sit across so I can actually see who I'm talking to
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on where we are at. If there is a view and its only one way sure sit together.

I didn't even know there are "rules" for this. Who cares what others do if its harmless?
  • TrevNiel22
    TrevNiel22 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm more of the preference of across from. This way you can hold hands while looking at each other.

:drinker:
  • chrisvinci
    Options
    This is not something that I would I would suggest on a random date. I think it works for those more serious relationships.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Is no one else reminded of the scene from Fargo? Where Marge and Mike meet for lunch and he awkwardly sits next to her... and she's like NOPE. Hahahaha.

2lc0nzq.png

If it's a couple that is comfortable with it, that's great. But I've been on a few first dates where guys tried to sit that way and I have to admit it was weird.