Meal Plan - How much have you paid?

Options

Replies

• bmannen1
    bmannen1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    As for the OP I wondered if you'd be interested in a bag of magic beans?

There is always someone on here that wants to put someone down rather than offering help or encouragement.

agreed
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Okay well I appreciate that.... but that doesn't help me with what's already has happened?

I have already paid and already been supplied with a meal plan.. I know the internet is readily available, but I work 14 hr days, with 3 hrs of commuting, I don't have time to search a lot of meal plans and recipes up and find out what works and what doesn't. Maybe in the future but for now, that's just not a time viable option. I barely get time to meal prep.

Sorry, you didn't really assist me with answering my question.

I think the logic behind your criticism is faulty. Even if people tell you if they have paid or not and how much, that also does not change what happened. I think you were cheated and maybe need to tell the person and report her to your BBB or her professional organization.
    We are all busy people ( I commute 2 hours a day times two) with busy lives, but usually make the time for things that are important to us; be it having a manicure, watching TV or looking for meals on the internet. Looking for meals that you enjoy and that fit into your schedule is not an every day task . I am sorry you were taken this way, but if you really don't want to do an internet search, you will have to go on paying independently of what anyone else did or does.
    Good Luck !
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the helpful suggestions on sites to check out!!! Much appreciated
    Good luck. I would also suggest trying to get your money back. Worth a shot. And report what happened to whomever suggested this person to you.

I agree. Try to get your money back. Where I live there is a three day window where you can return the product and cancel any transaction. Maybe since it's a "meal plan" it's not the same thing, but I would definitely try getting a refund. Good luck to you.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! On a similar yet different topic - how do you find out about your specific macros?? That eatthismuch and eatwell sites seem to have something KINDA similar to figuring it out. I mean I go by the basic MFP diet to figure out how much of what to consume, but is there something else that calculates what you REALLY should be inputting into your body?? (How many carbs/fats/proteins etc)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

The basics of macros:

1g of protein per lb of LBM (lean body mass) as a minimum target (Note, this is not your overall weight but takes into account your body fat percentage)

0.35g of fat per lb of total body weight as a minimum target
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! On a similar yet different topic - how do you find out about your specific macros?? That eatthismuch and eatwell sites seem to have something KINDA similar to figuring it out. I mean I go by the basic MFP diet to figure out how much of what to consume, but is there something else that calculates what you REALLY should be inputting into your body?? (How many carbs/fats/proteins etc)

What you really want to be paying attention to is protein, and then fat, then filling the rest up with carbs.

The MINIMUM amount of protein you need is 1 gram/pound of body weight

The MINIMUM amount of dietary fat you need is .63 grams/pound of body weight.

I am no expert on this, and I'm sure the community will correct me if I'm wrong/debate this until the thread is shut down, however, these are the minimums I've seen used most often.

With all due respect, you are mistaken. According to WHO, UNICEF, World Hunger and other organizations the amount for minimum protein for women age 19-70 is .5 grm per each pound of LBM ( lean body mass ) up to 1.0 grm per LBM. If you were correct, then a person who weighs 250, or lets say 350 pounds would have to eat 350 grms in protein and that is just not so. It is however a good idea to eat sufficient protein to not lose too much muscle mass, for long term satiation which often keeps us from snacking or binging and for general good health and nutrition.
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the helpful suggestions on sites to check out!!! Much appreciated
    Good luck. I would also suggest trying to get your money back. Worth a shot. And report what happened to whomever suggested this person to you.

I agree. Try to get your money back. Where I live there is a three day window where you can return the product and cancel any transaction. Maybe since it's a "meal plan" it's not the same thing, but I would definitely try getting a refund. Good luck to you.

I'm not seeking money back or anything like that, thank you though :)
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Okay well I appreciate that.... but that doesn't help me with what's already has happened?

I have already paid and already been supplied with a meal plan.. I know the internet is readily available, but I work 14 hr days, with 3 hrs of commuting, I don't have time to search a lot of meal plans and recipes up and find out what works and what doesn't. Maybe in the future but for now, that's just not a time viable option. I barely get time to meal prep.

Sorry, you didn't really assist me with answering my question.

I think the logic behind your criticism is faulty. Even if people tell you if they have paid or not and how much, that also does not change what happened. I think you were cheated and maybe need to tell the person and report her to your BBB or her professional organization.
    We are all busy people ( I commute 2 hours a day times two) with busy lives, but usually make the time for things that are important to us; be it having a manicure, watching TV or looking for meals on the internet. Looking for meals that you enjoy and that fit into your schedule is not an every day task . I am sorry you were taken this way, but if you really don't want to do an internet search, you will have to go on paying independently of what anyone else did or does.
    Good Luck !

Thank you for the luck.
  • keithemp
    keithemp Posts: 71
    Options

What you really want to be paying attention to is protein, and then fat, then filling the rest up with carbs.

I am no expert on this, and I'm sure the community will correct me if I'm wrong/debate this until the thread is shut down, however, these are the minimums I've seen used most often.

With all due respect, you are mistaken. According to WHO, UNICEF, World Hunger and other organizations the amount for minimum protein for women age 19-70 is .5 grm per each pound of LBM ( lean body mass ) up to 1.0 grm per LBM. If you were correct, then a person who weighs 250, or lets say 350 pounds would have to eat 350 grms in protein and that is just not so. It is however a good idea to eat sufficient protein to not lose too much muscle mass, for long term satiation which often keeps us from snacking or binging and for general good health and nutrition.

There are common 'minimums' thrown around, but most people miss the caveat that these are minimums for best results for gaining muscle mass and burning fat. You can gain muscle mass eating less protein, but it will be slower.

If I weren't working out, but was maintaining and wanted to live a healthy lifestyle, 1g of protein per lbs of body weight would not be the ideal. It's all about context.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Oops. Yeah, you are right! Lean Body Mass. I target around 120 grams of protein in a day.

Thanks for posting Sarauk's thread. I'm going to copy and paste the formula so I can avoid stupid in the future.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I kind of skimmed through this and see you're not trying to get your money back but if this is someone you know and trust, I would at least have a conversation with them. Your'e not "arguing" as yo've stated a fewt imes, you're just standing up for your right to get your money's worth. You were ripped off and have every right to go back to this person and say " you know, I told you I'm looking for variety and you only gave me 6 meals". Or even play dumb and say "I was just wondering when you'll be sending me the meal ideas for next week" and if they say that was it then respond with "Really? I paid you $150 for 6 meal ideas? That wasn't what we discussed at all"

Obviously it's up to you - if you don't have the time and energy, just chalk it up to a life lesson and make sure you are clear with expectations next time and don't pay in full until you get what you asked for.

As far as macros, a pretty common mix is 40/30/30 - protein/carb/fat
  • onmyway57
    onmyway57 Posts: 22
    Options
    Have tried them all and paid a lot. I have started the journey again this time decided to just eat correctly and log food seems to be working
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Reading thru these is scary.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Why does anyone care that she wants to pay someone to meal plan?

I could watch YouTube videos and change my own car oil, but I don't want to. I pay someone to do it.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I use the calculators at IIFYM.com (If it fits your macros)
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've been using emeals.com for the past two years. Using a Groupon, it's around $27 a year. They send weekly recipes along with a handy shopping list. Lots of meals plans to choose from, with great variety. It's been a lifesaver for me.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Here is a link someone shared on facebook, and I plan on trying it.

http://whoneedsacape.com/2012/11/crockpot-freezer-cooking/

I know in the GTA there are a couple companies that has a kitchen where you go to meal prep, they have a variety of meals, and ingredients that you put together and take home with the recipe.

I would find this beneficial in not having to buy every ingredient under the planet for a recipe you will use once, or use partially. I still have a bag of corn meal in my cupboard from last year I haven't touched.

Sorry about your luck
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    when i was pregnant and working long hours i didnt have the energy to be cooking every night so once a month i batch cooked meals and filled the freezer with them.

i had 3 slow cookers which i would have on the go making stews and casseroles, would make a big lasagne in the oven to portion up, make soup on the oven top in big pans and roast a big chicken and divide the meat up

i would arrive home from work around 7pm after a 12 hour day, throw something into the microwave and be in bed by 8pm

probebly not much you can do about your money now just chalk it up to bad luck and move on with your journey
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    heres a slow cooker recipie page

http://www.slowcookerrecipepage.com

and the original facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/SlowCookerRecipePage
  • FaileAybara
    FaileAybara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned The Fresh 20 up thread and I wanted to second that.

The food is fantastic and its a very simple system, the most you will pay for the service is $5 a month.

Fresh 20 offers a regular, vegetarian, Kosher, gluten free, and single serve versions. We love it in my family though I do sometimes get lazy about sticking with it.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I didn't read this whole thread, but I did see a dietician, for help with creating a meal plan. My insurance covered it, but it would have cost me $100. It was more about nutritional counseling. She basically gave me a meal plan that had food categories: For breakfast: a piece of fruit, a protein, a starch, a milk, and a fat. Lunch: 2 starch servings, 2 protein servings, 1 fat blah blah blah. These are just examples - it's not exactly what is on the plan. There was a list of what was considered 1 serving of protein, 1 serving of milk, etc. It was basically an exchange plan. Very balanced, very reasonable. She also taught me how to eat "mixed meals," like stews and one pot dishes, so I could fit them into my plan. The plan allowed me to eat what I wanted, and still have some structure. I did it several years ago, and I no longer use it, but if you are at all interested in exactly what was on it, I can dig it out and share the details with you!