Look What 3 Years of Lifting Can Do...

Options

Replies

• TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Great job! And a good lesson for those who want quick results, because true transformation takes time and perseverance. Keep up your great work :)
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Toni. I know that I need to work more strength training into my workouts. I tend to do cardio only. Never sure what strength training exercises to do. I love to do planks, but when it comes to lifting I am clueless. I just became a runner a couple years ago which has led to a total lifestyle transformation for me. I recently finished my first non-official half marathon in February (on my treadmill). I am going to complete my first official half-marathon in April in Toledo, Ohio. At my highest non-pregnancy weight I was a whopping 230 lbs with a lean weight of 145 lbs. I lost about 50 lbs, only to gain about 30 back. Now I am proud to finally be at a healthy BMI for my height, 5'9". I have always had a muscular/athletic build, and I know that I can add muscle fairly easily. I am the lightest I have ever been in my adult life at 163 lbs. I guess I fear weight lifting will make the scale go up again and it very well may. That is a mental thing for me. I hate to see that number go up. My boys are both teenagers now and are involved in sports year round. They lift at their school a few times a week. Part of me wants to lift with them, but I know that would be so uncool, lol. I am patient and don't expect results overnight. I guess I just am afraid to cut back on my cardio. Your story is helping me to not be so afraid anymore. :)

O Hay there, fellow Glass City gal! :drinker:

OP: AMAZING results!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Totally Awesome!!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Awesome results; all your hard work is clear to see Toni. Well done hun.

A worthy subject for your post on the Forums :)
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    WOW great job, I love your arms especially, nice one!!
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You did a damn good job!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Oh God you're sooo bulky and masculine! Terrible! Go back to the treadmill! :laugh:

You are amazing. Success stories like yours are the reason I'll be starting weight lifting tomorrow!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Amazing that gaining weight made u look better. I nedded to see this post. Thanx for sharing.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Toni!!! So proud of you!!! xoxo
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I saw the picture and said "DAMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN" in the long drawn out way in my head...

seriously... amazing job!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow! :drinker:
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Pantherfan44
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!!! I just started to add weights to my workout I have high hopes now LOL. Did you use free weights or machine? I am starting with P90X so I can learn the proper way but its hard!!! Anyways Good for you and thanks for the motivation you are right the pictures speak for themselves.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW...Now that is fantastic...Thanks for the motivation!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Toni and kudos for posting! Glad we are friends!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lifting ROCKS! Great work!
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Loving it!!!! You look amazing as always mama! I want to look like you when I grow up! Its true what they say about the scale.....

SCREW THE SCALE!!!!!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OMG that is amazing.:flowerforyou: So inspirational, especially since I turned 39 two weeks ago..lol
  • manatina
    manatina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job. The weight a person is does NOT reveal the whole picture, for sure. What a fantastic representation of muscle weighing more but being worth every ounce. This so motivates me because I definitely weigh more than I seemingly should even when in top shape because of the muscle I gain. Here's to not being depressed over a scale again when I'm working hard and eating healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!