December Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    no miles today, but I plan to get it done tomorrow! I am on track to make it to the half way point by the 15th. I would love to be past the half way point to allow for it being slower the closer it gets to Christmas! Im still motivated. thanks everyone.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    +1.6 this morning on Couch to 5K.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    4miles elliptical last night
    2.5 miles walking today
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    No miles for me. I knew the next three weeks would be tough. My daughter is tracked out of school so I dont get home until 5:15 or so and it gets dark at 5! On top of that it's been crazy cold here. I think we've even hit a few record lows. I just cant tolerate 20 or below in the dark. I'm not too worried about it, I have two weeks until I have to start mini-marathon training so for now I'm managing my calories and enjoying the rest time.

I'm really hoping I can find a pay per use treadmill or something. There's no need for a gym membership since I will be strictly outside after Feb or March. We'll see. :)

Sometimes gyms will give you a free trial - that way you can train but you don't have to worry about any fees. It might be worth looking into. :) Or you can always check out craigslist - sometimes you can find people practically giving away their old treadmills.

Not a bad idea, except there is NO WAY I'm trading my studio space for a treadmill. This running business has already taken quite a bit of xbox time, it's not getting my studio too! :) It's really not a major issue. I knew my miles would be light this month because life was going to get in the way. I'm still in the gym five days a week and my calories are in check. I just didnt want yall to think I've dropped out or anything, just paused. :)

(And because I know that sounds confusing.. at the gym 5 days a week with no treadmill... My gym is onsite where I work with hours limited to the workday. I go at lunch and I almost always do a class either in the pool or in the cardio room. I absolutely HATE running on a treadmill next to my coworkers. Don't know why, but HATE it.)
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Only one mile last night, but I did the 30 day shred also.
  • ldafoe
    ldafoe Posts: 20 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4 more miles yesterday...thinking I should have set a higher goal! :-)
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    3 miles run today! :) TGIF!!!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    10.5 miles today, my current total for December is 62. As darkrider mentioned earlier the miles show on the ticker, but the fun part of the challenge is to post your daily progress and be active in the thread. :smile:

Absie I like the way you split your totals by activity. If you dont charge royalties for the copyright I might copy that :wink:
  • IanJames
    Options
    Another 10 miles for me today! :wink:

exercise.png
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    More than halfway done!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    As darkrider mentioned earlier the miles show on the ticker, but the fun part of the challenge is to post your daily progress and be active in the thread. :smile:

You are absolutely correct! I'm usually pretty social & involved.....but occasionally my innate engineer-y side rears its ugly, overly technical head. Carry on! :bigsmile:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    4.5 miles walked today!!!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    5.45 miles today!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    3 miles on the elliptical at 5 a.m. and then spent 7 hours on my feet!!! I am tired and my ankles are too!!! Night all but I will see you tomorrow!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I put in 5.0 miles today! (Ran 4, walked 1) That puts me at just a hair over 25. Being exactly 1/3 of the way into the month, I'm ecstatic to be at 1/3 of my goal of 75. =)))) Woo hoo!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    have not updated in the last few days...so I just updated my ticker...have a great day everyone :)
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    +3.

Have 5 on the schedule tomorrow. Right now its freezing rain and expecting a freeze overnight. May be a bit difficult, but we'll see. :)
  • IanJames
    Options
    11 miles for me today! Over the 100 miles already! WooHoo! :happy:

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Snow today, temp near freezing. Hiked almost 4 miles up Lycabettus hill downtown Athens.
    The picture is taken from the top. In the center you can vaguely see the Acropolis
    IMG_0821.jpg
    I'd really like to start a blog to keep track of all my workouts. At least the ones that show some interest.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, 8 miles walked today, nice picture dinos!!! guess what????? my daughter has just taken a photo of me .....might even change my profile pic lol!!!