December Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay here is the December move your *kitten* challenge thread......
you can do whatever kind of movement you want as long as it can be tracked with miles or KM.....swimming, biking, elliptical, treadmill, outside walking/running, stepping machine, stairs, whatever works for you.....
set your goal for the month of December, make a ticker if you wish and report/update as you complete your distance......no prize at the end except for the fact that you actually moved your *kitten* during one of the busiest months of the year and which will either help us maintain our weight or continue to lose.....good luck everyone.....

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I like this! I'm in. I just have to figure out my goal.

I don't know how many miles I normally do in a day...maybe three? Three miles at five times a week for four weeks?

I'm going with 60 miles. I'll check how much do I do at the gym today and adjust if I need to.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    sounds great Im in

its been a while i am off the wagon
    i would say 60 miles for December.

kkmark
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm in .... Thanks bluiz13!!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Bluiz! I like your goal of 75 so I'll make that mine too!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    How do you do a ticker? 100 miles goal
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bluiz for setting up the December Challenge. Glad I found the November one, it really did get me back to walking on my weightloss journey. Not sure how many miles I will set for December. Have to think about the holidays and family visits etc... Will post later today or tomorrow.

Below is link to November's challenge.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131243-november-walking-challenge?page=1
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need to keep me moving during the holidays. I am going to go for 75 miles.
  • 6ftbombshell
    Options
    This sounds like fun but it may be too easy for me? I already walk to class mon-fri, but i refuse to walk when its dark out since i dont live in the best area downtown. don't get me wrong its not as bad as it used to be, but still, idk if i could cope with walking past 50 or more homeless people in the dark, just seems sketchy. BUT i will give it a go, and well, if you guys dont hear from me for a while, might want to come check on me! lol :)

So 2-4 miles a day = 12 miles a week, im gonna push for some extra time and go for 60 as well. Since half of december there is no school i will have to get out there and do it anyways, if the weather really sucks (hello snow!) ill have to run up and down the 4 flights of stairs in my apartment building. :)

good luck everyone! :)
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Finally!!!! I saw the November Challenge about a week ago and couldn't wait to join one for December!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a 100 miles!! I finished the Nazareth to Bethlehem challenge (97.6 miles) in less than four weeks so I think I can do 100 for the month of December! Will todays mileage count too??? I will go make a ticker!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Time to make a ticker!!! Bluiz, do you want me to do the flowchart?
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I think I can hit 75 miles. It'll push me to keep at it. Now to make a ticker. :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am TRYING to get my ticker to be large and DARK but it will not give an option. I can revise up to that page and it says done, I click on large and dark but it will not revise! You can not even see it in the light option! Help?????
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm doing the 30 day shred too, (day 11 today) so I'm going to set a realistic goal and then increase it if I meet it early. I vary my cardio, swim, bike, walk, eliptical, so I'll be continuing to do this just noting the distance. Does my half mile in the pool today count?
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I would like to join! How do I make a ticker? I think I can do 80 miles in the month of December.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Tickers are @ tickerfactory.com
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! How do I make a ticker? I think I can do 80 miles in the month of December.
    Go to www.tickerfactory.com It will guide you through it step by step. Then copy the code that begins and add it to your siggy. Hope this helps.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    I'm in for a 100 miles!! I finished the Nazareth to Bethlehem challenge (97.6 miles) in less than four weeks so I think I can do 100 for the month of December! Will todays mileage count too??? I will go make a ticker!!

i would rather we wait and start tomorrow - December 1st if everyone agrees....
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Time to make a ticker!!! Bluiz, do you want me to do the flowchart?

you or dinos...it doesnt matter to me...you guys work it out....
  • bluiz13
    Options
    I'm in. I'm doing the 30 day shred too, (day 11 today) so I'm going to set a realistic goal and then increase it if I meet it early. I vary my cardio, swim, bike, walk, eliptical, so I'll be continuing to do this just noting the distance. Does my half mile in the pool today count?

i think it best if we all start on December 1st since many of us are finishing up a walking in november challenge today....
    hope that is okay with everyone....