i dont like lifting :( no results

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You're either lifting with not enough intensity, not progressing in strength or work done, or your diet is totally off. Isolate and fix.

basically this...
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try throwing a bit of cardio into the mix. I know--not much of a welcome comment on this site...but I got rid of my mommy tummy within a couple of months doing both lifting (approximately 20 mins) and HIIT (20 mins) or steady state (mixed my cardio routine up week by week).

The combination of the two can work extremely well and it breaks the monotony of strictly lifting or cardio.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

and please do not say go heavier because this is still heavy for me

I would venture to say you have NOT been doing Stronglifts for 3 and a half months.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ^THIS!

The whole point of Strong Lifts is to continue to add weight on a schedule. You've been lifting in 5 sets of 5 reps, but not doing Strong Lifts.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

I would venture to say you have NOT been doing Stronglifts for 3 and a half months.

That's my bet also
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

How many reps can you do before you fail (drop the weight)?

Are you adding weight every time you are able to complete all 5 sets of 5, like Stronglifts says you are supposed to? What did you start with?
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, find something that you enjoy doing! Weight lifting was never my forte, I always felt lost.

HIIT workouts work best for me. Just enough strength training and cardio to keep my mind busy. Bodyweight exercises are just as effective and it takes less time!
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I haz a sad from this thread. :cry:

Me too :frown:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I hate lifting too, it's not fun for me. I still strength train because I know it's important, I just do yoga or pilates instead,

is pilates considered strength training?

I also HATE lifting...it's so boring to me to do the same repetitive motion over and over again. I prefer body weight exercises like pilates also. I started p90x3 about a month ago and like that wayyy better. It can also be argued that exercises like that are better for you because the movements target a variety of muscles versus just one with traditional weight lifting.

So.... in order words, you enjoy those because it's easier than lifting heavy weights.

So basically you're saying people who don't like strength training are LAZY? That's why I run 10 miles at a time, because it's easy, obviously. God forbid someone actually enjoys something different then you.

And just fyi, yoga and pilates are not easy. Often I wake up sore out of my mind and feel extremely challenged.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You say you are eating at a slight deficit. If you are trying to lose weight, you may need a larger (not too large) deficit, and to be properly measuring and tracking your food.

But, we don't know anything about what your stats are. What is your height, weight and waist and hip (maybe thigh as well) measurements. How much are you eating? What are the goals you are trying to achieve.

Are you overweight? Lacking curves? Want a smaller waist? Smaller thighs? Are you underweight, but jiggly and with belly fat? Do you want a bigger booty?

See, we can't advise you if we don't know what you want to accomplish. We don't know what you didn't accomplish without knowing what your goals were/are. Knowing this would be very helpful for us.

You said you want a flat belly. Our advice is different if you are overweight or if you are underweight with belly fat.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You're either lifting with not enough intensity, not progressing in strength or work done, or your diet is totally off. Isolate and fix.

I second this.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    I hate lifting too, it's not fun for me. I still strength train because I know it's important, I just do yoga or pilates instead,

I also HATE lifting...it's so boring to me to do the same repetitive motion over and over again. I prefer body weight exercises like pilates also. I started p90x3 about a month ago and like that wayyy better. It can also be argued that exercises like that are better for you because the movements target a variety of muscles versus just one with traditional weight lifting.

So.... in order words, you enjoy those because it's easier than lifting heavy weights.

So basically you're saying people who don't like strength training are LAZY? That's why I run 10 miles at a time, because it's easy, obviously. God forbid someone actually enjoys something different then you.

And just fyi, yoga and pilates are not easy. Often I wake up sore out of my mind and feel extremely challenged.

No. I'm more so referring to the fact that "Body Weight Exercises" are also repetitive continuous movements - ie. pushups, crunches, pullups and other movements in p90x etc. They just happen to be easier than say Squats or Deadlifts at 80% of your 1rm.

Also the comment that they target a variety of different muscles, but lifting weights doesn't?

If you want to run, run. If you want to do pilates, do pilates. At least make sense when you're trying to prove a point though.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You don't mention your stats, how much you are eating and if you're consistently using a digital scale to weigh and log all food intake.
  • TheGymGypsy
    Options

No. I'm more so referring to the fact that "Body Weight Exercises" are also repetitive continuous movements - ie. pushups, crunches, pullups and other movements in p90x etc. They just happen to be easier than say Squats or Deadlifts at 80% of your 1rm.

Also the comment that they target a variety of different muscles, but lifting weights doesn't?

If you want to run, run. If you want to do pilates, do pilates. At least make sense when you're trying to prove a point though.

I did not make the comment about body weight exercises, nor do I agree with it.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

What does that even mean?

If someone put a gun to your head and said, "give me five squats with a 55 lb bar or I shoot you," would you be able to do it?
  • LolBroScience
    Options

I suppose it's a good thing my original post was not in reference to you, but to the poster who did in fact say that then huh?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

basically this...

^^yep

And agree with the others that it appears that you may not have been following the program.
  • TheGymGypsy
    Options

I suppose it's a good thing my original post was not in reference to you, but to the poster who did in fact say that then huh?

I still disagree with your implication that people who chose to strength train different ways are doing so because it's easier.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Traditional weight lifting does not target a variety of muscles?

While I agree that you do not need to 'lift heavy' to get good results, that comments is wrong...very wrong
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

I still disagree with your implication that people who chose to strength train different ways are doing so because it's easier.
    That's a lazy argument to make.