Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Which exercise do you swear by?

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Heavy compound lifts
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    fork put downs and table push aways.

otherwise- barbell.

anything that puts my hands on a barbell... and pull ups.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Cycling. It's the only exercise that i can do for 4 hours straight and not even feel like i'm exercising, because i'm having so much fun.
  • alyrpal
    alyrpal Posts: 8 Member
    Cycling - a one hour ride burns 700 calories and here I pass through woodland, the beautiful English countryside and pretty English villages. I don't eat the extra calories, I use my daily ride to loose an extra pound and a half a week.

Who needs sweaty gyms, weights etc?

Al
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Zumba is not only great general cardio, but I swear it fixes my bad back.

I used to get debilitating back spasms at least twice a year and had chronic minor pain. In the year I've been going to Zumba regularly, I had one bad spasm after I skipped classes for a week, and... that was it. I'm still careful with my back, but I almost feel like a normal person these days.
  • Sophie_UK
    Sophie_UK Posts: 31 Member
    British Military Fitness - ok so its a range of exercises but it works my *kitten* off (literally, i need to start working on getting it back) and means i don't have to do any thinking and i get pushed far more than i would ever push myself in the gym
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Walking :drinker: Also helped me with back, knee & ankle pain.
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Another vote for kettlebells. You're using your core (your whole body, really), lifting heavy and getting a cardio workout. BOOM.
  • diamonddaveperry
    diamonddaveperry Posts: 23 Member
    Running. Not jogging. Running.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    WALKING!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    although I love running, I have to say walking at a brisk pace. it burns a lot of calories and everyone can do it.

My favy. I'll walk when I don't feel like doing anything else.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Running, walking, and hot yoga.
  • futurejedi
    futurejedi Posts: 111
    love shrugs, barbell military press
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    squat/deadlift.... either, but preferably both. 3 times a week....
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Pull-ups, dips, squats and deadlifts.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    I do a lot of spinning: I know, it only works the legs, but it did help me lose a lot of weight! Otherwise compound exercises like jumping jacks burn a lot of calories, or so I've heard :-)

Spinning does a lot more than for the legs.....its great for the abdomen and as a calorie burn.............
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Jogging and pushups and squats
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Squats and press ups. Love them both.
  • I run triathlons, so swimming, cycling, and running. Plus I lift weights a couple times a week too. So much cross training means love for all my muscle groups. Never been in better shape then when I'm in tri training mode.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    yoga, dancing, walking