My own whey protein shake diet recipe to lose that 40 pounds

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for "inventing" this recipe that nobody with a can of protein powder and a blender has ever thought of before. After 25 years of weight watching, I really look forward to trying every super-restrictive weight loss method that I read about on the Internet! Especially those created by people just like me with no nutritional background.

OK, enough sarcasm. Your plan is just weird.

so you are saying the "super shake" is actually quite normal…..?
  • MrCrazyMike
    MrCrazyMike Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for "inventing" this recipe that nobody with a can of protein powder and a blender has ever thought of before. After 25 years of weight watching, I really look forward to trying every super-restrictive weight loss method that I read about on the Internet! Especially those created by people just like me with no nutritional background.

Okay, now that was mean...
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in meal replacements OP, check out Soylent as an idea, and see how yours stacks up against it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_(food_substitute)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    This has got to be trolling hasn't it? Please tell it's a troll otherwise I fear for our planet
  • Toms_healthish_food
    Options
    Lets see what we have here on the assumption this is to be drank three times a day

Calories: 1530
    Carbs: 210g
    Protein: 129g
    Fats: 18g (Its worth noting to a degree that almost all these fats bar 1 or 2g are all Sats)
    Vit A: 33% RDA
    Vit C: 51% RDA
    Calcium: 138% RDA
    Iron: 66% RDA
    Fiber: 24g
    Potassium: 1266mg

(Note the RDA above is based roughly on the MFP so might not be accurate down to the very percantage)

Not nearly enough Vit A, C or Iron, the split is just plain wierd 59% of your daily intake is Carbs, 36% is Protein and Fats make up 5%. Let alone a whole host of other vits, mins & other oils missing from this shake I'm not even going to bother listing. I could most definatly see some sort of illness/ailments as a result of following this all day every day on a long term basis. I'd most definatly tell everyone who is new and might read this thread and somehow take it seriously to ignore it.
  • jmill434
    jmill434 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Any compliments?

Nope.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options
    This has got to be trolling hasn't it? Please tell it's a troll otherwise I fear for our planet

You are acting like diets like this hasn't been promoted before. You sir are really exaggerating things.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    awz0jo.jpg
  • happychic
    happychic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that drinks whey protein shakes for breakfast and lunch . She eats whatever she wants for dinner. She also stopped drinking carbonated beverages. She lost 38ibs in 2 months. She looks great!! I tried it for 2 weeks and now cringe at the thought of making a shake for breakfast. I need variety.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

haha

coming from the poster who said
    I just find it alarming that the BS can spread to other web sites.

about the milk and potato diet....

Another time where BS is spreading on the internet and may spread to other sites....

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

You are acting like diets like this hasn't been promoted before. You sir are really exaggerating things.

Because bad ideas have never, ever been promoted before in the history of man. Never...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    This sounds completely legit, Mr Crazy Mike.....:huh:

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

haha

Another time where BS is spreading on the internet and may spread to other sites....

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

I never said I would do the milk and potato diet, I just said that those other sites have their facts wrong without fact checking first. You are really putting words in my mouth.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

I never said I would do the milk and potato diet, I just said that those other sites have their facts wrong without fact checking first. You are really putting words in my mouth.

That's my point you chastize sites for having their facts wrong and here you are promoting a "diet" with the wrong facts...check them before promoting you new fandangled invention

you know that secret "pill" for weight loss...
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

That's my point you chastize sites for having their facts wrong and here you are promoting a "diet" with the wrong facts...check them before promoting you new fandangled invention

What did I say was wrong? All I wanted was people's opinions.....
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

Aaaand you got them. Now scurry off and take your ill advice somewhere else...
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather drink the same drink three times a day than have variety in my diet. Said no-one ever!
    So true!

You are missing the point, it is all about convenience. Plus, who doesn't like chocolate?

I don't. Can't stand the smell or taste. Blech!
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

Aaaand you got them. Now scurry off and take your ill advice somewhere else...

It was not advice, it was just an idea....
  • SezxyStef
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance

This is what you said...check the nutrional facts just because you "believe" doesn't make it fact.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance

This is what you said...check the nutrional facts just because you "believe" doesn't make it fact.

Did I lie??