My own whey protein shake diet recipe to lose that 40 pounds

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for "inventing" this recipe that nobody with a can of protein powder and a blender has ever thought of before. After 25 years of weight watching, I really look forward to trying every super-restrictive weight loss method that I read about on the Internet! Especially those created by people just like me with no nutritional background.

OK, enough sarcasm. Your plan is just weird.

Okay, now that was mean...

haha

coming from the poster who said
    I just find it alarming that the BS can spread to other web sites.

about the milk and potato diet....

Another time where BS is spreading on the internet and may spread to other sites....

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

I never said I would do the milk and potato diet, I just said that those other sites have their facts wrong without fact checking first. You are really putting words in my mouth.

That's my point you chastize sites for having their facts wrong and here you are promoting a "diet" with the wrong facts...check them before promoting you new fandangled invention

you know that secret "pill" for weight loss...

What did I say was wrong? All I wanted was people's opinions.....

Aaaand you got them. Now scurry off and take your ill advice somewhere else...

It was not advice, it was just an idea....

a horrible one at that..

maybe you should change your name to "magic shake mike"
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    This has got to be trolling hasn't it? Please tell it's a troll otherwise I fear for our planet

You are acting like diets like this hasn't been promoted before. You sir are really exaggerating things.

Because bad ideas have never, ever been promoted before in the history of man. Never...

ETA: I tried to give up snark for Lent. Obviously I'm not doing too well. I am repentant...

Mike, I am sure your post was well intentioned. However, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. The road to healthy, successful weight loss is paved with good, sound nutrition in the form of adequate caloric intake to maintain basic (and the not so basic) body functions and maintain as much muscle as possible in a long term sustainable diet. Unfortunately, your plan offers none of this.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Thank you for "inventing" this recipe that nobody with a can of protein powder and a blender has ever thought of before. After 25 years of weight watching, I really look forward to trying every super-restrictive weight loss method that I read about on the Internet! Especially those created by people just like me with no nutritional background.

haha

Another time where BS is spreading on the internet and may spread to other sites....

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

I never said I would do the milk and potato diet, I just said that those other sites have their facts wrong without fact checking first. You are really putting words in my mouth.

That's my point you chastize sites for having their facts wrong and here you are promoting a "diet" with the wrong facts...check them before promoting you new fandangled invention

Aaaand you got them. Now scurry off and take your ill advice somewhere else...

It was not advice, it was just an idea....

Telling someone to drink these shakes three times a day so they will lose 40 pounds is advice. You are advising someone to follow an idiotic diet plan. Seriously. Just go. You aren't going to find what the compliments you are looking for unless you are one of those people who finds any attention, even negative attention, alluring, like a toddler.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You blend these ingredients into a smoothy:

1 cup of 1% milk
    1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
    1/2 cup of Quaker quick oats
    1 medium banana

This drink tastes good because the chocolate from the whey protein compliments the taste of the banana. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance. If you have this shake three times a day, you should intake about 1500 calories or so, which makes it a good number for the amount of calories you should have in a day also. This shake diet would be great if you wish to shed off like 40 pounds or so. This three shake diet also goes in line with the fact that you are suppose to drink about 3 glasses of milk a day. Any compliments? Thanks in advance.

Can I have a bowl of oatmeal a banana and a cup of milk? or is that not the same thing...
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    This has got to be trolling hasn't it? Please tell it's a troll otherwise I fear for our planet

You are acting like diets like this hasn't been promoted before. You sir are really exaggerating things.

No dear, you're acting like diets like this haven't been promoted before.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I would rather stab myself than drink 3 shakes a day and milk - especially having a sensitivity to milk!
  • MrCrazyMike
    MrCrazyMike Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I just pointed out that Oprah had a variant of what I am saying, but she drank fewer calories.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a supremely bad idea.

Overly restrictive, lacking in nutrients, and on top of that you've got one calorie goal set for every single individual regardless of weight, activity level, or gender. I like a protein shake sometimes, but 3 times per day every day with no other food? I'd be miserable.

Just eat real food.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I've never of heard of the 'fact' of drinking 3 glasses of milk a day, simply ridiculous.

Just 3 shakes a day for 1500 cals...why?

I would rather eat food, as most people would.

Please don't give out advice like this again, it's really not helpful to anyone.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

I just pointed out that Oprah had a variant of what I am saying, but she drank fewer calories.

Do you even know what this site is about?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance

This is what you said...check the nutrional facts just because you "believe" doesn't make it fact.

Did I lie??

hmmm...I wouldn't call it a lie I would call it ignorance...ie lack of knowledge...this shake doesn't give people all the nutrition they need not even close...3 a day would give 60-90g of protien...that is not nearly enough..not enough fat or iron vitamin c...but that's already been discussed

You keep fighting the good fight Mike :laugh: ...but you wont have support here...
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why keep pointing out Oprah as an example? Isn't that counterproductive?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Well, she HAS lost 40 lbs….repeatedly. :drinker:
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

The only reason why I brought her up again is because someone here tried to put words in my mouth by saying that I am acting like my idea has not been said before.
  • Calliope610
    Options

The only reason why I brought her up again is because someone here tried to put words in my mouth by saying that I am acting like my idea has not been said before.

Which makes the point that repeating bad ideas/advice often enough does not make them good ideas/advice. And that's the point many of us are trying to make. Repeating the lie doesn't make it the truth. And before you get all butthurt, I'm not calling you a liar.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance

This is what you said...check the nutrional facts just because you "believe" doesn't make it fact.

Did I lie??

hmmm...I wouldn't call it a lie I would call it ignorance...ie lack of knowledge...this shake doesn't give people all the nutrition they need not even close...3 a day would give 60-90g of protien...that is not nearly enough..not enough fat or iron vitamin c...but that's already been discussed

You keep fighting the good fight Mike :laugh: ...but you wont have support here...

I agree, but all I really wanted was some compliments for my idea, that is all. Too many assumptions and exaggerations in this thread.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Oprah did Optifast--a medically supervised diet--in the 90's. She lost a bunch of weight and gained it back. Some people also think Optifast is nuts.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

Which makes the point that repeating bad ideas/advice often enough does not make them good ideas/advice. And that's the point many of us are trying to make.

But the difference between my idea and Oprah's is that at least my idea, you can drink more which means that you won't starve and binge as much.
  • Calliope610
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

Did I lie??

I agree, but all I really wanted was some compliments for my idea, that is all. Too many assumptions and exaggerations in this thread.

What assumptions are being made???
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

compliments??? really here is one for you..

you have a great profile pic....as for your diet plan it's crap.

Yes your post has too many assumptions and exaggerations I agree...glad you see that now too.