My own whey protein shake diet recipe to lose that 40 pounds

Options

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why keep pointing out Oprah as an example? Isn't that counterproductive?

The only reason why I brought her up again is because someone here tried to put words in my mouth by saying that I am acting like my idea has not been said before.

Just because people use these diet doesn't mean they work - as illustrated by Oprah.
  • TimElwis
    TimElwis Posts: 56
    Options
    It seems like people are really outspoken about my plan. But before you knock it, Oprah herself use to support a shake diet of her own, and she use to drink about 500-700 calories a day and she was always starving. There are many ways to lose weight, it is just that some diets are more healthier than others, and I truly think that I have a healthy alternative unless someone can prove me wrong.

Because we all know how successful Oprah is with dieting despite her vast amount of money and access to everything and anything, she still hasn't been able to keep off the weight. Ever.

And considering you have 80lbs to go and haven't lost any weight, I don't think raging at people because they are explaining why this is unsafe is wise. Maybe listen to them so you won't end up failing or worse in hospital. Maybe take their advice and work with it. Or even better take this plan to a professional and see what they have to say.

This plan like all Oprah celebrity diets will fail. The only difference, this plan doesn't come with loads of money to fix the damage you do to your body. Goodbye unsafe forum post.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

The only reason why I brought her up again is because someone here tried to put words in my mouth by saying that I am acting like my idea has not been said before.

Which makes the point that repeating bad ideas/advice often enough does not make them good ideas/advice. And that's the point many of us are trying to make.

But the difference between my idea and Oprah's is that at least my idea, you can drink more which means that you won't starve and binge as much.

Being able to drink more does not change the fact that your diet plan lacks in essential nutrients. It's not healthy, it's not sustainable, and it's not a good idea. I don't know why you expect people to compliment you on coming up with an idea that will harm anyone who follows it.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ok folks, this one's going nowhere. Time for the gifs.
    pjn97va
  • MrCrazyMike
    MrCrazyMike Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for "inventing" this recipe that nobody with a can of protein powder and a blender has ever thought of before. After 25 years of weight watching, I really look forward to trying every super-restrictive weight loss method that I read about on the Internet! Especially those created by people just like me with no nutritional background.

OK, enough sarcasm. Your plan is just weird.

Okay, now that was mean...

haha

coming from the poster who said
    I just find it alarming that the BS can spread to other web sites.

about the milk and potato diet....

Another time where BS is spreading on the internet and may spread to other sites....

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

I never said I would do the milk and potato diet, I just said that those other sites have their facts wrong without fact checking first. You are really putting words in my mouth.

That's my point you chastize sites for having their facts wrong and here you are promoting a "diet" with the wrong facts...check them before promoting you new fandangled invention

you know that secret "pill" for weight loss...

What did I say was wrong? All I wanted was people's opinions.....
    . I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance

This is what you said...check the nutrional facts just because you "believe" doesn't make it fact.

Did I lie??

hmmm...I wouldn't call it a lie I would call it ignorance...ie lack of knowledge...this shake doesn't give people all the nutrition they need not even close...3 a day would give 60-90g of protien...that is not nearly enough..not enough fat or iron vitamin c...but that's already been discussed

You keep fighting the good fight Mike :laugh: ...but you wont have support here...

I agree, but all I really wanted was some compliments for my idea, that is all. Too many assumptions and exaggerations in this thread.

What assumptions are being made???

The assumption that people here are having that I am giving advice to them when I only really wanted a compliment for my idea.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Thank you for "inventing" this recipe that nobody with a can of protein powder and a blender has ever thought of before. After 25 years of weight watching, I really look forward to trying every super-restrictive weight loss method that I read about on the Internet! Especially those created by people just like me with no nutritional background.

haha

Another time where BS is spreading on the internet and may spread to other sites....

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

I never said I would do the milk and potato diet, I just said that those other sites have their facts wrong without fact checking first. You are really putting words in my mouth.

That's my point you chastize sites for having their facts wrong and here you are promoting a "diet" with the wrong facts...check them before promoting you new fandangled invention

. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance

This is what you said...check the nutrional facts just because you "believe" doesn't make it fact.

Did I lie??

hmmm...I wouldn't call it a lie I would call it ignorance...ie lack of knowledge...this shake doesn't give people all the nutrition they need not even close...3 a day would give 60-90g of protien...that is not nearly enough..not enough fat or iron vitamin c...but that's already been discussed

You keep fighting the good fight Mike :laugh: ...but you wont have support here...

I agree, but all I really wanted was some compliments for my idea, that is all. Too many assumptions and exaggerations in this thread.

Didn't anyone ever teach you that you don't always get what you want?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

Did I lie??

The assumption that people here are having that I am giving advice to them when I only really wanted a compliment for my idea.

You keep saying YOUR idea when it's a recipe so basic that many people probably already use it - albeit probably once a day, not all day.
  • MrCrazyMike
    MrCrazyMike Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Which makes the point that repeating bad ideas/advice often enough does not make them good ideas/advice. And that's the point many of us are trying to make.

But the difference between my idea and Oprah's is that at least my idea, you can drink more which means that you won't starve and binge as much.

Being able to drink more does not change the fact that your diet plan lacks in essential nutrients. It's not healthy, it's not sustainable, and it's not a good idea. I don't know why you expect people to compliment you on coming up with an idea that will harm anyone who follows it.

I am not telling people to follow it, I am just creating a discussion about the idea.
  • tegalicious
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

Did I lie??

Well like I said. You won't get any compliments here for your craptacular advice or idea or whatever you wanna call it. Time to pack up your bags. Let the kitteh gifs commence!!!!!!
  • KinoM
    Options
    ptr2xy8
  • TimElwis
    Options
    25ppc78.jpg
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hey OP I totally agree with everyone that this idea is crazy, unsustainable and unhealthy.

That being said, shakes now and then are a good on the go breakfast option. I'd suggest you add some frozen spinach or kale to your shake to up the nutritional value. You can also add greek yogurt to increase the protein even more and make the shake thicker. Also, chia and flax seeds, peanut or almond butter are all good additions.

Then when you get to the office have a good morning snack.

I heard Dr. Gupta give good advice on the radio the other day - just eat what you normally eat, but reduce the serving size by a third (he indicated that the average american eats 30% more calories than he/she needs).
  • TimElwis
    Options

haha

children_zpsb1f5daac.png

*see that was mean*

Did I lie??

Well like I said. You won't get any compliments here for your craptacular advice or idea or whatever you wanna call it. Time to pack up your bags. Let the kitteh gifs commence!!!!!!

BWAH HAHA you win internet word of the day. Also.. 50points if someone can post a kitteh pic involving bacon.
  • KinoM
    Options
    baconnibblingcat.gif
    nyanbacon.gif
  • TimElwis
    Options
    baconnibblingcat.gif

You sir. Are awesome. *Tips hat*
  • tegalicious
    Options
    baconnibblingcat.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAY <3
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You blend these ingredients into a smoothy:

1 cup of 1% milk
    1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
    1/2 cup of Quaker quick oats
    1 medium banana

This drink tastes good because the chocolate from the whey protein compliments the taste of the banana. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance. If you have this shake three times a day, you should intake about 1500 calories or so, which makes it a good number for the amount of calories you should have in a day also. This shake diet would be great if you wish to shed off like 40 pounds or so. This three shake diet also goes in line with the fact that you are suppose to drink about 3 glasses of milk a day. Any compliments? Thanks in advance.

I would replace the milk with coconut or almond milk, then remove the oats and add spinach, kale, cabbage, a little cilantro, and real cacao.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    baconnibblingcat.gif

This! This! This!
  • KinoM
    Options

pzv9ygo
  • tegalicious