What do you say to yourself during a hard workout?

Options

Replies

• Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I don't really think about it, I just do it.

Sometimes out of fear I say to myself "Ok, if I don't take another minute or two rest between this set, I might puke and pass out and embarrass myself."
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I order to myself ''hold that weight!'' then once is finished the rep or workout i say, ''easy'' loudly
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    "You're not going to die here, so just finish it"
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Since today's run was recovery for leg lifting day yesterday and I didn't want to waste that workout, my mantra was "slow down, slow down, it's ok to walk the hills to keep the HR down, let the legs heal."
  • buttercupcakegina
    buttercupcakegina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    "No pain, no gain"

"Just a little bit more"
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I listen to LMFAO so I can quietly mouth "I'm sexy and I know it" to motivate me to pull through the workout.

Or I sing along to Amazing by Hi fashion cuz we're all amazing! :tongue:
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have my tunes with me so hum or sing when I run (and no one else is around). Makes the miles go fast. I also guilt myself into going a little further than the last run ("you're weak if you can't go as far or farther than the last time you ran")! Good luck!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    a whole lot of ****s
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    after this you can get pie!
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred - It's usually swearing and telling Jillian EXACTLY what I think of her! :)

Swimming - I clock watch and keep telling myself "just 10 more minutes"

Walking -I usually have "Smoke on the water" playing in my head. (I love to pretend my body is my own F1 car lol)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I just run or workout, I don't need any self encouragement. Although sometimes when I lose focus I will take a step back and clear my head and get back into the proper mindset.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    "I'm going to die" "Come on, you can do this" "breathe, it's almost over"
  • Lemonshake
    Lemonshake Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If I'm running, I tell my self just that tree or that letter box and then when I get there I think well that was easier then I though. I'll make it to that tree or that letterbox

Or if I time it to when the firefighters train at the exercise park, I just don't want to look bad so I run my butt off!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I count, and when it get hard I get angry (either that cause it's hard or I find another reason) and then I grunt (not super loud) but yeah... I'm a grunter

creepers.jpg
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If you stop now you're going to be seriously p1ssed off with yourself so don't be such a f@cking p*ssy and LIFT IT.
  • saraovoxo
    saraovoxo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    30 seconds more 30 secondsmore 30 seconds more 30 seconds more

works everytime
  • OperationCombat
    Options
    Focus - you can do this!!:smile:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    "The sooner you finish, the sooner you get to eat." I say that to myself during every workout. And pretty much when I'm doing anything.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    COME ON!!!!

People in the gym think I'm crazy but I'm making progress everyday!!!!
  • Duggie54
    Duggie54 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    FASTER - music helps and another cyclist ahead even more since I have a hard time not chasing a rabbit.

I just recently started trying to get myself in shape but in my younger days when I ran, having a rabbit to chase was the best motivator for me.