Dessert/Sweet Tooth Snack Ideas

Options

Replies

• DesertRains
    DesertRains Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I second the yogurt mixed with sf pudding mix - did that tonight.

1/2 cup plain yogurt (not greek, I use regular)
    1/4 packet sf white chocolate pudding (just the mix, not prepared)

Added 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce and a dash of cinnamon on top, parfait style - super yum.
  • annaleamartin
    Options
    Okay, sorry for just posting on a random thread, but could someone tell me how to get that cool little thing that says how much I have lost and want to lose when I post a comment?
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I got this idea from someone else on MFP. Cut a slit down the length of a banana. Put 30 mini chocolate chips in the slit. Microwave for 10-15 seconds. Almost tastes like warm chocolate chip cookies!

In for trying this!

Lately I've been saving dinner calories to indulge in a Cadbury egg once or twice a week. Nope, not healthy...but at only 150 cal, I love 'em and to me it's just as satisfying (if not more) than a 250-300 calorie full size chocolate bar.

Usually I go for 15 chocolate chips along with 3-4 unsalted almonds and if I'm craving sweets super bad I may add 1/2 tbsp. of marshmallow crème for a total "Almond Joy" flavor...mmm

Figlets are a recent discovery I really like.

Also, cocoa almonds.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have the WORST sweet tooth! I adjust lots o recipes to make them gluten free but here are some ideas:

http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2012/03/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-in-cup/
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/jell-o-strawberry-mousse-cups-60755.aspx

Then sometimes I'll do chocolate hazelnut spread over a rice cake. You just have to be sure to weigh out the spread.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Chobani banana yogurt with 16 chocolate chips in it. Yum Yum
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mug cheesecake

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1218322-mug-cheesecake?hl=mug+cheesecake#posts-19066660

I made it again today... so delicious.

Also... chocolate fudge oatmeal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1203618-when-you-just-need-chocolate-for-breakfast?hl=chocolate+oatmeal#posts-18829563

I agree with the mug apple crisp posted above too... love it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My dessert is crunchy peanut butter on toast. 400 calories every nite. Lame I know.
  • lemonshredding
    lemonshredding Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make my Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls! :)

5 tablespoons quick oats
    2 tablespoons PB2 (or you can do regular ol' peanut butter. Calories will change)
    1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1-2 packets of Sweet 'n Low
    2-3 tablespoons of water

Mix that sucker up and then form balls with your hands and pop 'em in the freezer for at least 50 minutes to an hour.

That entire batch comes out to 227 calories! Fills you up and your sweet tooth is gone! :D

Bump for yums
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I just made this recipe and it was delicious ..Acorn squash apple pie..
    http://www.fitnessrxwomen.com/nutrition/recipes/allis-slim-pickins/acorn-squash-apple-pie/
  • Danieltenor
    Danieltenor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is a great site! I've also recently discovered this site: http://dhftns.com/

It's the best thing I've found for those who count macronutrients and like large servings of desserts. Some recipes are better than others, but it's definitely worth a look.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    When I get a sweet tooth its diet soda for me. Hasn't failed me yet.
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Luna bars-they kill my sweet tooth almost immediately. You could also try making your own granola bars to tailor to your tastes and get some better nutrients in there.

Vita top deep chocolate muffin tops-these are awesome! They taste between a mix of a brownie and cake for only 100 cals! They they are fairly large so you feel like you're getting a worth while snack. You can break it up and top it with low calorie pudding and whipped cream. But there are other recipes on the net if you want to get creative!

Berries and whipped cream- tasty, sweet, filing snack. You could even melt a couple chocolate chips or a good dark chocolate and drizzle a little over it for a little choco-berry action!

Another thing I like to do is make my own low calorie "pudding pie". You take some graham crackers and crush them up mix with a little bit of melted butter and cinnamon then place in the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Bake at 375 for 7 mins. Then you can make a low sugar pudding of your choice and then spread in there and top with lite whipped topping. It's fairly low calorie and it really kills that pie craving. You can get really creative with this. You can do this with banana pudding too and it's like banana cream pie!

Smoothies are a great way to kill sweet tooth and you can really get creative. Like if you are craving apple pie you can make your smoothie like an apple pie would kind of taste. Instead of something like ice cream you can try low calorie creamer with some ice cubes to give it a little bit of a creamy taste.

Cheesecake Cloud bites-low carb and fairly low calorie if you use low fat cream cheese. You can find the recipe on pinterest or google.

Baked apple topped with cinnamon and a tiny bit of brown sugar and mmmm

There is a great recipe for pumpkin fluff on allrecipes.com and it's a pretty good snack with a couple of graham crackers. My fiancè likes it as well so it's a good one!

Diet root beer with 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream and you have a root beer float!

Low calorie hot cocoa really helps with a sweet tooth for me sometimes as well.

You can get the mini cups of ice cream like Ben and Jerry's or Edy's at the store and you won't go overboard like me! lol

Hope some of this helps!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I know it's kinda sad but I love it: 1tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tsp sugar/truvia, a cup of hot water and a splash of milk is perfect for a choco fix when I'm out of calories. I really like it.
  • BridgetWolfbear
    BridgetWolfbear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Chocolate-Peanut Butter Grahamwiches

4 whole chocolate graham crackers
    4 teaspoons reduced-fat peanut butter
    1/2 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed

It's a really good frozen treat! =)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Bump for later:-)
  • Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bumping...lots of great ideas for my sweet tooth!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas, a little almond milk, maybe some vanilla extract and/or a few pitted dates, maybe some cinnamon. Blend it up, and add crushed walnuts. Comes out just like ice cream.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love banana "Ice cream", taste just like the real thing! Sometimes I add cocoa powder or peanut butter to switch it up.