PLANT STRONG - ANYONE?

Options

Replies

• sprocketism
    sprocketism Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Without protein you're gonna be PLANT WEAK!!

I get more vitamins and minerals now than ever have, ever. I have nails that don't break anymore, clear skin, I wake up really wide awake, for the first time ever, and I've decreased my chances of unnecessary diseases dramatically. The actual results of the way I feel is the reason why I'm staying Plant Strong.

Yes, I need more beans and legumes, but right now I'm still trying to drop my last 10 lbs., so until then, I'm trying to get real filled up with greans, which equals mad amounts of vitamins with very low calories. No mal-nutrition here.
  • sprocketism
    Options
    Is anyone here Plant Strong? What exactly is that, you ask?
    I'm guessing not you after all the contradictions in your diary pertaining to your OP concerning your statements about not eating processed food.

Not trying to be rude but if you are trying to educate people on something it is best to back up your declarations with facts and evidence.

Kinda the approach I took... haha. If you're going to preach, at least practice it yourself.

Here's where you'll find interesting brain food:
    (on Netflix)

Forks Over Knives
    Hungry For Change
    Food Matters
    Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

These documentaries also have websites you can visit.

This Plant Strong lifestyle is about quality of life and health, eating as clean as possible to satisfy your body's un-evolved expectations (meaning, our body's have not changed since ancient times).
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You+gonna+eat+your+tots_fb352a_3163500.jpg

In for tots. They are plant strong, right?? Oh and the Bacon Cake!! That just looks OMG good. :love:
  • sprocketism
    Options
    I'm guessing not you after all the contradictions in your diary pertaining to your OP concerning your statements about not eating processed food.

Not trying to be rude but if you are trying to educate people on something it is best to back up your declarations with facts and evidence.

Do your own research before assuming you understand what we mean by "processed foods".

(on Netflix)

Forks Over Knives
    Hungry For Change
    Food Matters

This Plant Strong lifestyle is about quality of life and health, eating as clean as possible to satisfy your body's un-evolved expectations (meaning, our body's have not changed since ancient times).
  • sprocketism
    Options

In for tots. They are plant strong, right?? Oh and the Bacon Cake!! That just looks OMG good. :love:

No idea what tots is.
    I fully support bacon eaters, but I can honestly say, if I can avoid heart disease or other unnecessary diseases , then I will.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

No idea what tots is.
    I fully support bacon eaters, but I can honestly say, if I can avoid heart disease or other unnecessary diseases , then I will.
    Might want to read this
    Low saturated fat diets don't curb heart disease risk or help you live longer
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140305191429.htm
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Kinda the approach I took... haha. If you're going to preach, at least practice it yourself.

(on Netflix)

Forks Over Knives
    Hungry For Change
    Food Matters

No thanks, I'm not interested in being brainwashed.
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Where does Nescafe fall in the processed/food-like products debate then?!
  • TX_Rhon
    Options

When we talk about processed foods, we're referring to "food-like" products...convenience foods, if you will.

What is "food-like"? To me, canned tomato sauce is processed when I can make it from real tomatoes. Yes I googled the term and saw an article that gave Cool-Whip and Chez-Whiz as a reference as well as oreos.

Just curious.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Without protein you're gonna be PLANT WEAK!!

I get more vitamins and minerals now than ever have, ever. I have nails that don't break anymore, clear skin, I wake up really wide awake, for the first time ever, and I've decreased my chances of unnecessary diseases dramatically. The actual results of the way I feel is the reason why I'm staying Plant Strong.

Yes, I need more beans and legumes, but right now I'm still trying to drop my last 10 lbs., so until then, I'm trying to get real filled up with greans, which equals mad amounts of vitamins with very low calories. No mal-nutrition here.

Unfortunately you don't get extra credit for taking in extra vitamins once your surpassed your daily requirements. It doesn't make you "extra healthy".
  • sprocketism
    Options
    Just as an update, before people jump on to this post, this isn't meant to invite arguments, or political nonsense, especially from those who come unarmed and uneducated about the topic.

This post is meant for those of us who are Plant Strong, Vegetarian or Vegan who eat this way solely based on the HEALTH BENEFITS of a WHOLE FOODS, PLANT-BASED DIET.

Please read up on the Plant Strong subject before you come in blazing, ie: the "legal" foods of the Plant Strong lifestyle.

A good example of ignorance would be the subject of a home made marinara sauce, or wheat pasta. These are NOT processed foods. They are whole food, and plant-based.

Sugar Substitutes, Hot Dogs, Yogurt, Cheeses are examples of processed foods.

We are ALL here to motivate each other, however seems fit for us.
  • sprocketism
    Options
    Where does Nescafe fall in the processed/food-like products debate then?!

It's coffee. Coffee grows from the ground. Any other brilliant questions?
  • TX_Rhon
    Options
    No idea what tots is.

I'm not sure what I find more disturbing: that fact that you have not have tater tots (made from potatoes) or you haven't watched Napoleon Dynamite. :huh: :laugh:
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Freeze dried coffee grows in the ground now?
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I stopped smoking plants years ago.
    I blame the plants for making me want a snicker's.

exactly!:wink:
  • sprocketism
    Options

When we talk about processed foods, we're referring to "food-like" products...convenience foods, if you will.

What is "food-like"? To me, canned tomato sauce is processed when I can make it from real tomatoes. Yes I googled the term and saw an article that gave Cool-Whip and Chez-Whiz as a reference as well as oreos.

Just curious.

Please explain to me what the process was that took place in the canned tomatoes.

Do some research before posting please.
    See Forks Over Knives. It will answer all your questions.
  • browningrifles2014
    Options
    like moles ? and rabbits ?:smokin:
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Just curious.

Please explain to me what the process was that took place in the canned tomatoes.

Do some research before posting please.
    See Forks Over Knives. It will answer all your questions.

well.... the PROCESS of putting the tomatoes into a can in a manufacturing facility for example...
  • sprocketism
    Options
    Whats this "Clean Soup" you got goin on in your diary? Is that like a bowl of bleach or something?

251.gif

Vegetable broth, cabbage, cauliflower, garlic, spices, asparagus, spinach, or any other vegetables I have on hand, turned into a soup.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    The idea is to eat a whole foods, plant-based diet. The marinara sauce is home-made, fully plant strong, nothing processed, I eat whole wheat pastas, and wheat flour, which is used for wheat bread, sour dough bread, and wheat tortillas. The corn tortillas are 100% corn. So yes, they are "legal" in the plant strong lifestyle. Being Plant Strong, essentially, is a vegan lifestyle minus the "junk".

Happy Vegging!

Mara

Your diary on 3/11/14 - La Tortilla Factory, 100 Calorie Tortilla ingredients list: INGREDIENTS: WATER, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, CELLULOSE FIBER, WHEAT GLUTEN, RAISIN JUICE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING: GOLDEN FLAXSEED, CULTURED WHEAT (CULTURED WHEAT WITH ADDED VINEGAR), ALUMINUM FREE LEAVENING (SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, CORN STARCH, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SEA SALT, VINEGAR, CALCIUM CARBONATE, GUAR GUM, DOUGH CONDITIONER (SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE), XANTHAN GUM, TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS (SORBIC ACID, CALCIUM PROPIONATE).

all natural.