Looking for a buddy to start a cabbage soupe diet

Options
13»

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Should be called the break the bowl diet. Cabbage always gives me the runs.
    ..aaaaand that's why it works. :laugh:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I prefer my cabbage with corned beef. :love:

had that for lunch today actually, ive never seen so many people stare at a plate

Mine is in the crock pot, and I can't wait to get home and have some! :bigsmile:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Fad diets wont work but the soup recipe in this diet or any cabbage soup is actually very tasty and I make that sometimes.

I make it sometimes too. It is a great way to use up vegetables at the end of the week.

If you suffer from constipation...it does help with that.

Seriously though...it is a great low calorie way to get in some extra vegetables.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    the following gif makes as much sense as the cabbage soupe diet......possibly more.

weird-funny-gif-bush-brush.gif
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin_Vomit_by_inspiredcreativity.jpg

Love.This.Gif.:heart::heart: :flowerforyou:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Temporary diet = temporary results. Plus all the nasty breath, gas and other side effects mentioned.

How about you buddy up with someone who is eating normal food at a calorie deficit, doing a bit of exercise - things you can stick with and work into healthy habits for life?

tumblr_lunn3ziiFU1qfjd5jo1_250.gif
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the following gif makes as much sense as the cabbage soupe diet......possibly more.

weird-funny-gif-bush-brush.gif
    G.W. eats clean, but does he even lift?!?!?!
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Your gas is going to be out of control!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    oh God ... I remember doing that YEARS ago. A group of us did that diet at work. It makes me want to run to the bathroom just reading about it. Take my word for it ... DON'T DO IT!!! You will not lose any weight and even if you like cabbage you won't be able to eat it again for about 6 years !! Believe me, don't do it. I can't stand to eat a banana ever again and I used to like them. Your entire family AND the dog will hate you. .... No really, even if you do manage to lose a couple pounds doing it, it's not real weight loss. DON'T DO IT!! It'll be one of the most miserable weeks of your life.

Oh goodness, I've been LOL'in over this response like you wouldn't believe.
  • Alford96
    Alford96 Posts: 70
    Options
    tried it once in my younger and stupider days

got to day 4, started day 5-cue one of the WORST migraines of my life!!!

I really did like the way the soup tasted though.

didn't lose any weight-don't recomend it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    WUT?

Sugar free juice?
    No bananas day 1, then like 8 bananas day 3?
    Limitless beef?
    Huh.

I call Bull****_7bff3f_727444.png
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I did this diet over a decade ago. Trust me when I tell you that you will not lose fat. You will only lose water. Which means you'll gain it all back. This diet is used in some hospitals on super obese patients so that they can drop weight quickly in time for whatever surgery they need. I made the mistake of sticking to this diet for a month straight. It wrecked havoc on my body, eliminated my muscle strength and made my skin appear loose.

If you want a temporary quick fix, this diet is for you. If this is something you think will help you long term, unfortunately it's not the case. I am a big believer in doing a detox diet once a year. I've been doing that for years and I truly believe it's the reason why at 32 years old and obese I still feel good and haven't experienced any medically negative side effects of my weight condition.

Starting a weight loss program with detox is a fantastic idea. I've done the same. Different things work for different bodies and it's a matter of finding what is right for you. For me it's been juicing fresh veggies and fruit for a few days. I wish you the best on your journey with whatever you decide! Good luck!