Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Options

Replies

• ThirdxTheCharm
    Options
    Whoop Whoop! Another October 18th 2014 wedding here!
    Been engaged for a year already and lost 5kilos in that time. Another 10 to go... But it will be worth it when I see the my gorgeously toned arms in my strapless gown :drinker:
  • ShanekiaC
    ShanekiaC Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi. I am getting married May 17, 2014. My goal is to lose 25 by then. It is hard work
  • ShanekiaC
    Options
    I am aiming for tone arms as well
  • ShanekiaC
    Options
    Good luck you can do it
  • jlederman71
    jlederman71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Getting married May 17, 2014 as well! It is coming up quick! I would be happy with 10 more pounds by then... and hopefully toner arms too!!
  • Vsera
    Vsera Posts: 10
    Options
    Great Idea! Congrats on your engagement. I am also getting married this year. June 14th. Its coming up so soon! My goal is 18 more pounds to lose. Good luck!
  • mkm81
    mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in the final stretch and getting married on 5/17/14! I'm trying to drop a few more before then!
  • charris5313
    charris5313 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm getting married on July 5th (about 108 days... but who's counting?!). I was about 234 pounds when I bought my dress, not to mention many inches larger. I'm now worried that my dress will fall off of me (I'm 208 now and still losing...)
    Congrats to all the brides to be!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married in August and I am her matron of honor. I am hoping to lost at least another 30lbs by then. Currently at 228 now. We are supposed to be going dress shopping this weekend. NOT looking forward to that. Congratulations and you got this!
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Haha kinda. My sister is getting married (in August). I've been married for years. I'm a bridesmaid and although the dress she chose isn't too terrible, it's flattering to most body types, I still want to be smaller in pics so my motivation is a wedding, just not mine :)

Congrats to you!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Another bridesmaid here...

Sweating for my cousin's wedding in July in Italy! If I don't sweat before, I'll definitely be sweating on the day :-)

CW: 187lbs
    GW: 173lbs
    Goal Loss: 14lbs
    Wedding date: July 4th 2014
  • denisewagner2014
    denisewagner2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am also getting married, June 16, beach wedding. I have started this journey again like I have so many times before. Would be nice to be able to keep it off. Hoping to loose at least 20 lbs before I can into the dress. Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How funny, my profile says "shedding for the wedding" lol close I guess.

Congrats on your wedding! I am getting married 5/17/14.

I joined this group a while back,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17597-wedding-soon-brides-grooms

Feel free to join, it could use some more members :)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats to all the brides to be! I'm getting married May 9, 2015 and looking to lose 60 pounds! Feel free to add me as well! :flowerforyou: :heart: :love:
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not yet married, but my boyfriend and I have been in talks of an engagement and possible wedding year. I decided I wanted to get healthier and in better shape mostly for myself but also for the future. I don't want to be super over weight at my wedding and I don't want to be over weight when I decide to have children. I am looking forward to marrying my honey at some point in my life and I am looking forwards to getting in better shape for both the future and myself! If you want you can add me,
  • nikig29
    nikig29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also sweating for the wedding. Our date is 11/15/14. I'm hoping to lose about 20 pounds by then. I already bought my dress and they don't recommend sizing it down more than 2 sizes so my goal of 20 pounds should be obtainable. Feel free to add me and we can support each other!

Good Luck Ladies!
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!
    We're getting married in early July - 4 months.
    I've not got much to lose but its that stubborn kind of weight that simply refuses to move!

Best of luck all you brides (and bridesmaids to be)
  • tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I accidentally lost about 45 pounds the year before my wedding. I say accidentally because the wedding wasn't the reason I started working out and eating better, so it just sort of worked out that way. It will be SOOO worth it for you. I love that in all my wedding pictures I look like a skinny mini (well, skinny for me, anyway). It also made me feel like a gorgeous bride on my big day. Don't give up!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Not a bride, but Oct 18th is me and my boyfriend's 5 year anniversary! <3

I wish you luck, and congrats on the engagement! :)
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wedding Date: Sunday, December 21, 2014 ♥

I'm 5'2" and I've been kind of at this for about 6 weeks now. Just starting to figure out the nutrition thing.

SW: 150
    GW: 120 (by the wedding)
    UGW: 115
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!