1000 days, 130+ pounds lost (w/ too many pics!)

Options

Replies

• tracys2166
    tracys2166 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an inspiration you are and Congratulations
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your inspiring story and all the photos. I'm just starting, and like you, I'm 5'11". I'm starting at 275 lb (and my goal is 200). Its great to see a practical, and inspiring, success story of another tall woman - and you tell your story so beautifully. It helps me realize that losing the weight IS possible.... Lorraine in Toronto

You can totally do this - you're already on your way. Just commit to living like a 200 pound person instead of a 275 pound person and you will become it. I literally used to run that through my head when I made a choice. "Would a healthy person choose this, or is it choice an obese person makes?" Sometimes asking that question meant I ate it, or skipped a workout - a healthy person enjoys treats that are worth it, and is flexible enough to skip the gym to take in an important experience. But an obese person is the one who sneaks another piece of cake from the break room and eats it alone at her desk, or buys a bag of salty treats and mindlessly eats it, or hits the drive thru for a 450 calorie muffin on the way to work even though she's already had breakfast (ugh, those french toast muffins from caribou coffee that I used to eat twice a week!!).

I don't need to ask those questions of myself anymore but they definitely helped me solidify my choices.

Live like the person you want to be and your body will catch up.
  • MoniYum
    MoniYum Posts: 10
    Options
    Great story. The pics are wonderful and you are a fantastic writer.
    Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!
  • hottbutch
    hottbutch Posts: 46
    Options
    Amazing! Reading your journey made me cry! Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!

I love all the photos.

And I nearly fell off my chair when you mentioned your scale...and peanut butter...and chocolate chips. I have been there, too!

Thanks for taking time to post, you're fantastic!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome. Something to actually look forward to. :) Great job.
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    I love Kerry Washington!!!

girl you look amazing! congrats, congrats, congrats!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I think I love you! lol Not strangely of course ;) I am 5'11 and started out slightly higher at 330 and am on my way to 180ish as my goal and I truly hope to get there just like you! I am down 60lbs and coming up on my 1 yr anniversary in May, thank you for being such an inspiration! SO much of what you said resonates with me, the no diet thing, still eating yummy stuff but in moderation, I don't want to give up something for life except being fat!

Congrats on your hard work!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    One of the best success stories ever!! Inspiring and touching. You're an amazing person!!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    What you described is the philosophy I am applying to my journey. you are truly an inspiration. Thank you.
  • alaroge90
    alaroge90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I love your take on living the best life you can, this is exactly what I needed to get through my recent setback.
  • Michelegg
    Michelegg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous, you give me hope and motivation. Your quote is my favorite one as well and your whole post was just beautifully written. Made me a little teary eyed. :) I'm so happy for you!
  • eightcowwife
    eightcowwife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing, what an inspiration you are!! I have 100 lbs to lose to be a healthy weight. Thank you for being an inspiration!
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    it is always awesome to see someone around my height have success,(actually is is awesome to see any success). You look fantastic!!
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and pics. You look great! Great motivation for everyone! :-)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Made my day. Love the pink chucks. I have a pair myself for the weight room.
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration, I loved every word you typed, just the testimony alone drew me in and I wanted to read more, then the pictures came and I see how incredibly strong you are. You look fantastic and your hard work and determination clearly shows!!:drinker: <--- water in those glasses!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!
  • kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring. You look wonderful. Congratulations on your journey.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    pretty much the best post i ever read. thanks for the chills you gave me! great work. great story. and congrats on your 1000 days!
    ^^^THIS^^^!! There's so much I could say, but everyone has pretty much said it all. Your philosophies are some of the best I've read here in quite a few years. I don't know you, yet I'm VERY proud of you!
    I won't say "Have a Happy Life" because you definitely will. Congratulations on taking the best care of you that you possibly could!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!