Weight vs Size

Options

Replies

• Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and 142lbs. I wear a UK size 12, which (I think) is a US size 8 :)
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    5'6'' and have been down to 140's, before weight training, and solid size 8 at the time... Now up to 152 with weight training, and still solidly in an 8... Its all about the muscles!
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 (and a bit) and 160lb and fit into a UK size 12 very comfortably but I don't think I'll ever be a size 10 even if/when I reach my goal weight because I have broad shoulders, wide hips and a big chest!
    I think if there was a size 11 that's what I would be right now but I don't actually hold much weight around my hips any more after losing quite a bit of weight so I don't think they'll ever fit into a 10!
    I'm also quite scared of trying a 10 on in shops because I'm worried that I won't fit into it and that'll just make me very self concious of my body whereas when I put on a 12 I feel good about my body

This is really interesting! I am a UK size 12, 5ft 4 but I weigh 146lb. I guess I have no muscle!
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, about 132lbs.
    I wear a UK size 10 and sometimes a 12. Idk whether it's because I'm quite big or because I'm tall. I used to be able to wear an 8!
  • Stefmoray
    Stefmoray Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some of your replies really make me feel better! I have been really struggling with what the scale is reading (168). I used to be 5'7 now 5'51/2 and I'm 49. I had gotten to 142 at my smallest and people told me I was very thin. I exercise alot. I do boot camps and walk/jog, ride my bike and I am tracking calories but I've only been consistent with this the past couple of months. I am not dropping any weight but I know I have good muscle tone and I am eating pretty healthy. I have a sedentary job so I have to exercise before and/or after work. I'm in a size 10 or 12 pants. The weight though really bothers me, embarrasses me at the doctors office, etc.
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" or 5'9" and I float between 145-150 and usually wear a 6, but at my smallest, I was about 135 and a size 3/4. I tend to fit better in 4's and 5's when I'm closer to 140 although I own some 5 jeans that I fit perfectly into now. My heaviest I was about 175ish and easily a 12. not much lost on the scale, but a huge change in size!

Muscle is wonderful y'all!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i am 5'5 and weigh 140 lbs wearing medium top and size 8 pants(i guess). Have not purchased new jeans in long time!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and before I was pregnant (35.5 weeks now!) I was 154lbs and a UK size 10/12 (US 6/8). I had some trousers I'd bought on holiday in the US years ago in a size 8 and they were loose on me.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 271 pounds at the moment. On my bottom I'm a size 22, and I can fit into a size 20 but it's pretty tight. On the top I'm an 18/20. When I started MFP I was 340, size 26 bottom and size 24 tops. So 70 pounds has gotten me down just two dress sizes. However, it's the smallest I've ever been, so I'll take it! :drinker:
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 170 lbs and I'm a size 10-12 depends on the cut. My thighs are wider than my hips in addition I have a butt. What gets me is that when I wear jeans I have to go to a 12 because of my thighs/butt and the fact that I have a deep arch in my lower back so at times the back of the jeans sticks out. I'm blessed that I haven't lost my breast and my hubby is happy about that as well. I drop in size faster that weight i.e inches over pounds.

I must be shopping in the wrong place LOL. I am also 5'2" weigh 173 I wear comfortably size 16 and snugly a 14. Sounds like our shapes are very similar as well.

ETA- Maybe I'm just to scared to try on something smaller :/
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 122lb. I've gone from a large size 10 to a small 8, (UK size) but not lost any weight! I've actually gained weight.
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    I'm also 5''5 but I'm also very small framed (which I do not see as a blessing lol) basically means I'm at 120ish lbs right now and I'm a high uk size 10 , I would like to be size 8 though :)
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite: I can drop the weight, but my sizes haven't changed much. I am short (5'2) and about 187lbs. I carry most of my weight in my hips, thighs, butt. Having lost 30 something pounds only dropped me one pant size, to a size 16. Oh, and of course, I've about lost what boobs I did have :(

Oh yes i loose my boobs fast, ive been told to try the squat challenfge for my butt and thighs so gonna try that...

I would love to lose some boob weight, but it just won't budge! I want normal bras :c

But back to your original question: I am 5'9" and 137.5lbs, and I wear a pants size 8. My shirt sizes vary wildly (see above boob problem), and my middle refuses to slim down. My thighs/arms/face drop weight very quickly, but my tummy pouch is very prominent.
  • kragusa38
    kragusa38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite: I can drop the weight, but my sizes haven't changed much. I am short (5'2) and about 187lbs. I carry most of my weight in my hips, thighs, butt. Having lost 30 something pounds only dropped me one pant size, to a size 16. Oh, and of course, I've about lost what boobs I did have :(

There's a lot more room in larger sizes, from one to the other there's several inches. Once you get to 14s you'll see you can drop down sizes rather quickly, depending on the brand of course.

It took me more than 10 lbs to go from size 20, another 15 lbs 18 to 16 -- size 16 went by so quickly that I didn't have a chance to wear some work pants, completely outgrew them. But now I've been wearing size 14 now for less than 2 weeks and its already really big on me.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I feel like weight is really not a good indicator at all. Im still at a higher weigh but have a decent amount of muscle so Im smaller than most would be at my weight. Anyways Im 5'5" and I weight 191. Im a size 10 or 12 in pants and usually a large sometimes a medium on top but thats mostly due to my boobs lol.
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even. I weigh 157 and am just starting to fit into a 12. I still feel very big and my goal is 140. I worry I'll still be big then but we'll have to wait and see as 17 lbs might make a difference. All that said, I'm looking much better than when I wore size 22.
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and hovering around 190... I wear a 10/12 pants, and but XL tops still to accommodate big shoulders and boobage.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting to see people with similar height and weight, yet such a variety in sizes!

I am 5'5, 143 lbs and I typically wear a size 6 in pants, and usually a small in tops. But this tends to vary store to store, which is maybe why some of us have such different sizes listed.

All of my dress slacks for work are a size 6 from Macy's, and my new favorite jeans are a size 6 from Kohl's, J.Lo brand. However, I have pants from H&M that are a size 12 UK, which I think is equivalent to a size US 10. I felt SO embarrassed when I went in to the dressing room with 6/8's and had to go back for bigger sizes!! Can anyone explain why this happens?
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weighed in at 161.5 this morning. I'm in a size 10, medium top/bottom. Started at 174 in a size 14 (on the loose side), large top/bottom. My boobs have almost gone non-existent since working out, which makes my husband and I kinda sad :( But I'll take healthy good body over boobs any day!
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 179 lbs., a 10 or 12 in pants, 14/16 or L in dresses or tops (boobs that will never shrink :) ). I am rather square shaped and short-waisted (34" inseam) with very little difference between my waist and hips: 36" waist and 40.5" hips. At my tiniest I weighed 120lbs and wore a size 4 (pre-boobs) but my waist was still 28" and my hips 32". I have NO butt or hips to speak of, have to have all my clothes (pants) tailored. I don't know what happened with me!