Ugh....just can't keep logging

Options
123457»

Replies

• rcm1579
    rcm1579 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been logging for over a year and I think it helps me tremendously. I have problems with portions. Even if I do go over, at least I can see WHERE I overate and try to fix it next time.
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oops! Business person :smile:
  • ABsolute85
    ABsolute85 Posts: 156
    Options
    Don't put so much pressure on yourself....missing a day or two here or there isn't going to kill you and certainly won't make it all come back...the key is to be aware of what you are eating and how much you should eat...you don't need the log to do that....although it does help to teach you that awareness...
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    Just had this conversation with my husband today :)

I lost 100 lbs about 4 years ago and didn't count calories. I paid attention to what I ate. i ate less. I only drank 64 calorie beer (I know it's not real beer to those particular about beer....) and I moved a lot more. A lot more. I portioned my desserts and swapped unhealthy treats like Doritos for better options like light popcorn.

I stsalled out at some point and decided to start counting caloriesa nd it's been a struggle for me. I've half assed tried for the past couple of years to lose about 20 lbs and I've really just maintained. I haven't been dedicated to it as I'm living my life and loving it. UNtil now.

I NEED a change. I am ready to do this. So I started logging my calories again and being more active and I have lost on average a pound a week for the past couple months.

And now I'm toying with the idea of not counting my calories and not logging for a few weeks. I know what I should and shuoldn't eat. I know when I eat when I'm bored. I know when I eat too much of this or too much of that.

I also know that logging has made me more obsessive than usual. I know that at the end of the day if I haven't eaten "enoguh" i feel like I should eat even if I'm not hungry. I know that I feel guilty the second I log my calories. I know that I have issues that I need to talk to someone about regarding food etc and logging exacerbates them at times.

Not everyone is the same. You don't NEED to log calories to lose weight. You do need to have a decificit however you choose to gauge that. It's dangerous to not count and log but it can be done. Eat less of your husband's dinner, eat one less snack, go for an extra walk etc. Use intution if you want.

Obviously calorie counting works and logging works and there are a million great benefits to it but don't feel shame if you decide to NOT do it - but be careful, too.

I was having this exact same conversation with my husband too. I lost 65lbs without logging and just over the last few months decided to try logging since I wasn't really making a lot of progress on the scale. Yes, logging was interesting and exciting at the start but it really has made me kinda obsessive about my food. I honestly never put so much thought into what i was putting into my mouth before this..I was measuring things but I didn't worry about every little thing i put in my mouth like i do now. Things i was eating before when i was loosing have now been cut out at times because I'm afraid to go over my numbers. It kinda makes me feel I'm on a 'diet' as opposed to a 'lifestyle' change. I always seem to resist the idea of the diet mentality and failed each and every time in the past so this way of thinking concerns me. I think this may be the reason why I've been struggling lately with my food. I'm actually thinking of stopping logging all together and go back to just following my instincts. I was a much happier and less stressed person before logging and i was seeing success on the scale. It may be a bit slower than if I logged but I think i may just be fine with that. ;) It's not for everyone. I guess you have to find out what works for you and go with that.