Options

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Not to start a debate but I always said "Natural beauty requires no makeup"

well, that blows....

:laugh: I love you!

I think it's nice to go without, but it's also fun to wear it. Just like yoga pants are nice, but so is a sexy dress. And I do see your point about nail polish. I think being a scientist...it just seems unhygenic to have long nails that you cant see through with god know what underneath. (I'm weird about this though).
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I actually agree.

I posted in the other thread as well. I LOVE makeup and do myself up when I go to work as I do work in a legal office.

But on the weekends or when I'm at home, I don't wear anything and i feel alot better and my boyfriend tells me all the time I actually look better without it.

I love buying makeup and get done up for work but I love being without it as well
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Statistically speaking, I'm pretty sure my husband and I have sex more often when I have makeup on. So...I'll keep wearing makeup and continue to care less if other people think I'm vain for doing so.

Uh oh, did this thread turn ugly?

All I've ever seen in your photos is hotness (as evidenced in your profile pic). I've never noticed any makeup. My eyes were busy elsewhere I guess. :laugh:

Nah, no ugliness. I just got a bad vibe since I commented on the makeup thread that the OP is referring to. Nothing but feel-goodz in that one.

Thanks for the lovely compliment, though. :happy:
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i love makeup. you can do lots of stuff with it
  • faytherubea
    faytherubea Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I don't have any on people start asking me if I'm feeling okay, that's how washed out I look without it. That said, I only wear it to work or if I'm going out. I leave the house for work twice a week and I rarely go out, so there's that.

Me, too! I wear some light eye make up to work, because otherwise everyone asks if I am getting sick. I almost never wear make up anywhere else, mostly because I just don't want to bother with it.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I try to imitate Rolanda when I get dressed up to go out. She's so pretty!

38a78a2a6806898ec117cc0ba432a845.jpg
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a lot of makeup. However, when I go to work, go out, etc., I do like to look well put together.. I don't wear makeup to the gym. I don't freak out about wearing makeup to the grocery story. Everyday I do put some effort into being my best. I'm not one to sit around in PJ's all day either. The better you look, the better you feel!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I prefer women who don't wear a lot of makeup. Some is ok, but natural is just as good to me. If there is too much, you either look like a *kitten* or clown, both of which are not desirable to me.

Just out of curiosity, could you provide an example of someone with a "natural" look?

Yeah, my wife hardly ever wears makeup. There's a few people in my friends list that don't. Want more?

I think she was asking for pics.
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Last time I put on makeup my husband said - "What did you do to your face." LOL when I told him I just put a little make-up on he said "I mean it looks ok - I'm just not used to it".
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    To the men replying here saying they like "natural" girls without makeup - let's get one thing straight. You don't know a damn thing about makeup and, if it's done correctly, you won't notice it's even there! Those girls you say are "naturally beautiful" - I bet at least half of them have makeup on. As if men are even observant enough to notice such things. You know you're too busy staring at our chests and butts to notice if there's makeup on our faces anyway.

I am referring to the fresh face look right after a shower.
    actually kind of insulted by that remark.
    Personally, i fall for the eyes first.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    NO MAKE UP DAILY but i will put some on if i feel like it. I am more of a tom boy but sometimes the girly comes out...LOL Most days it wouldn't last because of my work...like wearing it to the gym. Everyone has always told me i look great without it anyway. Natural beauty is great. Saves money too...HAHA
  • jemartin80
    Options
    I like makeup. It taste like the chalk stick that come in packs of fun dip.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Statistically speaking, I'm pretty sure my husband and I have sex more often when I have makeup on. So...I'll keep wearing makeup and continue to care less if other people think I'm vain for doing so.

Uh oh, did this thread turn ugly?

All I've ever seen in your photos is hotness (as evidenced in your profile pic). I've never noticed any makeup. My eyes were busy elsewhere I guess. :laugh:

Nah, no ugliness. I just got a bad vibe since I commented on the makeup thread that the OP is referring to. Nothing but feel-goodz in that one.

Thanks for the lovely compliment, though. :happy:

Yeah, I missed that other topic. Good thing I am 'working from home' today and get time to catch up on the boards.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Not to start a debate but I always said "Natural beauty requires no makeup"

well, that blows....

:laugh: I love you!

I think it's nice to go without, but it's also fun to wear it. Just like yoga pants are nice, but so is a sexy dress. And I do see your point about nail polish. I think being a scientist...it just seems unhygenic to have long nails that you cant see through with god know what underneath. (I'm weird about this though).

I love you, too, but I don't wear nail polish.... :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I ask my husband if I should wear makeup or not, he always says no makeup. He does prefer the ultra natural look. Because even if I wear a dash of blush, it's still a natural look. It's just his preference. Also when I ask if I should wear clothes or not, he says no clothes. :wink:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    To the men replying here saying they like "natural" girls without makeup - let's get one thing straight. You don't know a damn thing about makeup and, if it's done correctly, you won't notice it's even there! Those girls you say are "naturally beautiful" - I bet at least half of them have makeup on. As if men are even observant enough to notice such things. You know you're too busy staring at our chests and butts to notice if there's makeup on our faces anyway.

I am referring to the fresh face look right after a shower.
    actually kind of insulted by that remark.
    Personally, i fall for the eyes first.

Be insulted. I don't mind.
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    I rarely wear make up. I'm not very good at this girling thing...

I love it...i always think "ooooooo the pretty colors" but if I have 5 minute in the morning to slap something on my face or 5 minutes in the morning to spend talking to my daughter over cereal, I'm going to pick my daughter.

When I DO wear make up, usually I get "Hey...you look....shinier....fresher.....perkier" today....maybe because I tend to wear it neutral as I work in a professional setting...

make up (while pretty) doesn't define me...i'm good with or without it.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm not a makeup person either. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I grew up watching my mom spend so much time putting it on and taking it off and panicking over someone seeing her without it or wouldn't go swimming because her face would get messed up, etc..., I just never wanted the hassle. My mother was and is beautiful with and without makeup, I just always felt like if she wouldn't have started wearing makeup in the first place, maybe she could've avoided all that. But if it makes her feel good and she doesn't mind putting in the effort, so be it. I just know, I don't want to live like that.