No makeup

Options

Replies

• savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't like nailpolish; I have stubby little fingernails.
    As for makeup --- usually on special occasions only. I have very sensitive skin and my eyes will react with a lot of products. I love to play around with it and do funky eyeliners and colour. It's fun. Makeup is fun;usually I don't have time to put it on in the morning so mine lasts for a LONG time. And I buy really specific makeup for my needs.

I just don't like cakey makeup. Just my opinion.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I prefer women who don't wear a lot of makeup. Some is ok, but natural is just as good to me. If there is too much, you either look like a *kitten* or clown, both of which are not desirable to me.

tumblr_inline_mgbwpedrvW1qmk5sn.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't want to start a battle on the makeup thread. I see a lot of people posting there that they love makeup and nail polish and love to wear it and feel prettier with it.

My own personal take is that I don't like to wear it and I feel lighter and better when I don't wear it. I do wear some of it when I have to (to work and for weddings, big epic nights out and stuff) but I usually can't wait to wash my face.
    Usually I just have a little eyeliner maybe, and that's it.

I don't like wearing nail polish on my fingers.

Maybe I'm the only girl who feels that way?
    I don't mind wearnig makeup, but I don't love it. I don't wear it daily -- not even to work. I only wear it when I go out and especially if there will be candid photos being taken. I don't have makeup on in pretty much any of my pictures here or even on Facebook.

I never wear foundation, either.

I like nail polish, but it drives me insane if there's even the tiniest chip and when I try to wear it on my fingers (my toes are always painted), it is guaranteed to chip within an hour of application. So I don't bother.
  • I think the thing about makeup is: How is it used? If you're using it to over flaws ad imperfections than of course you'll hate, but if you use it like I do, to enhance your natural beauty then you love it.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I think the thing about makeup is: How is it used? If you're using it to over flaws ad imperfections than of course you'll hate, but if you use it like I do, to enhance your natural beauty then you love it.

I don't really think that's it for me. It's just tedious, even though it really doesn't take me long to put it on when I wear it.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a sick obsession with makeup, have too much, and wear it every day.

Some of my girl friends wear nothing more than tinted lip balm when they get fancy.

We're still friends...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think the thing about makeup is: How is it used? If you're using it to over flaws ad imperfections than of course you'll hate, but if you use it like I do, to enhance your natural beauty then you love it.

I don't really think that's it for me. It's just tedious, even though it really doesn't take me long to put it on when I wear it.
    I use it to enhance my beauty and not to cover flaws. I still don't love it. Some women just don't care that much about makeup. And some of us are quite happy with the way we look without it.

One of the reasons I don't wear foundation is I LOVE my freckles and don't want to cover them. I went to a Mary Kay party las year and she put foundation/powder on my face and I looked weird and like a stranger to myself. It looked awful.

If I wear makeup, it's usually no more than some mascara and a little blush. SOMETIMES eyeliner and shadow. No more then that, though.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I always wear foundation when I go out. It's hard to let the "natural beauty" out when you have rosacea which gives you a red uneven skin tone. Otherwise I don't wear much usually just foundation,mascara and some lip balm. Unfortunately not everyone's natural beauty comes with great even skin.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I prefer women who don't wear a lot of makeup. Some is ok, but natural is just as good to me. If there is too much, you either look like a *kitten* or clown, both of which are not desirable to me.

tumblr_inline_mgbwpedrvW1qmk5sn.gif

You're so sexy. Don't let anyone tell you different.
  • Happilynaked
    Options
    Make-up! The key to this compound word is “UP.” Makeup should enhance the beauty that already exist; however, makeup has transformed into cover-up. I need to know the truth underneath the mask…..
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

One of the reasons I don't wear foundation is I LOVE my freckles and don't want to cover them. I went to a Mary Kay party las year and she put foundation/powder on my face and I looked weird and like a stranger to myself. It looked awful.

I am a brunette with freckles only across the bridge of my nose and cheeks but I love mine, too. Even though I do wear foundation and powder daily, it's sheer enough that the freckles can be seen. My mom has the same freckles and she ALWAYS hides them under layers of thick foundation. While she's an attractive woman, I don't really get that. She had surgery recently and was fresh faced and one of the nurses from the recovery room came out to the waiting area to find me and when she looked at me she said, "AWW I bet you are Ms. M's daughter you have the same cute freckles as she does!!" No one ever said that before, because my mom always hides that "flaw"...

I know someone else posted about makeup clogging pores and causing acne etc. I just thought I'd add that my mom and I both have very clear skin (and always have) despite a combined many, many decades of going to bed with our makeup on, lol. She has almost no wrinkles at 63. Unfortunately I will probably be a Shar-Pei at her age by the look of my dad's side of the family...but still. Not because of makeup wearing ;-)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am a professional makeup artist. I only wear makeup to work.

Same here. I love makeup and love to play with it but on my days off I am definitely makeup free.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I love make up I have loved it since I was 13

I wear it and own lots of it because I love it & it is fun ....however I feel 100% comfortable and have no problem going naked faced in public/wherever whenever

and I have terrible rosacea too..but could give less of a fvck and still go out when my skin is scary as all hell looking with out make up
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love makeup, it's fun and you can express yourself with it. The drastic makeup where you look completely different is one thing though. Ever see contouring before and after photos? Now that is crazy!
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Same as OP.. I never wear make up. I never learned how to put it on. I feel weird when I do.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    <<<<< just that one time.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Oh, nail polish drives me bonkers! I can't stand the way it makes my finger nails feel. If I wear polish I generally stick to clear or nude and once it starts to chip even a little I just take it all off.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I wear make up and nail polish. I don't look like a clown. I look natural and fresh faced and pretty.

Nail polish is a fun form of self-expression. I put purple streaks in my hair, and I do creative things with my nails. Things like that make me feel more confident. Get a good top coat and you wont' have to deal with the chipping as much, but yeah, you'll probably need to re-do them once a week or so. That's cool, I'm ready for something new by then anyway.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I wear mineral powder to even some stuff out and a little mascara. That's about it. I'm too lazy to do anything else. I don't paint nails either (I do have my piggies done). Hell, I barely do my hair. If it takes maintenance from me, i'm out.

Makeup is fun to do when you are going out or some other special event. But I stay home like a hermit. I'm just TOO lazy for makeup. And trying to keep it up during the day, ugh. No thanks.

I admire girls that put so much time into their appearance. I wish I cared more. But I just don't lol
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm ugly as f**k without makeup.