My husband cheating

Options

Replies

• cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Your family has been under a great deal of stress it sounds like, not taking up for hubby AT ALL:noway: , but from a psychological standpoint it's common that he might try to reach out to someone outside of your family troubles.....but he needs to turn to you, not away from you right now. Don't boot him just yet, try to work it out.

I was thinking the same thing, it may be his way to "escape" the pain of losing a child.
    I'm sure there is additional stress in your relationship now and maybe the communication and sex life is not what it once was but that is understandable after what you are going through.
    You definitely need to talk to him before it gets worse and find out what things you can work on together.
    I would advise counseling and I find that the best counseling comes from a pastor and the bible if you attend church.
    Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better. Nobody deserves to be kicked when they are down like that. I hope something tremendous happens for you. Like the news story I heard a few years back where a lady had been dumped by her boyfriend and a few weeks later she won several million in the lottery. I loved that story, and always thought that was so perfect. Yeah, you should go buy a lottery ticket. Take care of yourself.:flowerforyou:
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    At first when I read the subject of your post I thought he must be cheating on his diet or something....but whoa! I'd say leave, but thats easier said than done....I know that from experience! Prehaps he is acting out due to the death of a son...there is no way to tell...It's hard to give advice about a relationship when you don't know much about the couple. TRY to stay calm....fighting isnt going to fix anything. Try to get him to open up and be honest about whats going on with him emotionally. Counseling wouldn't hurt, but both have to be willing to listen even if you don't want to hear what the other is saying. My heart goes out to you...if he doesn't want to get help with you at least get some for yourself. You have a lot on you right now just dealing with the death of a child...and now this! :brokenheart: I'm very sorry. If you ever want to just chat one on one, my yahoo screenname is brokensoul376

Toni D:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh, Annmarie, I'm so sorry to hear about your son and your husband. I couldn't imagine losing one of my kids. No advice about your husband but please know you're in my prayers. May God bless you and give you comfort. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your son, and now this with your husband? Not to excuse his behavior AT ALL, but I do think sometimes people do crazy things when racked with grief. I know when my mom died, as much as I wanted to rely on my family for support, it was hard because they lost her too, and my grief brought up their grief....my dad lost his wife, my grandparents lost their daughter.....it was very hard to lean on someone who was just as debilitated by the loss as I was.

I think counselinig is defintely a good place to start, to help save your marriage and also help you deal with the loss of your son. My heart goes out to you, you'll be in my prayers.:heart:
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss and your husband. I will keep you in my prayers. :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so so sorry to hear about everything that has been happening....(((HUGS)))
    This must be such a hard time for you....
    I hope that some how things work out.
  • annmarie4ever
    Options
    My son wasnt my husbands nor did they have a close relationship so I cant excuse him there. BTW I confronted him on the phone and he admitted to trying using the excuse hed never ACTUALLY DID ANYTHING. You thought it you went looking for it so as far as I am concerned you did it. i told him the only reason he didnt do anything is because no one took him up on it.
    What comes around goes around.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    So sorry you are going through so much right now.
    No advice, just my support and good wishes.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm SO sorry for the loss of your son and for the hurt you are going through with your husband. I can't even imagine going through either! I don't think I have words that can make things better but just know you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

-Tami
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Your family has been under a great deal of stress it sounds like, not taking up for hubby AT ALL:noway: , but from a psychological standpoint it's common that he might try to reach out to someone outside of your family troubles.....but he needs to turn to you, not away from you right now. Don't boot him just yet, try to work it out.

I was thinking the same thing, it may be his way to "escape" the pain of losing a child.
    I'm sure there is additional stress in your relationship now and maybe the communication and sex life is not what it once was but that is understandable after what you are going through.
    You definitely need to talk to him before it gets worse and find out what things you can work on together.
    I would advise counseling and I find that the best counseling comes from a pastor and the bible if you attend church.
    Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:

I have to agree. You both have suffered a great lose. Try to work through this for your other children. Try to find out what he is thinking. He needs to know that you are upset and feel this is wrong.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you:flowerforyou:

Take care of yourself.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I know everyone has said it, but I, too, am SO very sorry for the loss of your son. I just found out yesterday that the son of a good friend of mine committed suicide on Saturday. I just can not imagine what you are going thru. Please know you are in my prayers. Also, I would not do anything with the hubby thing until (if and when) you have proof. Someone suggested showing him what you have, that is a good idea....but I would also wait until you have solid proof that something is going on. Stress can do strange things to people...they cope in different ways. I eat. But counseling is a wonderful suggestion...
    Blessings!
    Kathey
  • delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    I can imagine all the emotions you must be having...

All I want to say is:
    PUT YOURSELF FIRST
    (They always say put your oxygen mask on first before helping others)

Is there any way that you can take your emotions and use them as a force for powerful and lasting change in your life?

There are lots of great resources online for infidelity (that's what this situation would be referred to if he "didn't do anything"). Google 'emotional infidelity' - that's what I did when I was having issues with this and I learned a lot. Actually, I was able to save my marriage and make it stronger after all was said and done.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have delt with this but he actually did cheat. We were going through an really rough time and lost our communication and he cheated. We are still together. I will never forget but I did forgive, it depends on the situation. We are happier than we ever were and I know he will never do that again. We have been together 20 years and I feel it was worth working it out. I am soo sorry to hear about your son Hugs for you. I would find out for sure and go from there. :flowerforyou:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Echoing the sentiments here. My heart breaks for you.:brokenheart: :cry:

I agree with those who have said that people sometimes "act out" when racked with grief. That doesn't explain or excuse his behavior but it might be worth looking at with a counselor. You've already had a huge loss . . . go slow with making decisions right now.

Meanwhile, hugs to you.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

I totally agree. The both of you are going through something no parent should have to go through, and sometimes, it's easier to turn to someone else who isn't involved at all because the issue is not so in-your-face. IMHO, the two of you need to find a way to turn to each other for healing and to move forward. I hope you can find a way back to each other. *bear hugs*
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm SO sorry for the loss of your precious son....

I think the question is...will DH go to counseling and talk about why he did what he did (he was looking, but he wasn't going to seal the deal?)
    There has to be a reason for his actions....maybe it is steaming from grief...
    I know you said your son and Dh didn't have a close relationship...but he still may be grieving....maybe he is reacting to your grief (not in any way shape or form excusing his behavior)

Deep down...do you believe him?
    Do you think this has been going on longer...or could it be a response mechanism if it's been only the past 2 mnths?
    Do you have the energy right now to work on fixing your relationship?
    Is it worth fixing?
    Follow your heart and your gut....but please...I know you have been through something truely horrific....but don't settle for less....you deserve someone who loves you and will be faithful to you in every sense of the word

((HUGS))
    Kim
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What a tragic loss, I am so sorry about your son.:cry: I agree-maybe try some counseling. At least try. And I wll be praying for your family.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I think this is very sound advice. I would get into some couseling, going together would be the best, but if he's unwilling, go alone. There is no excuse for what he's doing, but there may be some reasons which have nothing to do with you or his devotion to you. Men often have difficulty dealing with emotions and look for some kind of escape. The fact that he was online and hadn't actually done anything is significant. I hope that you can get through this horrible time together.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:

Losing your son was hard enough....

If you need help, this website is wonderful: http://www.troubledwith.com/

I use it when I have trouble with my teens and have gotten valuable insight into how to talk to them.