132 pounds lost!

Options
Hi, I am new to my fitness pal, but I am here because I want some motivation to keep working on getting my last 20 pounds lost and be in the normal "BMI" range for my height. I have already lost 132 pounds off of my 4'11" frame since October 2009. I lost my weight by doing ketogenic low carb, and have made the commitment to watch carbs for the rest of my life. I plan to stay ketogenic until finishing my weight loss, and then moving to maintenance of 75 or less carbs a day for life.

I plan on using MFP to keep track of my foods. I used another website for a long time, but I like the feature on MFP much better because you don't have to pay to manually change your goals in daily nutrition.

Here are some progress pictures.

Recent November 2010 - 130 pounds lost.
74276_664420679053_58200545_36244758_1726590_n.jpg

Sept/October 2010 - 120 pounds lost.
67623_651383166333_58200545_35975997_291327_n.jpg

April 2010 - 87 pounds lost.
27101_615077508163_58200545_34873522_3432498_n.jpg

Jan 2010 - 68 pounds lost.
18076_597783101293_58200545_34394925_3104048_n.jpg

A comparison progress of me at my largest (one of the only photos I have from the beginning) to 115 pounds lost in August 2010.
40169_635726133153_58200545_35544651_443001_n.jpg

Besides losing 132 pounds, I have gone from a size 26 to size 10/12 in pants, 3x shirts to mediums, 44D bra to 36DD. Lost a shoe size and my ring size was 8.5 and is now a 6.5!

I am fighting with a lot of excess skin on my belly, arms, and thighs - but it is healing slowly. It is one of the things that is hardest for me to deal with on a daily basis because it is hard to see past in the mirror.

Replies

• meaghanls
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you. Your body/health thanks you for it. =)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Amazing! And very inspirational :) You look great!
  • lpkitty
    Options
    very inspiring, congratulations!!!!
  • dustiemorris
    Options
    WOW GREAT JOB! you look fab:flowerforyou:
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB
  • goldspaula
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and looking at your after pictures, I have hope that that weird hanging pooch will eventually look normal in my jeans as I lose more weight. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to mfp!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    All I have to say is WOW! What an inspiration!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    wow! wonderful success story... keep it up!
  • SkinnyScripty
    Options
    You're an inspiration!! Welcome to MFP! And good luck with your last 20! You have done ridiculously well already though!! What mental changes have you noticed since your loss? Confidence etc? x
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job! The excess skin will continue to shrink as time passes, just have to allow time to do its job. You're doing wonderfully. Excited for you to reach your goal and enter your healthy BMI. Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wow that is AMAZING! WELL DONE!!! You look beautiful :happy:
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    very nicely done!!!:noway:
  • Pragmatica
    Options
    You're an inspiration!! Welcome to MFP! And good luck with your last 20! You have done ridiculously well already though!! What mental changes have you noticed since your loss? Confidence etc? x

I have noticed slow progress in my self confidence. I have been in several emotionally abusive relationships, and I settled a lot of the time because I didn't think I could do much better. That was part of the reason I wanted to make this change in my life. I was tired of just settling for what life gives me. So, losing weight became something I wanted more than anything in life - I saw all of the opportunities it opened for me and I went for it.

Now, I am in a wonderfully healthy relationship with someone that supports me and even tells me NO! when I want to cheat. Haha! I think my self confidence is slowing starting to catch up with my weight loss - but even my body image has suffered. There are days that I see my reflection and I just can't even believe that is me. That is a surreal feeling. Another one is how I am treated in stores - or how men flirt with me.

I think the other biggest one was how I feel about having pictures taken of me. I used to hate it, but I don't even mind much anymore when I see people taking pictures. That is an awesome feeling.
  • Pragmatica
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words. It has been such a hard journey, and I know what everyone of you is going through. Being an inspiration to so many friends, family, and random strangers is hard for me because I know how difficult losing weight is. I want everyone to be successful and love themselves for all of the work they have accomplished - even if it losing a few pounds or maintaining their current figure!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    WOW--- so glad you made a decision to change your life.
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You did exactly what I'm in the process of doing. Great inspiration. Thanks for posting your story and photos. Its people like you that keep me going when I feel down.
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS GIRL! You look absolutely fabulous! What an accomplishment, you should be sooooooo proud of yourself!:happy:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You are incredible. The transformation is mind boggling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!