Because thigh gaps: clarification

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

and to add some minute validity to your comment, I do not accept lesbianism as a valid sexual orientation, nor will i ever.But thats not what we were talking about here now was it?

Wait, wait. Hold the phone. Just out of morbid curiosity, how can you "not accept" a valid sexual orientation that you yourself are not capable of having?
    mkay. My position stands as do my statements.
    and to the cat lady above, I didnt delete that, the Mods did when they sent me an email about it.
    Need I make it clearer that I never meant to imply rape, or beter yet will ever have the need to force anyone to do anything, again?
    i have my reasons

Well, that is some solid logic you have there.

The only "Logical" explanation I have for all of this.

The mother of those beautiful kids in the background left him for a female (this explain the non acceptance)

Which he attempted to change from liking women (which he totally failed and will not try "again")

JMO
    Although false, and not on topic with the thread, you are entitled to your opinion(more like an assumption). and I accept it.

they are right it is a orientation a choice, but it is not natural they cannot procreate.

In nature, that may be one reason that animals turn to homosexuality. As a means of population control. So no, I don't think you can call it unnatural from a position of procreation.

Romans 1:25-27)
    25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

I don't see anything in there about procreation.

Genesis 1:28

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

If God truly meant for every human to procreate, then there wouldn't be women in this world with fertility issues.

Seriously, I'm as Christian as the next person. But Jesus taught us to love in the name of God, not hate. If homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God, then it will be God who judges for it. Jesus said let he who have NO sin cast the first stone. God hasn't given anyone on this earth the right to judge others with the exception of those who hold the title of judge.

Please stop using the words of the bible to justify your right to look down on others and feel superior to them and their lifestyles. Because that, my friend, is NOT biblical!

Agreed. I am a Christian as well, but the hypocritical, judgmental ones are just an embarrassment to us all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

and to add some minute validity to your comment, I do not accept lesbianism as a valid sexual orientation, nor will i ever.But thats not what we were talking about here now was it?

Wait, wait. Hold the phone. Just out of morbid curiosity, how can you "not accept" a valid sexual orientation that you yourself are not capable of having?
    and to the cat lady above, I didnt delete that, the Mods did when they sent me an email about it.
    Need I make it clearer that I never meant to imply rape, or beter yet will ever have the need to force anyone to do anything, again?
    i have my reasons

The mother of those beautiful kids in the background left him for a female (this explain the non acceptance)

Which he attempted to change from liking women (which he totally failed and will not try "again")

JMO
    Although false, and not on topic with the thread, you are entitled to your opinion(more like an assumption). and I accept it.

they are right it is a orientation a choice, but it is not natural they cannot procreate.

In nature, that may be one reason that animals turn to homosexuality. As a means of population control. So no, I don't think you can call it unnatural from a position of procreation.

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

If God truly meant for every human to procreate, then there wouldn't be women in this world with fertility issues.

Seriously, I'm as Christian as the next person. But Jesus taught us to love in the name of God, not hate. If homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God, then it will be God who judges for it. Jesus said let he who have NO sin cast the first stone. God hasn't given anyone on this earth the right to judge others with the exception of those who hold the title of judge.

Please stop using the words of the bible to justify your right to look down on others and feel superior to them and their lifestyles. Because that, my friend, is NOT biblical!

Luke 17:3

So watch what you do. "If your brother sins, tell him he is wrong. Then if he turns away from his sins, forgive him.

Proverbs 27:5
    Better is open rebuke than hidden love.

Well I am telling you that you are sinning by judging people and being a hypocrite. Are you going to stop now so that I can forgive you?

Probably not...
    I cant judge you only god can, but what I can tell you is that is his words not mine.

Yes, they are His words, but you are misinterpretting them to justify your behavior towards others. That is the problem that I have. The verse in Genesis had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. But you still used it to YOUR purposes. That's a sin too, you know.

And furthermore, you decided that verse in Luke gave you some authority to judge others for their sins. That is not at all what that verse is about. That verse is simply a directive on how to treat others that have wronged you. Not for you to decide the sins of others and then condemn them for it.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

"Hope, faith and love.... but the greatest of these is love" I can't provide a specific scripture as I'm quoting from memory... but there ya go, there's bible verses out there that refute the bible verses you're using to attempt to bash people.
    1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Wow. Such clusterfuq. A seedy mixture of body shaming, rape promotion, denial of things that are seen in nature as unnatural because of religion (Which is decidedly unnatural), and a partridge in a pair tree.

*popcorn*

Mind if I snuggle in as we watch?

stock-footage-young-couple-on-couch-with-popcorn-watching-tv.jpg

I will bite if I feel like you're eating more than your share of the popcorn.

I will probably get bit then. I am a popcorn addict.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

So watch what you do. "If your brother sins, tell him he is wrong. Then if he turns away from his sins, forgive him.

Well I am telling you that you are sinning by judging people and being a hypocrite. Are you going to stop now so that I can forgive you?

Probably not...
    I cant judge you only god can, but what I can tell you is that is his words not mine.

Yes, they are His words, but you are misinterpretting them to justify your behavior towards others. That is the problem that I have. The verse in Genesis had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. But you still used it to YOUR purposes. That's a sin too, you know.

I guess after Jesus forgave her of her sin he was being a hypocrite

Then Jesus told the woman, “Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more” key word sin no more not to continue her wrong behavior.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    That is entirely up to her. She is currently being raised by her mother, who is part of an extremely religious(messianic) family that does not see homosexuality/lesbianism as a way of life.
    I am not religious at all, one of those things where her beliefs are being imprented on them. Shes not even allowed to wear earrings.

You see your daughter, though. Believe it or not, fathers and their opinions are very important to little girls, and it can shape who they are. All I'm suggesting is that these opinions that you have shared here are not representative of a positive male role model in a girl's life.

I know I've particpated with the others in razzing you a bit. I get that maybe you didn't communicate your views very well, and haven't really meant harm, but I would suggest you think carefully about the things you say before you say them. Especially around your daughter. Best of luck! No hard feelings, I hope.

None taken, its the internet. that was the first time I saw them since their mother and I split. I can not see them because in her culture I am lving in sin having seperated from their mother. Her family and her insist i can only see them at church. Obviously until a judge proves otherwise.

Wow! That's really wrong. I hate to hear when a father is kept from his children. Good luck with that. I hope the courts rule in your favor.
    It is what it is and what it will be.

all I wanted to do was say, my bad.

I accept your apology. Though, like I said earlier, I totally missed your other thread. LOL!

Like someone else said though, be careful with what thoughts and opinions you share on the internet. Think carefully before you post.

yep. Ill try.

it's refreshing to see that you're being reasonable.

really sorry to hear about the situation with your kids, that really sucks.

as for lesbianism, you might want to think about reconsidering your opinion about that, because all the scientific evidence suggests that homosexuality is natural.

In humans there seems to be a lot of variation in sexual orientation, i.e. a continuum from exclusively homosexual to exclusively heterosexual, with bisexuals falling in the middle of the continuum and as such i don't like pigeonholing human sexuality into categories. And it exists in all cultures (although it's violently suppressed in some but it still exists even in places like Saudi Arabia where there's the death penalty for it)... this plus homosexuality in bonobos and common chimps (our two closest relatives in the animal kingdom) strongly suggests that homosexuality is natural and inborn. Though I don't think that there is anything wrong with homosexuality as a choice either. for people who fall on the bisexual part of the continuum, homosexuality may well be a choice, and so what... it's their life and they're not hurting anyone.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

Probably not...

Then Jesus told the woman, “Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more” key word sin no more not to continue her wrong behavior.

Jesus had NO SIN in the FIRST PLACE!

It was HIS right, and HIS right alone to judge her...

You haven't forgiven anyone... you have condemned people... and the right to judge them is NOT YOURS!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The closer your thighs are together the closer you are to becoming a mermaid
    13229392626011356_46UaK1iY_f.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Who is this Jesus guy you all keep talking about?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

Probably not...

Are you Jesus? No. I thought not.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

Probably not...

You haven't forgiven anyone... you have condemned people... and the right to judge them is NOT YOURS!

2 Timothy 3:16
    16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),

I Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

i have my reasons

JMO

Probably not...

You are missing the point. None of these scriptures says you have the right to condemn those who are homosexual. You are not going to stop people from being homosexual no matter how much you look down your nose at them. But you are going to turn them away from Christ. And I'm pretty certain that doesn't please Him.

But I've grown wary of you. I can't make you stop being a hypocrite anymore than you can make someone stop being homosexual.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

John 13:33-36

33 “My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
    34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
    35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    The closer your thighs are together the closer you are to becoming a mermaid
    13229392626011356_46UaK1iY_f.jpg

you mean merdogs?
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Dont judge someone because they sin differently than you do.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

:drinker: :smooched:

Exactly!
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    I actually like this.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That is entirely up to her. She is currently being raised by her mother, who is part of an extremely religious(messianic) family that does not see homosexuality/lesbianism as a way of life.
    I am not religious at all, one of those things where her beliefs are being imprented on them. Shes not even allowed to wear earrings.

You see your daughter, though. Believe it or not, fathers and their opinions are very important to little girls, and it can shape who they are. All I'm suggesting is that these opinions that you have shared here are not representative of a positive male role model in a girl's life.

I know I've particpated with the others in razzing you a bit. I get that maybe you didn't communicate your views very well, and haven't really meant harm, but I would suggest you think carefully about the things you say before you say them. Especially around your daughter. Best of luck! No hard feelings, I hope.

None taken, its the internet. that was the first time I saw them since their mother and I split. I can not see them because in her culture I am lving in sin having seperated from their mother. Her family and her insist i can only see them at church. Obviously until a judge proves otherwise.

Free benevolent advice: If you are presently in a custody battle, or any other ensnarement that requires you to go to court, I do not advise posting ANYTHING controversial on the internet. Nor do I advise posting pictures of or information about your relationship, or your children. The internet is NOT private, your posts CAN be held against you in a court of law.

Use your brain.

1.its okay.
    2. they are very well off, and I can not afford the legal battle at the moment..
    3. Having said that, they are religious, they are well off. Judge will rule in their favor 100%,

If your posts are even a remote glimpse into the type of individual you are, it does not surprise me in the least that you are unable to procure employment sufficient to afford the legal costs to fight for your kids.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    From thigh gaps, to sexuality, to scripture?

Mind the gap. It can be dangerous.
This discussion has been closed.