Is a thigh gap possible?

Options
123457»

Replies

• cranberryveins
    Options
    The whole "wide hips" thing is BS, quite frankly. I'm 5'7" and had one at ~57kg. Healthy weight, narrow hips, thigh gap. And my legs are buff from a decent decade of ballet.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The whole "wide hips" thing is BS, quite frankly. I'm 5'7" and had one at ~57kg. Healthy weight, narrow hips, thigh gap. And my legs are buff from a decent decade of ballet.

It's actually about placment of your thigh bones in your hips/pelvis...
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever have a thigh gap, and you know what?

tumblr_inline_n22zy3qCta1sy1nkn.gif
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The bones shouldn't be an issue :-

1186384-Clipart-Of-A-3d-Female-Xray-With-Visible-Skeleton-On-Black-Royalty-Free-CGI-Illustration.jpg
  • kedickey13
    kedickey13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here is a great article you should read. Thigh Gap is not natural for most of the population but less than 1%. Please do not try and do this.
    http://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/health-lifestyle/fitness-advice/2014/3/the-thigh-gap-hack-workout-exists-and-makes-us-sad/
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Who cares??? Worry about being healthy!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Dance tights and a leotard. BAM, instant thigh gap! Well it worked on me at 215 lbs. ;)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    as a ruler shape i'd have to say no. your hips are too slim

when i was at my smallest my hips were 35" and my upper thighs were 20" each. obviously 40" is greater than 35" and i had very little fat to spare.

what's the big deal about a thigh gap anyway? are you trying to hide stuff there or something? you can get a purse or use pockets, you know

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I blame yoga pants for this obsession.

and skinny jeans ....

and the fashion industry's obsession with emaciated females.
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I never realized this was a "thing" until recently. I have one but it's because I have massive hips, which is probably good so my big ole thighs don't start a friction fire...but honestly, if it's not in your structure or if you'd have to go to unhealthy lengths for a goal I strongly urge you to reconsider, you'll go crazy trying to achieve something that just may not be realistic. Maybe focus on strengthening your legs and lower body instead? Or just invest in a good pair of compression leggings, because hot damn do they make my legs look killer.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm the 'lucky' owner of a thigh gap.... thanks to 20+ years of anorexia :-/

I'd give it up in an instant, in exchange for freedom from this gawd awful disease, trust me. Currently being fed via a tube through my nose, once again. So, be careful what you wish for. Nothing is worth this hell.
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    Dammit, I hate our society sometimes. That this is even a question is so freaking irksome.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    vYAya.jpg

LOL
    I. LOVE. THIS.
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oooh - gonna chime in with a good-old thigh gap debate!

It is hip related, or wide-set hips and also splayed hips. Also being a tad bow-legged too. The circumference of your thighs also affects your thigh-gapped ness, but only in conjunction with everything else (meaning, if you don't have wide-set hips, then you'd have to lose a lot of fat and muscle on your legs to get a thigh gap).

I have an almost thigh gap, and I'm still quite heavy. But then, I have wide-set hips and my knees don't touch.

And again, if you don't have one at a healthy weight, then you probably don't have the skeletal structure to get one. And, it's a silly thing to try to go after too. Most people do not have one, most models do not even have one which is why they photoshop them in.