"Are you trying to get fat?"

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Most people buying candy bars are fat, and they start off as skinny young people.

Lol

<
    eats chocolate every day. Losing weight and fat. Getting older.

<~~~ also eats Milk Duds or chips almost daily. Key is moderation and it fits in my macros....
  • jody1124
    jody1124 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • jody1124
    jody1124 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder whether certain "people" walking around are actually even human. I've just heard from a tiny size 8 friend that she went to the petrol station this morning, decided to get a Twirl chocolate bar and the guy behind the counter said to her "are you trying to get fat?"

...how is this in ANY WAY ACCEPTABLE!?!!!?!!!

Makes me so so mad. IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT PEOPLE ARE EATING OR NOT EATING!

Rant over.
    I think it is my business, but only because I've never heard of Twirl bars. Are they good?

LOL!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    . The fat people coming in and buying big bags of candy and soda.

I'm not saying this was a good thing to say, but i can see where this guy is coming from. Most people buying candy bars are fat, and they start off as skinny young people.

This. Was. Awesome.

Truly the dumbest thing I've EVER seen on MFP and that is saying so much. Still laughing.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder whether certain "people" walking around are actually even human. I've just heard from a tiny size 8 friend that she went to the petrol station this morning, decided to get a Twirl chocolate bar and the guy behind the counter said to her "are you trying to get fat?"

Makes me so so mad. IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT PEOPLE ARE EATING OR NOT EATING!

Rant over.
    I think it is my business, but only because I've never heard of Twirl bars. Are they good?

Yup. Made by Cadbury, kind of like Flakes, but coated in chocolate so not as messy to eat.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I would reply with "No - are you trying to be a douche or does it just come naturally?"

^^^^^ This! What a jerk
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to be the fly on the wall in these forums. My observation up to this point (not that anyone cares, but it is a forum). Judging the reactions that Ive seen, never say anything to a woman about: a) what she's eating, b) her weight. Also IMHO, sugar can be as addictive to some people as caffeine or nicoteine.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to be the fly on the wall in these forums. My observation up to this point (not that anyone cares, but it is a forum). Judging the reactions that Ive seen, never say anything to a woman about: a) what she's eating, b) her weight. Also IMHO, sugar can be as addictive to some people as caffeine or nicoteine.

LOL...yes...and yes! :laugh:
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone get upset over anything the convenience store clerk says...? Tell him to shove it.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's using the insult method of pick up lines. The theory goes that if you insult a woman, she'll instantly pay more attention to you, and many times will try to prove you wrong (I think that's how it goes, it sounds dumb to me).
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Rant over.

Yup. Made by Cadbury, kind of like Flakes, but coated in chocolate so not as messy to eat.

That reminds me. I have a couple of bars in the cupboard. :drinker:
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Most people buying candy bars are fat, and they start off as skinny young people.

Lol

<

Me too - I've eaten chocolate most days in the last 60 days and lost 17 pounds (at 53)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    He said that because he was trying to flirt with her but didn't know what to say lol

Yeah, this. Just a flirt fail.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Lol

<

Me too - I've eaten chocolate most days in the last 60 days and lost 17 pounds (at 53)
    Of course you can eat chocolate and not get fat, but many people are fat. My observation as a person working at a gas station was that many of the candy and soda customers were fat. Many of the cigarette customers had coughs, too. And many of the multiple coffee per day customers had the shakes. Just an observation.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

Rant over.

The short Correct answer (whether it is or not) is
    Yeah and it's none of your *&%&*$ business pal, give me my cash back I'll shop across the street (down the street....)
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I worked at a gas station when i was younger. It's actually a really sad job, because you spend the whole day serving addicts. The guy who could barely hand me money cause he was shaking so bad coming in to buy his 4th coffee of the day. The lady hacking out her lungs asking for a carton of Marlboro. The fat people coming in and buying big bags of candy and soda.

I'm not saying this was a good thing to say, but i can see where this guy is coming from. Most people buying candy bars are fat, and they start off as skinny young people.

Insert huge effing eye roll here. Seriously?

x2
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Rant over.
    Maybe he liked her and was just trying to strike up a conversation and thought it was funny/witty, and didn't expect the other person to take it in a completely different way as if it was some sort of personal attack or criticism of their eating habits.

ETA: Aaaand double joffed.:laugh:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    When I was fat no one bothered to make comments about what I was eating, but now that I'm not fat anymore, people seem to think its OK to comment on my food choices. Good or bad. When I eat or buy healthy, they comment. When I eat something not so healthy, they comment. WTF? If anyone knows what I can and cannot eat...it's ME!
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What if he thinks she's skinny, and it was a legit question?
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    maybe he was joking/flirting/being friendly and it came out or was taken the wrong way by your friend?

I feel like this line of thought is rooted somewhere in sexism. It's not okay for boys to bully girls because they *like* them. You should treat people you like or are interested in better, not worse. Being flustered is one thing, but I can't imagine someone saying this if it wasn't really their opinion. It's rude and hurtful, and she is not overreacting by being upset by it...