Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Dark Roast - Black no sugar - yum!
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and stevia. My roommate says it makes it taste like dirt. Lol. I like it.
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Black with a touch of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Now that it's warming up, I drink it over ice too. Gotta get that caffeine! :happy:
  • fmhidalgo
    fmhidalgo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No worries fresh coffee is incredibly high in antioxidants and has been show to help improve liver function. Some studies have shown some indications of helping prevent heart attacks (four cups a day caffeinated or decaff) . So, the artificial sweeteners that you add to coffee may just make it a wash :) it all balances out.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Black...and the darker the roast the better!
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    in my 16oz stainless mug 2 milk 2 splenda or generic equivalent :) Sometimes I can drink coffee black, but its rare, and usually just an after dinner thing. I log 3 coffees in the morning, but reality is I drink those 3 throughout the day. I never used to count them as its really just a tich of milk and splenda, but hubby got on my case-"you gotta log those, especially if you are havin 3!!!" so, thanks, I log now!
  • ackman2002
    ackman2002 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Black with one splenda.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Never "dripped," only pressed. I have several presses so that I don't have to tote them back and forth to different fire houses for shifts, I just keep one at each, with my special one at home. And STRONG; forget that 1 scoop for every 8 ounces. My 27 ounce press gets 7 scoops of perfection. And only Colter Coffee Organic Thunderbolt goes into the press....I love rich, dark coffee but hate the "bright acidity" that seems to be so prevalent and that seems to burn a hole in my stomach lining. No such nonsense in this roast. Delish!
    I make my own "creamer" with 1:4 mix of 1 part heavy whipping cream to 4 parts SO No sugar added Vanilla Coconut Milk. A sprinkle of cinnamon a splash of pure vanilla extract, shake it up, a dollop in the cup...and welcome to Coffee Heaven!
    Wow! Reading back over this it makes me sound like a bit of a coffee freak...if the shoe fits, I guess! lol :drinker:

Ahhh... Loved this post! I hate the 'bright acidity', too. Drives me crazy. I'm going to have to try to find your brand and give it a go. Currently we are on a Cuban blend and Don Pablo which is Colombian -- and amazing and smooth and OH SO GOOD. (We get it at Costco). We use a press or espresso or drip or whatever floats our boat for the day. We're weird like that. LOL

My one vice is Coffeemate creamer. I can't do milk as the lactose tears my stomach up so I have greatly cut back on lactose high dairy products. Almond milk tastes like crap to me in coffee but I like it for other things. I may have to give the coconut milk a go. I do like coffee black at times, but I drink it so often, I mix it up. I'm not super picky except I don't want it bitter. I don't care for Stevia in my coffee, so I either use Sweet-n-low or Nectresse. I do sometimes use sugar but I saw where someone said maple syrup so I may have to give that a try! Seems like that would add flavor and sweetening all at once!

Now I want to break out my press... but I've already had 3 cups today!
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Espresso - 4 shots iced with 1/4 cup organic chocolate milk.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hot, black, with a touch of sweetness.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    BLACK! No sugar. No sweeteners. No flavorings. Always. If it doesn't taste good black, it's crappy coffee and doesn't deserve to be ingested.

I wish I was so picky with all foods :/
  • ameliad87
    ameliad87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to coffee, so I always have it with one packet of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate and 5 (I KNOW) packets of Sweet and Low. It's 94 calories in total...which is better than the 670 calories my large Mocha Frappe was at McDonalds every morning. I plan on slowly reducing the amount of sweetener, and then splitting up the packets. I need a low calorie option of adding chocolate taste to it though, it's just so yummy!
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    with a whole bunch of fat, coconut milk and coconut oil!! bulletproof coffee!
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I take it with a little milk. But I only drink about 2 per day, the rest of the time I drink herbal/fruit teas - twinings apple crunch and blueberry & apple are lovely.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    never sweetened

at work - in a little "1-cup" caffetiere - black
    at home - using a"hob-top" four cup to make beautiful expresso, which I drink either straight, or to which I either add hot water to make an americanno-type thing or to which I add hot water and semi-skimmed milk
    on sunday mornings, my husband makes a very milky version to encourage me out of bed
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i Love me Keurig and i drink my flavoured k-cups with a packet or raw sugar and cream and my Tim's K-cups with 2 raw sugar packets and cream :wink:
  • MDChesler
    MDChesler Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Black... I use to load it with a ton of sugar and cream but I slowly weened myself of those and I now love the flavor of black coffee.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use to drink it black for the longest time, until the acid started messing with my belly!

Now I put a little splash of soy or almond milk.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    2 TBS of whatever flavored creamer I have on hand.

ETA: I drink a black cup of coffee about an hour before my workouts, though.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    the Girl Scouts Samoa flavored creamer.

:noway: This... this is a thing that exists? Oh man.

YUP! I tried it at work.