1000 days, 130+ pounds lost (w/ too many pics!)

Replies

• nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Dang girl! You look amazing, what an accomplishment! Congrats.
  • You look amazing and you are such an inspiration!
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    I really needed to see this today...I also feel like I have a cool life and have gotten to do lots of cool things. But I am starting to have knee problems because of my weight. If I can't fix that, I will not be able to do as many cool things, and I can't deal with that. I am a really lucky chick - I have a great husband, an awesome son, a great job, amazing friends, etc. But I know I am not doing everything I COULD do and the idea of not being able to do things I WANT to do - like hike up a mountain, or bike with my son - is not acceptable to me. Thanks for sharing your story. You honestly have no idea how inspiring and uplifting your post was for me.
  • kittee83
    kittee83 Posts: 38 Member
    I love this! <3 Thank you for sharing your story with us :) Just amazing <3 xx
  • kimberlyyirsa
    kimberlyyirsa Posts: 8 Member
    Honestly...this is my first time chiming in on MFP but I just had to! You are such an inspiration! I love that you didn't go on a "diet", making it a lifestyle change and allowing treats every so often. Honestly, I was eating a handful of Cadbury mini eggs as I was reading this! Lol! But I worked it in, allowed myself a little treat on a day where I worked my butt off at the gym. You can't deprive yourself or you will just set yourself up for failure, right? I am new to MFP and I love it because it makes me accountable AND I love seeing success stories like yours...good for you!!!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    I remember your post when you had lost 100#. It was the picture of you in the clover shirt, holding your son. :happy: I was impressed and inspired then, and even more so now. 1000 days...CONGRATS!!!!! I have 206 days to get to 1,000. Hopefully, my 1000th day will be as wonderful as yours! Just awesome :bigsmile:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    You are amazing and very inspirational. I loved reading your honesty in your post. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    AWESOME!!
    You look great!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    You look great! You make a great example!
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Beautiful! Inspiring and amazing!!

Loved your story...thank you for sharing!
  • icastro25
    icastro25 Posts: 16 Member
    Your story is amazing and so inspirational. This is exactly what I was hoping to be able to do - not "diet" or change all my eating habits because I enjoy food, but instead make healthier choices when possible, workout more, and portion control. Just recently got serious with MFP and am reaching out to make friends. I think the social aspect of this is really inspiring and hope it keeps me on track. I just want to feel good in my body again. I am finally starting to enjoy running again, and am excited to do a race this summer.

I hope I can be consistent as long as you did so I see results. Thank you for being so strong and being such an inspiration to us all!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    That's great!!! Such a big accomplishment!! You should be very proud!!!
  • I needed this today; thank you.
  • mich1760
    mich1760 Posts: 34
    Thanks you for sharing your journey and your positive outlook. I wish you the very best. And hey Way to go girl!
  • enriquez18
    enriquez18 Posts: 59 Member
    Amazing post! So inspirational. Thank you for this! :smile:
  • nappsmcgee
    nappsmcgee Posts: 33 Member
    So inspiring! :)
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    One of the best told stories I've read. Your accomplishment is astounding, and the grace and logic you used to achieve it is wondeful! Thank you for sharing.
  • LaDiiHeArT
    LaDiiHeArT Posts: 118 Member
    I read every word! Your story is truly an inspiration! Thank you for sharing, and congrats on your weight loss! IT IS INCREDIBLE!
  • tammyhudson1978
    tammyhudson1978 Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to us all. :happy:
  • merlewalton
    merlewalton Posts: 43 Member
    You look as amazing as your success story!

Congratulations to you on your achievement!

I'm restarting my effort from last year luckily I didn't gain all the weight back but NY winters are so blistery cold I didn't even go to the gym I had a membership to because it hurt to even breath outside at some points (-25 at times).

I'm not one for excuses so now that it's over 35 I'm running every day.
  • beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    You are amazing and I am SO PROUD of you!!! I love your outlook and thank you for sharing all the pictures. I really needed this "pick me up" today and thank you for posting!
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Your story made me very emotional thank you for sharing. And congrats you look amazing! :bigsmile:
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Your story sounds a lot like mine. AWESOME job! Keep it up!
  • LoveLoveandRage
    LoveLoveandRage Posts: 55 Member
    Amazing!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    That's awesome you're an inspiration:).
  • Mandi5Dogs
    Mandi5Dogs Posts: 17 Member
    Your post could not have come at a better time!!!! I started going to the gym, much like you did. I knew I needed a change, but wasn't unhealthy so there was no big push. I realize now I was unhealthy. My trainer and I had put a 100 lb loss goal for my 1 year mark. I didn't make it. I did lose 98 lbs, but.. Since I missed that goal eating well and getting to the gym have just become a huge chore. I am proud of myself every night when I go to bed and I've stayed on track, but getting up in the morning knowing what I have to do is daunting. Seeing your success and the length of time it took you to get there is an amazing affirmation for me.

Thank you so much for taking the time!!!!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Not too many pictures - they and your story document a great accomplishment that will inspire many, many people! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!
  • merlewalton
    merlewalton Posts: 43 Member
    BTW as other people said you can NEVER have too many pics of your success! It shows an amazing accomplishment.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    One of the best posts I have read so far....just one question....what cha doin hanging out with Kerry Washington???
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your amazing journey. There is Hope!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!