Day 1, AGAIN

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! The inevitable white knight arrived. And good day to you, Kind Sir! :flowerforyou:
  • Calliope610
    Options
    First of all LizaGetz, I want to congratulate you on starting your program. Good luck with it, I hope it works out well for you and it sounds like you know that it's a 10 day program and that that's all it's meant to be - a 10 day program to get you started on a journey to better things.

If you took the time to look at my posts and my wall, you would see that I do encourage others - to pursue a healthy, long term and sustainable life style that results in long term success in weight loss. And since that is my way of doing things, I think I'll just stay trashy.

Oh, and BTW, I asked the OP a question, offered a suggestion and then wished her luck. It was YOU kind sir who resorted to name calling and insults Oh well, it is what it is.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should quit doing "10 day programs" and diets and just eat at a moderate caloric deficit.
    DING! DING! DING! We have a winner, couldn't have said it better myself.....it's a lifestyle not a 10 day program!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should quit doing "10 day programs" and diets and just eat at a moderate caloric deficit.

^this.

When you stop looking at it as a diet and make decision to change your lifestyle, weight loss and maintaining that loss becomes easier.

Don't do fad, restrictive diets. Just eat a moderate caloric deficit. If you're feeling frisky, get out and get a little exercise.

As my friend DavPul says:

Profit.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    trogalicious once again i see a bitter fat body putting someone down. you fat people are all the same bitter and hate when someone is doing something better for themselves . your problem is that your not good enough to be seen in public places and feel good about your self so you put others down. so you post that you have lost 153 lbs so what good for you does that mean you have the right to go on here and try to beat someone down. wow you a real big person and i mean that in both ways. you must have a vast wealth of knowledge on how to loose weight with your 153 lbs lost ( just kidding ) .someone is trying to loose 10 lbs let me ask you this why is that you got so fat that even with loosing 153 lbs your still fat . people like you don't have the right to say anything to anyone your just as repulsive as Calliope610 and should not be allowed to pro create

Whoa. Reported.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    trogalicious once again i see a bitter fat body putting someone down. you fat people are all the same bitter and hate when someone is doing something better for themselves . your problem is that your not good enough to be seen in public places and feel good about your self so you put others down. so you post that you have lost 153 lbs so what good for you does that mean you have the right to go on here and try to beat someone down. wow you a real big person and i mean that in both ways. you must have a vast wealth of knowledge on how to loose weight with your 153 lbs lost ( just kidding ) .someone is trying to loose 10 lbs let me ask you this why is that you got so fat that even with loosing 153 lbs your still fat . people like you don't have the right to say anything to anyone your just as repulsive as Calliope610 and should not be allowed to pro create

Whoa. Reported.
    $20 says it's the OP. Brand new account, mad as hell, 1 post.. just to attack the people that are trying to help her.
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Hey, jrhino38,

why did you edit your post about me? I'm a big girl (as you so graciously alluded to in your deleted post), I can handle your insults. In fact, I ask that you repost your comments to me for all the world to see.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Whoa. Reported.

x2

x3
    Not cool.
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh my Goodness this is the worst I've seen in a long time, this is just terrible. Why is there so much anger, what's the point?
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Hey, jrhino38,

why did you edit your post about me? I'm a big girl (as you so graciously alluded to in your deleted post), I can handle your insults. In fact, I ask that you repost your comments to me for all the world to see.

I think it was edited by the mods--I had a post directly under it quoting it and my post is entirely gone, I assume the mods nuked it.

Yeah, I thought you had quoted it. I kinda am disappointed that it was removed. I've never been flamed like that before.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh my Goodness this is the worst I've seen in a long time, this is just terrible. Why is there so much anger, what's the point?
    starvation turns people into internet tough guys.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    WOW, way to be positive and motivational... No need for your kind of support on my blog or page!

Support isn't always telling you what you want to hear... you need to hear this. If you're on some wacky program, it's probably going to fail. Sorry you don't like it. How about some more information you probably don't care for, but could really freaking help?

here:

1. don't trust the initial setup that MFP provides. If you put in the wrong/inaccurate information, it'll tell you to eat an amount that may not be applicable.
    2. Make sure you eat enough.
    3. Figure out what works for you and is sustainable/healthy/long term.
    4. avoid fads. don't buy in to any "Hey, try the twinkie and vodka diet"
    5. Don't cut out anything now that you don't plan on literally giving up forever.
    6. GET A FOOD SCALE. Weigh everything. No, seriously.
    7. Get an HRM with a chest strap. You'll at least have a better idea of what you're burning. It'll be more accurate than the generic info in the exercise database.. and even more than the cardio machines. This is great for steady state cardio (run/walk/etc)
    8. Don't go balls out. You'll burn out. I see 300 lb people show up here, instantly start working out and cutting their intake SEVERELY... trying to cut out all of their carbs at once.. whatever. Take it slow. Figure out how much you need to eat FIRST in order to lose.. then incorporate exercise.
    9. Don't cardio yourself to death.
    10. Take the information on the forums with a grain of salt. A lot of people that have been here for a while.. and have been successful, may seem jaded. They give out GREAT advice day after day, only to be met with people that refuse to listen.
    11. Eat real food. Not diet food. Not "low fat, sugar free, now without X." It's easier to get/find/count.
    12. don't set time restrictions.
    13. measure yourself weekly. Don't just weigh. Measure and take pictures.
    14 BE PATIENT.
    15. Avoid forum topics that have "1200" in the title. It's just full of butthurt. Lots of it.
    16. If you ask a question on the forum, give as much information as you can ("yes, I have a food scale and weigh my food" is worlds better than "I eat a palm full of miscellaneous boiled chicken parts..sometimes.")
    17. Be honest with yourself and honest with us.
    18. This isn't a game, it's about changing your lifestyle. Do that.

pretty much that.

...and don't fall into the "1200 calorie" vertigo of suck because of:

the typical MFP users does this:
    1. I wanna lose weight, let's try MFP.
    2. OH! Wow, it tells me I can lose 2 lbs a WEEK? AWESOME!
    3. I just sit at a desk when I'm not working out, I guess I'm sedentary.
    4. MFP tells them 1200 calories, and they don't even eat that.. then they work out on top of it.. creating an even bigger deficit.
    5. Lose a lot, fast, brag about 1200 calorie success.
    6. Come back in a few months trying to figure out why they're dizzy, tired, not losing weight.
    7. Get on the forums, ask why they aren't losing.
    8. Get two responses (I eat 1200 and lose) (I eat 2200 and lose)
    9. Argument ensues about who is right.

Now. That being said. These threads happen hundreds of times per day. Most times, and I mean really.. seriously.. 95% of the time.. people get the 1200 number because they don't put the right information in when they set up the account. There are a great number of people that are trying to help. I'm one of 'em.

I'm a hardcore advocate of actually finding out what works for the individual.. by means of other calculators, averages, time, practice, and patience.

Blanket prescriptions of 1200 calories "because it worked for me" is more harmful to the generic new user than the "figure out what you need to eat." Unfortunately, one is a LOT easier to type.

Find out what you need: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

and make sure to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

...and here's another approach.

Block off 6 weeks. log EXACTLY what you eat for those six weeks, weigh at the beginning, weight at the end. If you've lost, you're eating under your TDEE. If you haven't lost, congrats.. you found your TDEE, if you've gained... then you're above TDEE.

From there, look at how much you lost or gained and you have a rough estimate of how to shift your intake to balance it out.

Online calculators are great, but they're just estimates. They give you decent ideas for starting points. From there, it's on you to fine tune it.

Well if anything good came from the post, we got some good info here!! Thanks!!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I'm grabbing popcorn.....y'all are putting on a show now! Free entertainment
  • amandadesch
    amandadesch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anyone who doesn't outright scoff at a "Lose 10 pounds in 10 days" program, yet alone actually attempts it, is destined to fail. This is not me being negative, and I am not a "fat, jealous cow" as another poster put it. This is fact. Attempting to lose, or losing that amount of weight in such a short time is unhealthy and will mentally put you down when you inevitably gain the weight back, which you will.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm grabbing popcorn.....y'all are putting on a show now! Free entertainment

I know...making the last 30 mins of my shift go by faster...OP seemed really devistated by a tad bit of advice.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The OP is probably really hungry and devastated that she didn't get the support she was hoping for.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    WOW, way to be positive and motivational... No need for your kind of support on my blog or page!

Oh please.....
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Support isn't always telling you what you want to hear... you need to hear this. If you're on some wacky program, it's probably going to fail. Sorry you don't like it. How about some more information you probably don't care for, but could really freaking help?

here:

1. don't trust the initial setup that MFP provides. If you put in the wrong/inaccurate information, it'll tell you to eat an amount that may not be applicable.
    2. Make sure you eat enough.
    3. Figure out what works for you and is sustainable/healthy/long term.
    4. avoid fads. don't buy in to any "Hey, try the twinkie and vodka diet"
    5. Don't cut out anything now that you don't plan on literally giving up forever.
    6. GET A FOOD SCALE. Weigh everything. No, seriously.
    7. Get an HRM with a chest strap. You'll at least have a better idea of what you're burning. It'll be more accurate than the generic info in the exercise database.. and even more than the cardio machines. This is great for steady state cardio (run/walk/etc)
    8. Don't go balls out. You'll burn out. I see 300 lb people show up here, instantly start working out and cutting their intake SEVERELY... trying to cut out all of their carbs at once.. whatever. Take it slow. Figure out how much you need to eat FIRST in order to lose.. then incorporate exercise.
    9. Don't cardio yourself to death.
    10. Take the information on the forums with a grain of salt. A lot of people that have been here for a while.. and have been successful, may seem jaded. They give out GREAT advice day after day, only to be met with people that refuse to listen.
    11. Eat real food. Not diet food. Not "low fat, sugar free, now without X." It's easier to get/find/count.
    12. don't set time restrictions.
    13. measure yourself weekly. Don't just weigh. Measure and take pictures.
    14 BE PATIENT.
    15. Avoid forum topics that have "1200" in the title. It's just full of butthurt. Lots of it.
    16. If you ask a question on the forum, give as much information as you can ("yes, I have a food scale and weigh my food" is worlds better than "I eat a palm full of miscellaneous boiled chicken parts..sometimes.")
    17. Be honest with yourself and honest with us.
    18. This isn't a game, it's about changing your lifestyle. Do that.

pretty much that.

...and don't fall into the "1200 calorie" vertigo of suck because of:

the typical MFP users does this:
    1. I wanna lose weight, let's try MFP.
    2. OH! Wow, it tells me I can lose 2 lbs a WEEK? AWESOME!
    3. I just sit at a desk when I'm not working out, I guess I'm sedentary.
    4. MFP tells them 1200 calories, and they don't even eat that.. then they work out on top of it.. creating an even bigger deficit.
    5. Lose a lot, fast, brag about 1200 calorie success.
    6. Come back in a few months trying to figure out why they're dizzy, tired, not losing weight.
    7. Get on the forums, ask why they aren't losing.
    8. Get two responses (I eat 1200 and lose) (I eat 2200 and lose)
    9. Argument ensues about who is right.

Now. That being said. These threads happen hundreds of times per day. Most times, and I mean really.. seriously.. 95% of the time.. people get the 1200 number because they don't put the right information in when they set up the account. There are a great number of people that are trying to help. I'm one of 'em.

I'm a hardcore advocate of actually finding out what works for the individual.. by means of other calculators, averages, time, practice, and patience.

Blanket prescriptions of 1200 calories "because it worked for me" is more harmful to the generic new user than the "figure out what you need to eat." Unfortunately, one is a LOT easier to type.

Find out what you need: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

and make sure to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

...and here's another approach.

Block off 6 weeks. log EXACTLY what you eat for those six weeks, weigh at the beginning, weight at the end. If you've lost, you're eating under your TDEE. If you haven't lost, congrats.. you found your TDEE, if you've gained... then you're above TDEE.

From there, look at how much you lost or gained and you have a rough estimate of how to shift your intake to balance it out.

Online calculators are great, but they're just estimates. They give you decent ideas for starting points. From there, it's on you to fine tune it.

Well if anything good came from the post, we got some good info here!! Thanks!!
    Seriously! This is one of the best explanations of things I've read on MFP.
    And ugh, I can't stand when someone calls people haters because they don't subscribe to their bs.