30 day shred starting today. Any takers?

Options

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Excellent workout yesterday and today, amazed at the difference in my strength, endurance and recovery time. Can almost do the walking pushups completely with straight legs, can do most of the sets with 5 lb weights. Still do half the plank jacks and all off the leg jump (thrusts? Whatever she calls them) with one leg at a time. Feel great, have kept my promise to myself and stayed off the scale for two days, but I can tell you I've list inches off my belly, put size 22 pants in the "too big" box and wore size 18s yesterday and felt comfortable in them. Excited to get rid of the 20s and get into the 16s on the shelf!! Thanks everyone for being here with me! Every inch is worth the sore muscles (my abs and butt are always sore, lol)
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Mrspayne - woohoo! Not far until L2 for you!

Crlflowers - Great job on the smallwe pants fitting, its a fantastic feeling isn't it?

Yesterday hubby took us out for a day trip, we had lunch and and a good walk. Didn't feel like shredding when we got home (late) so I took a rest day. Just done L3D2 this morning though.Man the strength is tough on this level. Don't know if I'll ever manage it all like Natalie.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Great job Kate! Keep it up Mrs payne. I felt like a gimp nursing my right arm, its been bothering me for almost two weeks, thought it was better and used it full for two days, but OUCH! It got worse, so after a night of icy hot, I didn't use it at all today except to hold my plank, hope it is ok, hopefully just a pulled muscle from my 90 minute Tae bo Friday before last, guess I should have paid more attention to It aooner. Still managed good workout and kept my heart rate up! Have a great day all!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I just got the dvd a few days ago, so I'm on level 1 day 3. At first i thought it was a bit easy but actually it is challenging..and i agree, a good way to wake up!!
  • beesknees798
    Options
    Just finished L1 D9! I wasn't able to do shred for a few days, but made sure to do other cardio instead. tomorrow is weigh-in day and i'm hoping for some more noticeable results this time!

stick with it everyone, we can finish!

2911138.png
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Did level one and two back to back with cardio in between. Modified to rest my sore right arm... total 70 minutes, burned 605 calories. Might leave it alone until Monday and go straight cardio this weekend.
  • lisayvonne
    lisayvonne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I just took my measurements this morning. After doing 27 shred workouts, I lost the following:

5 lbs
    under an inch from each arm (definitely more muscle there)
    1 inch from each thigh (less fat and more muscle here too)
    1.5 inches from upper waist (all fat)
    3.5 inches from lower waist (all fat)
    2 inches from hips (all fat)
    2.5 inches from bust

Overall, it worked for me. I will definitely take up this challenge again! -Lisa
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Those stats are impressive Lisa, way to go!

I nearly didn't shred today. Its beenn asnow day and I've been pretty lazy all day. Feel good now I madse the effort now its done. L3D3!

For those with HRMs did you notice a big drop in cals for this level? Mine only saaid 179 even though I'm drenched in sweat and I'm definitely feeing it. For L2 it was always well over 300. I dont feel the cardio is quite as hard in this level but the as a lot of the strengh moves have jumping in them I assumed this would compensate for that. Maybe there is something wrong with my HRM? Or I nreed to make sure the settimgs are still right?
  • TattooedMommy427
    Options
    Day 11. I started level 2 this morning! I followed Anita, and had to take several breathers, BUT I got through it. Just a few days ago, I didnt think I would be able to do level 2 anytime soon!
  • beesknees798
    Options
    Great job, Lisa! I'm so excited to SOME day finish! Now that you're done what did you find the most challenging, and the most rewarding?

Just finished L1 D10! I'm watching L2 tonight to check it out, then will start again tomorrow. I got used to L1 and a little bored, so kind of excited to see how I do with these new moves. It'll also be good to do the whole learning process again so I feel stronger each time.

1/3 of the way done!

2911138.png
  • lisayvonne
    lisayvonne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kate--I think L3 is more about strength and less cardio than the previous workouts, though my heartbeat did get going during those jumps.

MrsPayne--you're on a roll! Keep it up!! What did you think of the L2 workout? Which parts are more challenging for you?

Cirflowers---congratulations on going down on the pant sizes. Twenty minutes of the Shred once a day is worth 12 hours of walking around in smaller size pants and feeling good about your success, no?

Eleanorb--good for you for making it past day 1. i took measurements after 1 week and the little changes that i saw then were a huge motivation to keep going after week 1.

Beesknees-good luck w/ your first L2 workout tomorrow. know that it will feel harder, but it will get a little easier each time you do it. There were several moves that I initially found challenging at each level (L1: the first and last strength sets were hard for me b/c i'm so weak in my arms; L2: the squat thrusts and plank jacks were hard the very first time--i could not send the message to my brain to actually do the jumps the first time I did the workout; L3: the plank walks and the lunge jumps were challenging). Even at the last workout, they were challenging and exhausting to do, but I was able to do them. It was encouraging to feel the progress from one workout to the next. It felt very rewarding to stick to the commitment and to make myself do the 20 min workout every day. I didn't always want to do it, but i ALWAYS came out of each workout feeling a sense of accomplishment for that day.

I'll keep tracking everyone's progress here and will look forward to your reports. Keep on shredding!
  • TattooedMommy427
    Options

MrsPayne--you're on a roll! Keep it up!! What did you think of the L2 workout? Which parts are more challenging for you?

accomplishment for that day.

I'll keep tracking everyone's progress here and will look forward to your reports. Keep on shredding!

WHOOP! I watched it last night to see how hard it look and was terrified. lol It looked so hard. I'm supried I did as well as I did. lol The more challenging parts was the one where you walk on your hands down to the push up position. (I havent done it enough to remember the name). I have ALOT of weight to hold up. lol
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Mrspayne - Good luck with L2, it is a big step up from L1 but in a few days you'll be working it!

Lisa, thanks for sharing your shredding journey with us. You've really helped to keep me going these last few weeks x

Beesknees, I hope L2D1 goes well for you today. You CAN do it!

Crlflowers - how are you doing?

I checked my HRM last night and reset it even though the settings looked right. Today I got a reading of 335. Either I didn't have the chest strap on right or there was a blip with it, but it seems L3 is just as tough as the rest after all :)
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Hi all,

I just took my measurements this morning. After doing 27 shred workouts, I lost the following:

5 lbs
    under an inch from each arm (definitely more muscle there)
    1 inch from each thigh (less fat and more muscle here too)
    1.5 inches from upper waist (all fat)
    3.5 inches from lower waist (all fat)
    2 inches from hips (all fat)
    2.5 inches from bust

Overall, it worked for me. I will definitely take up this challenge again! -Lisa

wow! that's totally inspiring. I just finished day 1 level 1! I had started the shred a couple of days ago but wasn't able to go hard since I was not familiar with the movements. Now that I am, I'm going to try my best to make the most of it! And wow, for 20 min I was sweating like crazy!!! I'm gonna try doing it every morning when I wake up, it's such a great way to start the day. I did it in my room, facing a mirror so that I can make sure I get those moves right! It's also a good way to keep yourself motivated I think, watching yourself kick butt and getting in shape! :laugh:
  • Floricienta
    Options
    AND REMEMBER THE NECK IS NOT INVITED TO THIS PARTY!!! :tongue:
  • TattooedMommy427
    Options
    Everyone still going strong?
    Day 14 for me, IN A ROW! Level 2. I felt terrible this morning, I didnt sleep well last night, so I didnt give it my all, but I DID get up and work out!
    How's everyone else doing?
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Hi all, sorry been MIA for a few days. I have a chest infection, so no shredding for me. So annoying as I came so close to finishing - just 5 days short. Grr!. Oh well, I need to rest for a while to get over this, I haven't got the breath or enery o carry on, so i'll be starting excercise again properly in he newyear. Good luck to all of you still working so hard!
  • Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    hi all! I've missed the last three days, but not for lack of exercise! I decided to go to the gym on saturday - on sunday I was SO sore that I really needed a day off, and monday I opted for my body styling class at the gym. But I am back on it today and tomorrow, and certainly over xmas!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Finished day 2 level 1 and watched all of level 2 and 3....... O M G I'm scared.