7 day water diet.

Options
Whats up... Has anyone heard of the 7 day water? Been on it for a few weeks, weight drops off real well.. But I plan on going veggi at the beginning of the month.. Is that a good idea or a bad one.? 215 heading for 200.Also, is the veggi lifestyle very hard? Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just losing water weight.... fad diets almost never work.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian for personal reasons and have been for 4.5 years. I enjoy it.

BUT I also eat a lot of food, even while losing weight. I've never heard of the 7 Day Water Diet, but anything that severely restricts caloric intake or food groups sounds like a bad idea to me.

The goal is sustainability. Even if you crash diet and lose a lot of weight very quickly, you still have to learn how to eat real food appropriately if you want to keep the weight off. Think about how you want to eat for the rest of your life and then figure out how to work it into your lifestyle.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    So no ESSENTIALS daily for 7 days? Think about it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up and is it true that you only eat 600 calories the first few days? Uh oh. I feel some crazy gifs coming on.....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no...

47321-hell-no-chris-tucker-gif-zUJk.gif
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up and is it true that you only eat 600 calories the first few days? Uh oh. I feel some crazy gifs coming on.....

Your prediction... is 100% accurate

20hmygy.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Ummm no!!!

Sounds like a fad diet to me and they usually don't work for long term results!!
    Personally, I think counting calories and tracking macros on mfp is much more sustainable and teaches the tools needed for long term success. So I don't do any fad dieting....
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options

20hmygy.gif
    Hah! Too funny.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it. I am opposed to any quick weight loss plan. In my very early years of trying to lose weight, I have tried Slim Fast, Metabolife, and some other crap. I will never go down the road again. There isn't a product on the market that can beat science.
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to lose weight so fast? Everyone seems to want a quick fix, and then go back to their former lifestyle. I've never known anyone that dropped weight fast and kept it off (most of the people I know who "diet" go on fad crash diets... they lose 10 pounds in a few days, then gain it all back). Slow, steady, and healthy win the race.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    1355768312_puppy_flips_over_while_eating.gif
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    xdF514u.gif
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I could watch this for days, cackling the entire time.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

20hmygy.gif

LOVE this GIF!!!!
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    you can try the strawberry diet though

cute-lemurs-eating-strawberries.gif
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options

This made my day.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yep, I drink water 7 days a week as part of my diet. :drinker:
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see a crazy topic like this (water diet, really??) I know there will be plenty of great gifs. Posts like this are my guilty pleasure for the day. That puppy is a hoot!
  • peggymunsell
    peggymunsell Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    two_headed_snake.gif
  • peggymunsell
    peggymunsell Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Let me make sure I am understanding you...it's a 7 day water diet and you've been doing it for several weeks?

7.gif
This discussion has been closed.