Love Peanut Butter? Then read this.......

Options

Replies

• SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Stop hating on the PB2!! I love it and have it almost every day - not as an alternative to peanutbutter, but because I can do so much more with it in powdered form.

I like to:
    - Stir it into my oatmeal
    - Sprinkle on top of ice cream
    - Mix it in with protein shakes
    - Use it for cooking (on chicken, in stir fry, etc)

Yes, I know I can use regular peanutbutter for all of those things. But I'll just be honest and say that I am sometimes just too lazy to mess with the sticky goodness. So, powdered it is. If I want a PB&J sandwich or peanutbutter spread, I use regular peanutbutter.

PB2 is just peanuts, sugar, and salt - so what's the issue? You can have your peanutbutter and eat it, too :)

You have to embrace the sticky goodness. Trying to avoid it just makes things uncomfortable.

Oh, I don't avoid it. Sticky goodness has a very special place in my life. Right time and place for everything, I always say :wink:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    why not mix PB2 in with your peanut butter, get more pea-nutty goodness and increase the calorie denseness and protein?
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I love P2B and am glad I found it a while ago!
    I love peanut butter but once I have a spoon full it's all over, I'll eat the entire jar. I won't eat the real stuff simply because there are way too many calories in it and not enough protein vs. a lean meat which I could have way more of... Anyway...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I've never looked at the nutrition for PB2 but my mom uses it. I just really don't like how it tastes for some reason. I have put it into smoothies and shakes though which kind of masks the taste which is good.

I use chocolate peanut butter in my smoothies for a little flavor, protein and sweetness. I thought some chocolate PB2 would work for fewer calories since it SHOULD taste similar.

$4-plus down the drain. I used it once and could barely finish that smoothie. I've also tried the regular PB2. A friend swore by it and insisted I try it and then kept insisting that it was good and I should switch to it even after I told her I prefered the real thing. PB2 people are like a cult, I swear.

Glad I saw this thread - I thought I was the only one that despised PB2. I can't choke it down in a shake, so God forbid I'd try it reconstitituted. It doesn't blend in well enough for me. And I use a Vitamix, so it isn't an issue with the blender :/
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ewwww. I'll pass on powdered PB lacking fat and calories.

Call me when you discover this one instead:
    img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img

OMG. I want that. I'm going shopping tomorrow just for that. I must possess it.
    They also make a dark chocolate one.

Dark Chocolate, you say?! WHERE?
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to do powdered peanut butter I just buy peanut flour (there's no added sugar or salt). I'll add it to my baking or Asian dishes that really don't need any more fat added (trust me, I don't fear eating fat!). Otherwise, just go for the real thing. When you take the fat out, it's just more processed, and less filling.

But oi, do what you will. You don't need others to tell you what you like and dislike now do you? :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img

OMG. I want that. I'm going shopping tomorrow just for that. I must possess it.
    They also make a dark chocolate one.

Dark Chocolate, you say?! WHERE?
    Walmart sells it around here.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Have you tried the dark chocolate one? Delish...
    Yes I have. I usually use white chocolate in sandwiches and I eat the dark chocolate by scooping it onto a bowl and eating it with a spoon. The crunchy time flavor is also good.

If anyone is in or comes to NYC you need to visit the store in the city. So many great treats like pb and waffles with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

what are the cross streeets? I will be in the city soon
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I like the PB2 for smoothies, I have one with it almost every day.
    I LOVE regular peanut butter (I'm a sane human being, of course I do), but I'm here to, you know, count calories, so I find PB2 to be a pretty great substitute for the real thing.

I'm glad you've found it, and I'm glad you like it!

But, it isn't any more or less healthy than the real deal, it just has fewer calories :)
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is not unhealthy, it's just calorie dense. In moderation it's a great healthy way to get protein, fat, fiber, etc. I've never tried PB2 but the fact that it's powdered sceeves me out. :sick:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    There is nothing unhealthy about peanut butter.

WORD!

PB2 is epic though, because it mixes really well in protein shakes.
  • lisamay74
    lisamay74 Posts: 16
    Options
    It is because I love Peanut Butter that I do not eat PB2.

+ one.

+ two

And I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread did not go the way the OP thought it would.
    No this thread did not go as I thought it would!! I thought I was being helpful!! GUESS NOT!!
    I say it is a healthy alternative to PB because i LOVE pb!!! and I tend to go waaaay over board with pb and I blame me eating too much pb with my apples for much of these 21 pounds I need to lose.... I know regular PB is healthy but not when you tend to go overboard as i tend to do!!!
    That is why I sat it is healthy!!

And with the PB2 *so far* I am not going overboard!!!

Those of you who did not antagonize me......THANK YOU :flowerforyou:

Those of you who did I think we got off on the wrong foot........

Lisa
  • asiantaye
    asiantaye Posts: 26
    Options
    I brought this and this and I have to say as much as i Love peanut butter,I didn't enjoy it. I have a full jar only tried once. I will give it a second try since some one mentioned that they put it in smoothie.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It is because I love Peanut Butter that I do not eat PB2.

+ one.

+ two

And I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread did not go the way the OP thought it would.
    No this thread did not go as I thought it would!! I thought I was being helpful!! GUESS NOT!!
    I say it is a healthy alternative to PB because i LOVE pb!!! and I tend to go waaaay over board with pb and I blame me eating too much pb with my apples for much of these 21 pounds I need to lose.... I know regular PB is healthy but not when you tend to go overboard as i tend to do!!!
    That is why I sat it is healthy!!

And with the PB2 *so far* I am not going overboard!!!

Those of you who did not antagonize me......THANK YOU :flowerforyou:

Those of you who did I think we got off on the wrong foot........

Lisa

Well I appreciate that you took your wounds and clarified :) I will now deflect some of the heat from you and say TURKEY BACON IS BETTER THAN PORK BACON!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I think if you are only have 1200 calories and are grappling for ways to stay within that that PB2 serves a function. I bought both the regular and chocolate one when I was doing most of my losing. But that was like one and a half years ago and there are still 2 half full jars of it in my pantry. So I guess that says something about how wonderful it is (taste wise).
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    A jar of Jif peanut butter and a spoon. That is all I would need to survive anything.
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Have you tried the dark chocolate one? Delish...
    Yes I have. I usually use white chocolate in sandwiches and I eat the dark chocolate by scooping it onto a bowl and eating it with a spoon. The crunchy time flavor is also good.

If anyone is in or comes to NYC you need to visit the store in the city. So many great treats like pb and waffles with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

what are the cross streeets? I will be in the city soon
    240 Sullivan Street
    Between W3rd and Bleeker St.

I also enjoyed their pb chocolate brownies. Very yummy.

Peanut Butter & Co products are non existent where I live.

Every time I'm reminded , I'm sad again.