THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If it turns out to be the hunters...they werent cannibals before. They turned cannibal out of desperation or at least the hunters did in the comics...

I don't know why they do it and I don't care...

All I know is they GON' DIE! :laugh:
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Fish or no fish, if there were a choice between eating ANYTHING (they had crops growing, yo) and eating people, I'd choose the ANYTHING ELSE.

That was clearly a lifestyle choice not born of absolute necessity. It's something I expected to be touched upon in the series at some point, though. Here's my question: If everyone is infected with the zombie virus and it activates postmortem, wouldn't eating postmortem human flesh accelerate or potentially cause the virus to mutate?

Maybe they don't kill them before they eat them?
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

They so need an outdoors-man to help write this script.

Well, as I have no idea what you are talking about, I imagine very few others do, and therefore, the writers are banking on the likelihood that the characters would also be clueless of such things.

Actually anyone that has ever fished or watched TV should know what most of those things mean.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Fish or no fish, if there were a choice between eating ANYTHING (they had crops growing, yo) and eating people, I'd choose the ANYTHING ELSE.

That was clearly a lifestyle choice not born of absolute necessity. It's something I expected to be touched upon in the series at some point, though. Here's my question: If everyone is infected with the zombie virus and it activates postmortem, wouldn't eating postmortem human flesh accelerate or potentially cause the virus to mutate?

So that meat on the grill was still alive?
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options

That would be horrifically awesome.
    Just hacking off random parts, but keeping the person alive.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Thinking it's implied that they cut the limbs off one at a time and use what's there before actually "killing them".. so legs and arms then torso then decapitate or something. UGH. don't even like thinking about it :(
  • PriscillaLaine
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

Well, as I have no idea what you are talking about, I imagine very few others do, and therefore, the writers are banking on the likelihood that the characters would also be clueless of such things.

Actually anyone that has ever fished or watched TV should know what most of those things mean.

The Simpsons. Homer electrocutes the fish!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Well I guess I would just die in the zombie apocalypse. But seriously, not everyone has experience with fishing so it's foolish to assume that most would.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options

Thinking it's implied that they cut the limbs off one at a time and use what's there before actually "killing them".. so legs and arms then torso then decapitate or something. UGH. don't even like thinking about it :(

:laugh: Maybe they are saving them for fish bait? :laugh:
  • PriscillaLaine
    Options

:laugh: Maybe they are saving them for fish bait? :laugh:

They could save the left-over, re-animated head to dunk in the water to catch the fish
  • moosegt35
    Options

Well I guess I would just die in the zombie apocalypse. But seriously, not everyone has experience with fishing so it's foolish to assume that most would.

There is a show on TV that all the do is noodling. Also, a trot line can be found on about any outdoors TV show, movie, etc. You don't have to be a fisherman to watch TV.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Cannot wait for fall! I hate how they take such a long hiatus :(
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ringleader, Archer, Samurai...Kid

Loved it
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    so say they are cannibals... if Carol and Tyrese walk in with Judith... they save and raise the baby or not? (Of course I have a feeling Carol won't just walk in there like everyone else has)
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    so say they are cannibals... if Carol and Tyrese walk in with Judith... they save and raise the baby or not? (Of course I have a feeling Carol won't just walk in there like everyone else has)

Yeah I'm pretty sure Carol and Tyreese will be a bit more leery. I'm sure they want to know whether or not their friends made it. Maybe they'll have seen Gareth command Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl into the train car and know that terminus is not a good place and then plan a way to get them out? Maybe Carol will sacrifice herself (creating a distraction) so Tyreese (with Judith and weapons) can sneak in and get the rest of Rick & Co. out of the train car... I really don't want Carol to die though, but she seems like the type that would want to sacrifice herself to "atone" for her "sins"...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I said this in a group thread, but I really don't think they are about eating children. I think that was why they really tried to separate Carl from the group. They were real hesitant to send him into the container.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    im gonna lighten this up....last night on talking dead someone asked what celebrity would you like to see play themself on the show...rick(andrew lincoln) said william shatner....mine would be sheldon from big bang.....who do yall think??
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Gary Busey... They wouldn't even need to put on zombie makeup for him
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    im gonna lighten this up....last night on talking dead someone asked what celebrity would you like to see play themself on the show...rick(andrew lincoln) said william shatner....mine would be sheldon from big bang.....who do yall think??

I would not mind seeing Al Pacino go crazy on some zombies...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Not at all because I'm a huge Andrew Lincoln fan or anything, but I would have said Shatner too... or Patrick Stewart (cause I'm a huge Star Trek fan also). How much fun would it be to have Patrick Stewart show up in Terminus to give Mary (aka Denise Crosby/Tasha Yar) a hard time? :drinker: