THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• miniformatlerin
    Options
    honestly, im sure they all thought about fishing because it was the first thing that came to my mind when i thought about food. im not really sure about plants because i wouldnt be able to recognize eatable things exccept things like apples or things you get to buy at the supermarket and meat is the thing i would try to avoid simply because ima pescetarian. i would probably start eating meat again because there is no other way but fishing would be the thing i would consider quiet early. there are only a few living people left so why would you eat them too? so zombies can finally take over the world and there is no chance to kill all of them? :D
    but yeah. i hope these ****ers havent eaten beth yet, i really liked her
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't think these are the Hunters. I think they are a freaky religious cult, but not the cannibals. Remember the sign "never again, never trust, we first always". I think they were brutally attacked at one point. Either way, there will be a blood bath come October. I could be wrong...only time will tell...And that's too long a time for me.

Oh and I'd like to see Morgan Freeman play himself.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    morgan freeman...thats a good one!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't think these are the Hunters. I think they are a freaky religious cult, but not the cannibals. Remember the sign "never again, never trust, we first always". I think they were brutally attacked at one point. Either way, there will be a blood bath come October. I could be wrong...only time will tell...And that's too long a time for me.

Yeah, I was really thinking that their behavior isn't really "hunter-like". They didn't go out and find Rick and Co. They lured them in, and then herded them like cattle. That isn't really how hunting operates. But then, I really don't know that much about fishing either so I'm probably completely wrong.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options

I was quite certain that I noticed a gated in area with a bunch of bare skeletons when Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl were running through the compound and the Terminus people were shooting at them.............that made me think that they were, in deed, the canibals.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm voting for Flav O Flav as himself!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I agreed last night that Christopher Walken would have to play himself. He would have made a good governor...
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Yeah, I was really thinking that their behavior isn't really "hunter-like". They didn't go out and find Rick and Co. They lured them in, and then herded them like cattle. That isn't really how hunting operates. But then, I really don't know that much about fishing either so I'm probably completely wrong.

Stalking isn't the only method of hunting. Luring animals is often used, so is herding them, sort of as seen in the snare they used to catch the rabbit in the episode.
    I think they are the cannibals, there's so much foreshadowing, and evidence to support it in the episode. If they're not, then the writers have really gone out of their way to make us believe they are, just to be like "OH SNAP, had you all fooled!"
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yep there were bones. I am the type of person that doesn't like going for obvious;) I don't follow the herd
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If it turns out to be the hunters...they werent cannibals before. They turned cannibal out of desperation or at least the hunters did in the comics...

I don't know why they do it and I don't care...

All I know is they GON' DIE! :laugh:

Haha Yah they don't know who they are screwin' with...per Rick
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I agreed last night that Christopher Walken would have to play himself. He would have made a good governor...

definately him...

Me ...Sam Elliott...just too sexy for words
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

They so need an outdoors-man to help write this script.

Who says the zombies eat the animals? First off how do they catch them?
    The zombies are so slow they barely catch humans/non zombies so how are they going to catth a deer or rabbit etc???
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

They so need an outdoors-man to help write this script.

Who says the zombies eat the animals? First off how do they catch them?
    The zombies are so slow they barely catch humans/non zombies so how are they going to cat h a deer or rabbit etc???

They may eat the injured ones. We've seen them catch piglets and eat deer and cows and horses.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Fish or no fish, if there were a choice between eating ANYTHING (they had crops growing, yo) and eating people, I'd choose the ANYTHING ELSE.

That was clearly a lifestyle choice not born of absolute necessity. It's something I expected to be touched upon in the series at some point, though. Here's my question: If everyone is infected with the zombie virus and it activates postmortem, wouldn't eating postmortem human flesh accelerate or potentially cause the virus to mutate?

"YO"?
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love Rick
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Roll on next season!!!
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options

definately him...

Me ...Sam Elliott...just too sexy for words

Nice one.

I was thinking Bill Murray, but it's been done, so logically I have to say Chuck Norris.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Ringleader, Archer, Samurai...Kid

Loved it

I thought it sounded like a way to depersonalize "meat" that you're planning to eat. Kind of like how people who raise animals for food don't name the animals or treat them like pets.
  • bloozen
    bloozen Posts: 131
    Options
    The creator mentioned in an interview to not get too hyped up about them simply being cannibals, this could be a mixture of a couple parts of the comic...Neegan incoming
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

They may eat the injured ones. We've seen them catch piglets and eat deer and cows and horses.

Chickens too, but the chickens and piglets had broken legs, the deer had been shot by Darrell with a crossbow, horses and cattle are domesticated so they aren't naturally afraid of humans but remove human contact from them and they will shy away from people.
    I just don't buy the fact that the zombies are catching and eating wild animals, it's all conjecture since we all know zombies don't really exist. We do know that don't we??? LoL

Now lets talk about World War Z.... now those zombies can catch some critters!