How often do YOU weigh in?

Options
124»

Replies

• LeashaJ21
    LeashaJ21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm shocked to see how many people weigh in daily! Surely that can be really demotivating as you could weigh different every day due to water weight and things like that? I weigh in every Monday night, same routine and eat the same kinds of food that day. I even weigh in after doing a certain amount of exercise. I want to be sure it's exact! I think if I weighed in once a day i'd become too obsessed and upset if there were no changes. Best decision I ever made no investing in scales, I weigh myself at the gym and only there..
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily. Started the weight loss on doc's advice due to blood pressure. Every morning step on my scale, start the coffee, take my blood pressure. I log sleep, activity via FitBit, food, water. I recommend TrendWeight or some other means of looking at moving averages. With weight, it's the trend I'm interested in, not every small blip. Although, interesting to see what a high sodium day does to me.
    I've automated as much of my data collection and analysis as I can. FitBit Aria wi-fi connected scale, FitBit, Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Health Vault. See my blog if you are interested in how I pull it all together: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/
    I can understand the once a week approach. However, there is some evidence that daily weighing is associated with successful weight loss and maintenance. Has been the case for me. And looking at moving averages helps to keep from taking a single reading too seriously. I've also come to expect, and accept, some plateaus, as my body defends and adjust set-point. I'm committed to long term health and not just weight loss so I'm willing to go slow, keep up my exercise, and emphasize nutrition. I eat lots of non-starchy veggies and keep my carbs fairly low.
    All the best!
  • bunnypanther
    Options
    I log once a week (if I remember) on a Friday morning, after a wee before my tea!

I get on the scales a few times during the week to nose but don't let it bother me too much, my weight can fluctuate by 7lb at times so an official once a week is best for me I think.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    At least once every 3 to 6 months