Mission to loose 20lbs by 30th June- Join me please?

Options

Replies

• bazookamomma
    bazookamomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! But how will we keep each other on track??

Weigh in days? Recipes?!

I've lost 20 already, I would love help with these last 20!
  • emmy724
    emmy724 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me, I am in! I am aiming for about 15 pounds:) Starting the 30 day shred today as well.
  • squarerootofpi
    Options
    Count me in, this is just the sort of motivation I need to get my butt in gear. 20 lbs by the end of June will put me at almost losing 10% of my starting weight. That is going to be awesome. Feel free to add me.
  • susie0368
    Options
    I'm in!! I just joined tonight because I finally got out for a walk this year. It's been a long, cold winter here in MA, USA and I gained 25 lbs this winter. I ate to stay warm...that was my excuse. I want to love the 25 lbs by Memorial Day which is May 26 and is the official start of summer for us here on the East coast. I plan on starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on 4/7/14 to jump start the weight loss. So I'm in!!
  • susie0368
    Options
    What about Sat morning for weigh in days?
  • Kttcole
    Kttcole Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, count me in too. Love to down a dress size before summer
  • bazookamomma
    bazookamomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have P90X, Insanity, and T-25 all here with me. I'm 6'0" and started at 244lb, and down to 207lb, with goal of 185lbs. I was working out at the gym previously, but just started doing a hybrid of the home video programs above 3 weeks ago. Currently I am doing the 3 P90X lifting routines 3 days a week, and doing either insanity or T-25 3 days a week in between P90X.
    Here is some interesting information I took just a couple days ago from my HR monitor as I did each of these exercises over 3 consecutive days.

1. Insanity Max Plyo... 40 min... 620 cal burned (15.5 cal/min)
    2. P90X Shoulders and Arms w/ Ab Ripper X...... 75 min......757 cal burned (10.1 cal/min)
    3. T-25 Beta Speed 1.0......25 min..... 442 cal burned (17.7 cal/min)

T-25 will give you more efficient calorie burning than Insanity since you don't have the stretching routines in the middle. And while P90X lifting routines are the least efficient in term of cal burned/min... You want to do those. For every pound of muscle you build... you burn 30 more calories per day from your resting BMR.

I highly recommend you get a HR monitor so you can keep track of your calories burned. I actually lost a lot of weight by just eating healthy and working out, but then I hit a plateau. No matter how hard I worked out and clean I ate, I couldn't lose weight for about 6 weeks. Then I started doing the home videos, used my HR monitor, and got a digital scale to weigh my food that I made at home. The problem was that I was not eating enough calories and my body went into starvation mode and tried to hang on the the fat I had. I lost 5 lbs the first week, and lose almost 1/2 lb every day now. I also changed my goals to 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat (recommended in Fat Shredder Phase in P90X nutrition plan). Once I hit my weight loss goal, I will up my calories, carbs, and fat, to start building muscle. Carbs are what give your body and muscles their primary fuel. (I am also in grad school, med school, and this is simple biochemistry). But excess carbs also get stored as fat.

So I make sure I do the 3 P90X lifting routines every week, and do either Insanity or T-25 depending on how I'm feeling or how much time I have. I then just adjust my calorie intake appropriately. I can do this since I use the HR monitor and scale, so I know exactly the difference in my calories consumed and burned.

My BMR is 2450... and I try to NET 1350 - 1550 calories per day. (YES... YOU MUST EAT BACK ALL OF THE CALORIES YOU BURN FROM EXERCISE!!!!) If your NET falls below 1200 cal, you are in danger of your body trying to preserve your fat and thus preventing you lose weight. (of course this can not be the case if you are 5'0" and weigh 100 lbs).

Hope this helps!

Thank you for all of this info!!
  • xgussie
    xgussie Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 20ish by the first weekend in June, so I'm totally with you.
    I need to lose the weight I gained back after I was able to eat solid food again.
  • Mousie59
    Mousie59 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in....really need the motivation. I had lost some and gained it and some back, so really want to stay on track.:happy:
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    I am up for it. I would like to see 20 lbs gone by the beginning of June. Leaving for vacation.
  • SSSQ
    SSSQ Posts: 1
    Options
    I will join you! I would be thrilled if I lost 20 lbs by june! :)
  • Strahowski772
    Options
    I will join you!!!!!
  • Misty_forest
    Options
    Let's do this!
  • ashberry86
    Options
    I'm Totally in! Please anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Feel free to add me.
  • kayha112
    kayha112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. June is my birthday month and I would love to be 20 lbs lighter. Feel free to add me.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • coquinat
    coquinat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    yooooo I'm in!!
  • ukgirl1972
    ukgirl1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did my first 'Couch25k' run last night. Plan to start 30 day shred today!

34186714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods